Ork DethDeala Builds

Wot is da best way to blow up gitz? DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA!
Hirmetrium

Re: Ork DethDeala Builds

Postby Hirmetrium » 20 May 2016, 11:54

Yeah it's a massive noob trap. You want your units to fire at 3k so they have that 50% - anything earlier and it's wasted DPS because of the high likelihood it will miss. 50% accuracy improvement only works above 6k, which no ork ship can hit, so it's also a waste. They are the biggest noob traps on Orks and hopefully will be replaced by more suitably Orky upgrades at some point when they get their balance pass.

Lucifronsun's post is solid as always, he makes excellent suggestions.

Grot launchers are wasted entirely, you could get a pair for one kustom point for torp/squadron defense but it increases the cost of the unit a lot making it harder to fit your orky ships into those neat 100 point costs. Ork bomba's are the worst bomber in the game at the moment doing next to no damage. Assault boats are ok, but not as good as more heavy kannons/mega kannons. Much better off on Cruisers to support the dethdeala, which has plenty of turrets anyway.

I personally rock belt armor and the gauge upgrade to give EIC a boost (+red sunz favour it's bloody nasty), or auger to improve MWJ if it's on a ship.

Right now you can take a deathdeala for 200pnts w/ MK/2xHK and 4x Light cruiser for 97pnts a piece (w/ MK) which is a great 600pnt army. Give red sunz to all the cruisers and trator beam the deathdeala to the enemy for massive lulz. Counters the speed issues entirely.

Pile_O_Gunz

Postby Pile_O_Gunz » 21 May 2016, 15:24

The newb trap does make me think though.

Maybe really big gunz and improved accuracy could be worthwhile as final upgrades on the 3 Zzap build. 3 Zzaps leaves you with 6 Lotsa Gunz which might be handy vs Eldar(theyd have 37% accuracy at 9k and 50% at 6k). The downside is you'd be sacraficing a fair bit of resiliance for it and yes they are macros(gd vs eldar) but they are also well known to suck so I don't know.

Bludfist

Postby Bludfist » 21 May 2016, 15:39

im sorry but what?

Using the 112 speed death dela with crappy gunz is an absolutely horrible idea its irrelevant if you want to push the range up to 9k when your broadsides produce extreamly inconsistent damage

that a 200 plus point ship with 3 long range weapons that dont work vs eldar whom will just bomb and pulsar your ship to death and not worry about lances and can deal with your torps between fighter screens and dark star fighters

if you want to fight eldar you dont use a ship as immobile as the deathdeala, you spam onsloughts and 2 lcs

the fact that some one would advocate a gunz build on an ork ship flabbergasts me
Chaos walking into Aldorf be like
Spoiler : :

Pile_O_Gunz

Postby Pile_O_Gunz » 21 May 2016, 15:49

I'm not advocating a gunz build I'm advocating the 3 Mega Zzap build. Which in my experience is viable in certain matchups like Chaos.

A consequence of that build is your left with a ton of lotsa gunz so I was wondering if there was a way to make them usefull.
I wasn't telling people they should take the upgrades for Lotsagunz I was raising the idea for discussion. You need to calm down Bludfist.

Bludfist

Postby Bludfist » 21 May 2016, 16:04

losta gunz cannot be viable for the same reason they wernt viable on TT

the devs brought in the +/- 50 attribute because lolorkssotheyneedrambumbchanceonalltheirshit and as long as it exists and and they do inconsistent damage they will never be as viable as heavy gunz

I dont understand why you advocate the lance build when first ork lances arnt something to be impressed;single barrel and slow firing, they dont synergize with the faction playstyle, can be countered and dealt with the same way you deal with long range chaos harrass, running silent etc about and your ships are not threatening since you have to blow your kustom points on lances leaving you with torp lauchas and lotsa gunz and if you go 1 zzzap + MK then i dont think you will be able to field more than 5 lances maybe in a 700 point match?

we dont get 270 arc lances till BC's and kdue to ork ships low turn rate its hard to keep our prows and 90 degree lances on target

also i am calm lol im not going to get worked up because you have a "different" playstyle

Pile_O_Gunz

Postby Pile_O_Gunz » 21 May 2016, 16:37

I think we got some confusion I'm talking about a build for a single DethDeala here not an entire fleet of lances !

I advocate lance build Deathdeala as part of a brawling-focused Goff fleet when matched with Chaos. Goffs don't need more brawling power vs a kiting Chaos they need to be able to catch or damage them - this is where the lance build on the DeathDeala comes in.

Vs this Chaos have two options. They can either try to brawl with Goffs knowing the BS is a lance build or they can kite the Goffs whilst getting hit by 3 15k lances from the DethDeala. They usually kite and they usually lose.

MysticForce

Postby MysticForce » 22 May 2016, 18:17

Eh, a kiting Chaos fleet should have a bunch of Tzeentch ships making detection a nightmare. 15k zzaps won't make a difference if they are either hidden or blips the entire time. Probes are kinda useless at long range detection against nimble fleets since they can be easily dodged, and beacons are only really useful if the enemy is within 10k AND you can drop their shields. So, if any Chaos ships tries to get within 10k range to, I donno, physically detect your ships as opposed to using probes and beacons (both work great against orks...), then yeah, you can probably zzap its shields and slap a beacon on it...but that's 1 ship out of a fleet.

Dethdeala is simply too slow to be of use against fast fleets, so it's pointless trying to make it into something it isn't. Stick with short range weapons, only bring it out vs other Orks and Imperials, and stick to Red Sunz for Chaos will get better results.

Bludfist

Postby Bludfist » 22 May 2016, 21:31

I guess it depends on wha you want to "use it for" maybe gunz wants to make it a general all purpose ship

Becuase death dela is so slow if I find it only good for assination defender and space station assault

Where the enemy is commig to me the x2 heavy gunz + DMK does real work

I don't know what you mean gunz about te strength of goffs vs chaos

Their nimble ships can dodge uncontrolled rams, MoS silence can stop boarding actions among other things and MoN ships are immune to them

Edelweiss00

Postby Edelweiss00 » 02 June 2016, 06:16

I'm running a double mega kannon - mega zap cannon build with evil sunz favor on my Dethdeala. Currently a lvl 5 battleship together with my level 9 lightcruiser with mega kannon and evil sunz favor loadout. My build is prow heavy focused.

Dethdala Upgrades:

Chained squigs - For me, this is a mandatory upgrade. Hell, you won't like it when an almost full HP Dethdeala go full subordination.
Really Big Gunz - Extend them mega kannonz range! 6k ranges to those mega kannonz really helps alot

Dethdala Crew:

Dakka Masta - Them gunnerz max level for more power
Boyz - More defense from assault actions
Grotz - faster skill cooldown

Dethdala Skillz:

Micro Warp Jump - for mobility purposes
Taunt - I aint gonna let those speedy ships out of my range
Overload Sheeldz - Make those sheeldz invulnerable. I need this to soak damage while I close in.
Plasma bomb - Moar damage

Upgrades I'm gonna get (Mandatory for me):

Grot-Tuned Thrusters - gonna need additional turn speed specially that I'm running a full frontal dethdeala build
Heavy Gunz - Mega kannonz will hurt alot at close range with this.

List of upgrades I'm choosing to get:

Belt Armor - preventing 1 critical strike is pretty nifty. You never know if that critical strike would take out your engine or your generators.
Extra Sheeldz - More shields, more tanking
Lotsa Hull Plates - More Hull points, more tanking
Mork Blessed Scannurz - Increased detection range. I'm planning to combo my micro warp jump with this as this will increase my warp range.

Do note that I prefer playing 2v2 fights, sometimes with my buddy which is an Imp running goth cruisers or sometimes with random peeps. So when it comes fighting against fast ships, I let my random mate chase the enemy. But still, I can hold my own against faster ships (Chaos and Eldar) with this build. Boost, micro warp jump, traktor then taunt. Most of the times, and when the enemy does not have a micro warp jump of his own, I can get a ship down to half hull points or at times, destroy it.

There was this 1 match where I was up against an Eldar Voidstalker. I think it was a low level voidstalker as it does not have the stealth thingy yet so I can see its bleep from a mile away. It was setting up for an opening pulsar so it had to get within 9k from me. What I did was Mirco warp jumped in front of it, boosted then taunted it. Luckily he wasnt able to react on time and I already boosted my lightcruiser and it was within taunting range (Yeah my LC also has a taunt), so I kinda taunt locked it and the voidstalker exploded in less than 10 seconds lol (WAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHH)

Well this is just an example of what I normally do with this kind of build. About the accuracy of the mega kannonz, I dunno if I'm just lucky or they are not that inaccurate like what other people are saying. But yeah, they're pretty accurate at 6k range even without the accuracy upgrade. They take long to fire but as they pack a lot of punch (1 concentrated volley to a battleship takes away all its shield and did some nice hull damage.). Then again, I'm pretty much closer to 3k range. Or maybe I get really lucky when I'm at 6k range.

Anyways, there you have it. That's how I roll with my Dethdeala. Please do give me your opinion about this, so that I could make my Dethdeala better :D

Orky Mcorky out (WAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!)

Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Imperator5 » 02 June 2016, 11:38

Lucifronsun wrote:
Fredlaren wrote:Oi,

I have been experimenting with the big bad orky spacehulk battleship. So far the configuration which is working in most of my battles (except eldar...)

The ork battleship isn't a spacehulk, just fyi.

Currently I have the Evil Sunz favour on it, for the Traktor Beam and the extra combustion gauge. What I might put on is the +300% crit to lances on lock on order.

Keep on the evil sunz, don't use zzaps, and don't you ever buy upgrades for zzaps, much less the single most worthless lance upgrade.

What are your builds on battleships?

Mega kannon and 2x heavy kannons, best build by far, since all the other guns suck. Strap on evil sunz on all your ships, fling people into your prows or into the middle of your fleet.

Mandatory upgrades:

AP ammo
Turn speed
Squigs, because watching your full health battleship flee a won fight because a cruiser got low is only funny the first few times.
Belt armor

Seriously these are not optional, I wish it wasn't this way but it is.

Upgrades to consider:

Grot messengers(For the extra uptime on brace)
Extra turrets(If you refuse to bring a carrier with you)
Mekboy engines(But you already move slow as shit, doesn't make much difference, plus you've got belt armor)

It's a trap upgrades:

Every weapon upgrade but AP ammo, don't be deceived.

Why bother:

Everything else

For skills:

Micro warp jump
Taunt
Extra maneuver gauge
I put waaagh on my battleship to make all my skills nice and neat across my fleet.

This works like a charm for pve too.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

Return to “Ork Pirate Fleets”