Mega Cannon on ork ships

Wot is da best way to blow up gitz? DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA!
Pony

Re: Mega Cannon on ork ships

Postby Pony » 30 April 2016, 10:06

Their maximum range is 3k, 6k upgraded. But accuracy upgrade only works above 6k unfortunately.

Yep, and it's normal. A 12dps weapon, on a light cruiser, must not be too precise, anyway.

I dont boost range, cause shooting at 6k (1%) may make me lost a 3k (50%) shoot just a few seconds later.

Pile_O_Gunz

Postby Pile_O_Gunz » 01 May 2016, 13:42

Imperator5 wrote:
Pile_O_Gunz wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:

I take the range upgrade. Being able to hit 50% of the time between 3-6k is alot better than nothing :P

No, range is degrading. Its 100% at mythical 0k, 75% at 1,5k, 50% at 3k, 25% at 4,5k, and 0 at 6k.

If it was 50% al the way to 6k, yeah I would take the **** out of it too.

Hmm thanks for pointing that out. Doesn't look so worthwhile now will probably swap for something else.

Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Imperator5 » 01 May 2016, 14:17

Pile_O_Gunz wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:
Pile_O_Gunz wrote:
I take the range upgrade. Being able to hit 50% of the time between 3-6k is alot better than nothing :P

No, range is degrading. Its 100% at mythical 0k, 75% at 1,5k, 50% at 3k, 25% at 4,5k, and 0 at 6k.

If it was 50% al the way to 6k, yeah I would take the **** out of it too.

Hmm thanks for pointing that out. Doesn't look so worthwhile now will probably swap for something else.

Glad to help. I made the same mistake when I first saw Admirork Skumthug take sail and pillage for loot amonst the stars!
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

GaiusVolusenus

Postby GaiusVolusenus » 03 May 2016, 15:00

Lucifronsun wrote:
Bludfist wrote:Ok so just to confirm

Heavy gunz > lotsa gunz

By a large margin

Death deala x3 heavy gunz broadsides > double mega kannon?

Lopsided matchup, 3x heavy kannons is 3 points, double mega kannon is one.

A correct statement would be:

2x heavy 1x double mega kannon > 3x heavy kannons >>>>>> 3x zzaps

What about x3 heavy gun broadsides vs double mega kannon and x2 mega zzzaps?

See above.

Lastly so torp launcha out dps mega kannon? Based on how many regular torps hitting does it out dps? All torps or some?

Torps will never outdps the mega kannon, they may outburst it in a very unlikely situation (All torps hit at point blank) but otherwise, torps will always be inferior.

What about on the CL's? Mega or heavy gunz?

I tend toward Mega, but it really sucks when the enemy gets a lucky crit on your bow and takes out your only good dps weapon.

Lucifronsun

Postby Lucifronsun » 04 May 2016, 00:34

GaiusVolusenus wrote:What about on the CL's? Mega or heavy gunz?

I tend toward Mega, but it really sucks when the enemy gets a lucky crit on your bow and takes out your only good dps weapon.

Mega kannon is the best, on top of that it reduces the point cost of the ship. I usually don't take light cruisers though, I mostly use cruisers/battlecruisers and bring out the battleship when I fight orks and imperials. They don't have the problem of having only one useful weapon.

Da Spokkie

Postby Da Spokkie » 18 May 2016, 21:03

Mega Kannon is over-rated. Only thing I can say for it is the point cost reduction.

My entire fleet´s Bashas were equipped with them as ram-oriented Da Goffs and they seemed to work well, expect when I witnessed one of my ships waiting the Red Button cooldown while firing against Broadside of a Hellbringer it had rammed just earlier; It was losing the gunnery duel hands down from 3k distance!

That made me really think about it and detected the fault in my thinking; I had been comparing the gun against other gun, when I should have been comparing the firepower of Mega Kannon broadside against broadsides of opponents. How much damage I could have done against that broadside in 10-15 secs it took to reload Red Button, had I used torpedoes? More I have thought about it, more I believe that Mega Kannon is barely worth the point cost reduction it offers. So as soon as I have the renown, I will start re-designing my Bashing Bashas. I think side mounted heavies will work well with ram-ships since ram will more often than not end with opponent´s ship against my side in absolute 0-range.

Return to “Ork Pirate Fleets”