Ork DethDeala Builds

Wot is da best way to blow up gitz? DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA!
User avatar
Kine²
Posts: 352
Joined: 27 March 2016, 10:38
Contact:

Re: Ork DethDeala Builds

Postby Kine² » 28 April 2016, 11:45

Goffs on BB is like having an extra Mega Kannon.
no victory without war New Game Mode Suggestion

User avatar
Bludfist
Posts: 997
Joined: 14 March 2016, 22:46
Contact:

Re: Ork DethDeala Builds

Postby Bludfist » 28 April 2016, 12:15

Kine² wrote:Goffs on BB is like having an extra Mega Kannon.



goff, and genreal ork ramming requires set up vs better players, too easy to see big red button ramming comming from a mile away and at this point with how stupidly slow deathdela is id rather have a trakktor to pull and keep targets in range
Chaos walking into Aldorf be like
Spoiler : :
Image

User avatar
Kine²
Posts: 352
Joined: 27 March 2016, 10:38
Contact:

Re: Ork DethDeala Builds

Postby Kine² » 28 April 2016, 12:40

Bludfist wrote:
Kine² wrote:Goffs on BB is like having an extra Mega Kannon.


too easy to see big red button ramming coming from a mile away


Cruiser tackles. Battleship rams. Works ok.
no victory without war New Game Mode Suggestion

Fredlaren
Posts: 31
Joined: 21 April 2016, 21:14
Contact:

Re: Ork DethDeala Builds

Postby Fredlaren » 28 April 2016, 18:32

Kine² wrote:
Bludfist wrote:
Kine² wrote:Goffs on BB is like having an extra Mega Kannon.


too easy to see big red button ramming coming from a mile away


Cruiser tackles. Battleship rams. Works ok.


Yeah if you can micro them together :P

User avatar
Kine²
Posts: 352
Joined: 27 March 2016, 10:38
Contact:

Re: Ork DethDeala Builds

Postby Kine² » 28 April 2016, 20:15

Fredlaren wrote:Yeah if you can micro them together


Dethdeala moving as fast as my nail grow helps the cause.
no victory without war New Game Mode Suggestion

Fredlaren
Posts: 31
Joined: 21 April 2016, 21:14
Contact:

Re: Ork DethDeala Builds

Postby Fredlaren » 30 April 2016, 23:16

Kine² wrote:
Fredlaren wrote:Yeah if you can micro them together


Dethdeala moving as fast as my nail grow helps the cause.


But when it arrives to the enemy they are already softened up and then it will finish the job easily.

Lucifronsun
Posts: 406
Joined: 13 March 2016, 01:41
Contact:

Re: Ork DethDeala Builds

Postby Lucifronsun » 01 May 2016, 02:51

Fredlaren wrote:Oi,

I have been experimenting with the big bad orky spacehulk battleship. So far the configuration which is working in most of my battles (except eldar...)


The ork battleship isn't a spacehulk, just fyi.

Currently I have the Evil Sunz favour on it, for the Traktor Beam and the extra combustion gauge. What I might put on is the +300% crit to lances on lock on order.


Keep on the evil sunz, don't use zzaps, and don't you ever buy upgrades for zzaps, much less the single most worthless lance upgrade.

What are your builds on battleships?


Mega kannon and 2x heavy kannons, best build by far, since all the other guns suck. Strap on evil sunz on all your ships, fling people into your prows or into the middle of your fleet.

Mandatory upgrades:

AP ammo
Turn speed
Squigs, because watching your full health battleship flee a won fight because a cruiser got low is only funny the first few times.
Belt armor

Seriously these are not optional, I wish it wasn't this way but it is.

Upgrades to consider:

Grot messengers(For the extra uptime on brace)
Extra turrets(If you refuse to bring a carrier with you)
Mekboy engines(But you already move slow as shit, doesn't make much difference, plus you've got belt armor)

It's a trap upgrades:

Every weapon upgrade but AP ammo, don't be deceived.

Why bother:

Everything else

For skills:

Micro warp jump
Taunt
Extra maneuver gauge
I put waaagh on my battleship to make all my skills nice and neat across my fleet.

FatMountain
Posts: 3
Joined: 19 May 2016, 19:41
Contact:

Re: Ork DethDeala Builds

Postby FatMountain » 19 May 2016, 22:55

Lucifronsun wrote:
Fredlaren wrote:Oi,

I have been experimenting with the big bad orky spacehulk battleship. So far the configuration which is working in most of my battles (except eldar...)


The ork battleship isn't a spacehulk, just fyi.

Currently I have the Evil Sunz favour on it, for the Traktor Beam and the extra combustion gauge. What I might put on is the +300% crit to lances on lock on order.


Keep on the evil sunz, don't use zzaps, and don't you ever buy upgrades for zzaps, much less the single most worthless lance upgrade.

What are your builds on battleships?


Mega kannon and 2x heavy kannons, best build by far, since all the other guns suck. Strap on evil sunz on all your ships, fling people into your prows or into the middle of your fleet.

Mandatory upgrades:

AP ammo
Turn speed
Squigs, because watching your full health battleship flee a won fight because a cruiser got low is only funny the first few times.
Belt armor

Seriously these are not optional, I wish it wasn't this way but it is.

Upgrades to consider:

Grot messengers(For the extra uptime on brace)
Extra turrets(If you refuse to bring a carrier with you)
Mekboy engines(But you already move slow as shit, doesn't make much difference, plus you've got belt armor)

It's a trap upgrades:

Every weapon upgrade but AP ammo, don't be deceived.

Why bother:

Everything else

For skills:

Micro warp jump
Taunt
Extra maneuver gauge
I put waaagh on my battleship to make all my skills nice and neat across my fleet.


This is a solid post, mind if I ask a few questions?

1: Why do you say the +300% chance of crit damage on lock-on order for lances is the most worthless upgrade for lances? I only ask because I'm using this in my Chaos fleet. Is it not worth it?

2: For the 5th upgrade slot on the Ork BB, what about the following
A: Lotsa Thrusters (good synergy with Evil Sunz, helps a bit with the speed problem)
B: Lotsa Hull Plates (plays to ork strength of tons of hull points, gives you a little bit more room before you hit the 30% integrity mark for insubordination)
C: Really Big Gunz (I know you said not to use other weapon upgrades, but at 6K accuracy is 50% for orks. With 2 MK firing, or 4-6 HK firing from broadside, I'd say there's still a decent chance of a hit, and the alpha damage on those things is insane. It's worth getting even one or 2 more hits if you can't actually catch up to them, which happens often)

3: What about Stasis bomb in place of Taunt? I only say this because taunting a ship that has its engagement range set to 9k-12k will only make them continue to drift away from you, not helping all that much (As I've notice in my lvl 8 Ork Admiral fleet)

Obviously, anyone else can jump in on these questions/suggestions.

What do you think?

Thanks.

User avatar
Bludfist
Posts: 997
Joined: 14 March 2016, 22:46
Contact:

Re: Ork DethDeala Builds

Postby Bludfist » 20 May 2016, 00:41

FatMountain wrote:This is a solid post, mind if I ask a few questions?

1: Why do you say the +300% chance of crit damage on lock-on order for lances is the most worthless upgrade for lances? I only ask because I'm using this in my Chaos fleet. Is it not worth it?

2: For the 5th upgrade slot on the Ork BB, what about the following
A: Lotsa Thrusters (good synergy with Evil Sunz, helps a bit with the speed problem)
B: Lotsa Hull Plates (plays to ork strength of tons of hull points, gives you a little bit more room before you hit the 30% integrity mark for insubordination)
C: Really Big Gunz (I know you said not to use other weapon upgrades, but at 6K accuracy is 50% for orks. With 2 MK firing, or 4-6 HK firing from broadside, I'd say there's still a decent chance of a hit, and the alpha damage on those things is insane. It's worth getting even one or 2 more hits if you can't actually catch up to them, which happens often)

3: What about Stasis bomb in place of Taunt? I only say this because taunting a ship that has its engagement range set to 9k-12k will only make them continue to drift away from you, not helping all that much (As I've notice in my lvl 8 Ork Admiral fleet)

Obviously, anyone else can jump in on these questions/suggestions.

What do you think?

Thanks.


firstly 300% crit chance really isnt even that great on most chas ships bar arcahon really because chaos lances have such a low crit chance, the upgrade isnt even that goo on orks either becuase zzzaps are a single barrel slow firing lance

The 50% accuracy at 6k does not apply to heavy and mega kannonz only the gunz weapons, they were nerfed a while back and given an attribute called imprecise so at 3k kannonz have 50% accurcy and at 6k they have 0% accuracy so your shots "can" still hit a target at 6k but beucase heavy and meg kannonz fire so slow, misses will be more punishing, its not worth in my eyes

if you want to replace taunt, then might i suggest plasma bombs, when ever people fight orks they always try to kit them with stasis bombs, plasma bombs can destoy other bombs when they detonate so you can combat peoples attempts to kite you
Chaos walking into Aldorf be like
Spoiler : :
Image

Jaw Rippa
Posts: 30
Joined: 25 April 2016, 08:19
Contact:

Re: Ork DethDeala Builds

Postby Jaw Rippa » 20 May 2016, 06:07

What about deathdeala with double megakannon and grot launchers? Or even a full grot launcha carrier?(so it has torps). Then simply spam assault boats.

In the first case it does not even need to kite like usual carrier does, since doublemegakannnon will punish anything that gets too close. In the second variant it becomes ranged support, torps screens for cutting off escape routs while the rest of our fleet closes in. Even in this variant opponent will be carefull while getting close, since getting rammed by Deathdeala is painful.

I've yet to get deathdeala myself, so sorry if I made any mistakes. I got rammed by tractor deathdeala once though, so I have an idea of how hard it hits up close)

Bludfist wrote:The 50% accuracy at 6k does not apply to heavy and mega kannonz only the gunz weapons, they were nerfed a while back and given an attribute called imprecise so at 3k kannonz have 50% accurcy and at 6k they have 0% accuracy so your shots "can" still hit a target at 6k but beucase heavy and meg kannonz fire so slow, misses will be more punishing, its not worth in my eyes

if you want to replace taunt, then might i suggest plasma bombs, when ever people fight orks they always try to kit them with stasis bombs, plasma bombs can destoy other bombs when they detonate so you can combat peoples attempts to kite you

Wait, so range upgrade for mega kannonz is a noob trap? I'm fitting it on every vessel that uses it, since I thought it helps the fact that we are having hard times getting in range for shooting. It was the first upgrade on savage escorts


Return to “Ork Pirate Fleets”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests