[Orks] - Blood Axe Nova Kannon explosion takes the WHOLE prow with it..? Why so?

Wot is da best way to blow up gitz? DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA!
User avatar
Bludfist
Posts: 997
Joined: 14 March 2016, 22:46
Contact:

Re: [Orks] - Blood Axe Nova Kannon explosion takes the WHOLE prow with it..? Why so?

Postby Bludfist » 28 April 2016, 00:45

At the end if the day we all want the same thing right guys?

Psy and wolf both think fielding 4-5 novas is super op and broke right? So obviously since y'all think it's op, it should be changed to something else

Kada, my self and pretty much everyone else feel that it's up and a waste to spec over the much more utility focused trakktors and gauge refill hence also feel that it should be changed espically with the inaccurate nature of novas atm even at 9 and 12k ;)


So see, we all want to see blood axe favor changed to something else
Chaos walking into Aldorf be like
Spoiler : :
Image

User avatar
Kadaeux
Posts: 517
Joined: 05 November 2015, 05:38
Location: NSW, Australia
Contact:

Re: [Orks] - Blood Axe Nova Kannon explosion takes the WHOLE prow with it..? Why so?

Postby Kadaeux » 28 April 2016, 00:48

Psymple wrote:No; simple math I understand quite well.

Although considering your continual ranting and raving that Nova Kannons are bad because they always explode you perhaps dont.

A Nova Kannon has a 100% chance to fire once.
It then may explode, 25% and thus a 75% chance to fire twice.
Of that 75% to fire twice it has another 75% (56% chance) to not explode and thus fire a 3rd time.
Of that 56% chance it has another 75% chance to not explode (42% chance) and tuhs fire a 4th time.
Of that 42% chance again... this simple maths getting boring yet? has a 75% chance (31% chance to fire a 5th time)

Thus you have a better chance of firing five times than it blowing up after the first shot.


Apparently you don't. It has a 1 in 4 chance of exploding every time. The % doesn't change, ever. Its not a law of averages. The odds are that, on average, it will blow up 25% of the time every time. I have never, EVER, on any build, seen a Nova Kannon fire more than 3 times.

You don't have a "Better chance of firing 5 times than it blowing up on the first shot." The fact you believe you do is flat out delusional.

Psymple wrote:Presuming you are using 9k or 12k pulsars, yes, nova shots are actually pretty accurate at 9-12k.
It also forces you to stop using said pulsars before doing your whole shot or tank a nova shot to the face.


Nova Kannons are not accurate at any range. The fact you think it's "Pretty accurate at 9-12k" is proof positive you're lying through your teeth. It USED to be.

User avatar
Kadaeux
Posts: 517
Joined: 05 November 2015, 05:38
Location: NSW, Australia
Contact:

Re: [Orks] - Blood Axe Nova Kannon explosion takes the WHOLE prow with it..? Why so?

Postby Kadaeux » 28 April 2016, 00:48

Bludfist wrote:At the end if the day we all want the same thing right guys?

Psy and wolf both think fielding 4-5 novas is super op and broke right? So obviously since y'all think it's op, it should be changed to something else

Kada, my self and pretty much everyone else feel that it's up and a waste to spec over the much more utility focused trakktors and gauge refill hence also feel that it should be changed espically with the inaccurate nature of novas atm even at 9 and 12k ;)


So see, we all want to see blood axe favor changed to something else


I want to see it changed to Dethskull Lootas with Bombardment Cannon.

RwWolf
Posts: 55
Joined: 04 April 2016, 16:41
Contact:

Re: [Orks] - Blood Axe Nova Kannon explosion takes the WHOLE prow with it..? Why so?

Postby RwWolf » 28 April 2016, 00:52

Kadaeux wrote:Nova Kannons are not accurate at any range. The fact you think it's "Pretty accurate at 9-12k" is proof positive you're lying through your teeth. It USED to be.

The range definitely has accuracy modifiers because 90% of the shot inside around 9K is a direct hit.

User avatar
Kadaeux
Posts: 517
Joined: 05 November 2015, 05:38
Location: NSW, Australia
Contact:

Re: [Orks] - Blood Axe Nova Kannon explosion takes the WHOLE prow with it..? Why so?

Postby Kadaeux » 28 April 2016, 00:54

RwWolf wrote:The range definitely has accuracy modifiers because 90% of the shot inside around 9K is a direct hit.


Again, BS. Even at minimum range you're lucky to land shots within 3'000 of where you expected to.

Psymple
Posts: 50
Joined: 24 April 2016, 22:39
Contact:

Re: [Orks] - Blood Axe Nova Kannon explosion takes the WHOLE prow with it..? Why so?

Postby Psymple » 28 April 2016, 01:00

Kadaeux wrote:Apparently you don't. It has a 1 in 4 chance of exploding every time. The % doesn't change, ever. Its not a law of averages. The odds are that, on average, it will blow up 25% of the time every time. I have never, EVER, on any build, seen a Nova Kannon fire more than 3 times.

You don't have a "Better chance of firing 5 times than it blowing up on the first shot." The fact you believe you do is flat out delusional.

Nova Kannons are not accurate at any range. The fact you think it's "Pretty accurate at 9-12k" is proof positive you're lying through your teeth. It USED to be.


Actually you do; but if you want to argue with the laws of probability you have bigger problems than I am capable of convincing you of.
Your argument is abusurd, you are literally ignoring simple maths and just repeating 25% over and over again asthough it is 99% when its actually very unlikely.

And yes, novas are pretty accurate at 12 ranger, you will almost always hit for 100 dmg.

Kadaeux wrote:
RwWolf wrote:The range definitely has accuracy modifiers because 90% of the shot inside around 9K is a direct hit.


Again, BS. Even at minimum range you're lucky to land shots within 3'000 of where you expected to.


Lolz, let me guess they have a 25% to scatter 12k range also?
And by 25% you mean they ALWAYS scatter 12K?

I actually think 3k is the MAXIMUM scatter...
And I very very rarely see it.
Last edited by Psymple on 28 April 2016, 01:06, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Kadaeux
Posts: 517
Joined: 05 November 2015, 05:38
Location: NSW, Australia
Contact:

Re: [Orks] - Blood Axe Nova Kannon explosion takes the WHOLE prow with it..? Why so?

Postby Kadaeux » 28 April 2016, 01:03

Psymple wrote:Actually you do; but if you want to argue with the laws of probability you have bigger problems than I am capable of convincing you of.


No, you don't. And anybody who has played the game knows better than your idiocy.

Your argument is abusurd, you are literally ignoring emperical data and just repeating 25% over and over again asthough it is 99% when its actually very unlikely.


No, i'm not ignoring "emperical data" try spelling it right next time. Since all actual demonstrations prove you wrong. You can masturbate to numbers all you like.

And yes, novas are pretty accurate at 12 ranger, you will almost always hit for 100 dmg.


Bullshit. They're not accurate at any range.

Kadaeux wrote:Lolz, let me guess they have a 25% to scatter 12k range also?
And by 25% you mean they ALWAYS scatter 12K?


No, they've got a near 100% chance to scatter. I must say, you and Rwolf are doing an excellent job of disproving your claims you play this build, because anybody who has ever done it knows you're full of shit.

Psymple
Posts: 50
Joined: 24 April 2016, 22:39
Contact:

Re: [Orks] - Blood Axe Nova Kannon explosion takes the WHOLE prow with it..? Why so?

Postby Psymple » 28 April 2016, 01:14

Kadaeux wrote:No, i'm not ignoring "emperical data" try spelling it right next time. Since all actual demonstrations prove you wrong. You can masturbate to numbers all you like.


You behave in a very childish manner and apparently are incapable of grasping probabilities beyond a single instance.
Are you sure you are following the forum rules? I believe you have to be atleast 12 to be on these forums.

Kadaeux wrote:No, they've got a near 100% chance to scatter.


Are you sure, I don't think there is anything more likely that 25%
So... its 100% chance to scatter 3k?
And 25% to scatter 12k right?

User avatar
Kadaeux
Posts: 517
Joined: 05 November 2015, 05:38
Location: NSW, Australia
Contact:

Re: [Orks] - Blood Axe Nova Kannon explosion takes the WHOLE prow with it..? Why so?

Postby Kadaeux » 28 April 2016, 01:24

Psymple wrote:You behave in a very childish manner and apparently are incapable of grasping probabilities beyond a single instance.
Are you sure you are following the forum rules? I believe you have to be atleast 12 to be on these forums.


I seem more able to grasp them then you. You rant about your numbers while people point out that experience proves it absolutely incorrect.

Are you sure, I don't think there is anything more likely that 25%
So... its 100% chance to scatter 3k?
And 25% to scatter 12k right?


I know it for a fact. It has never, in hundreds of games, hit where it was told to hit after the nerfs to its accuracy. 99% of the time scattering well away from the intended point requiring literal saturation spam of a single point to score even a glancing hit.

But no, we're expected to instead believe the only person in this thread and his friend giving bullshit advice that is easily proven false by anyone who has ever actually played the game.

Either
A: You're a habitual liar.
B: You're both so lucky you should be buying lottery tickets, not playing games or
C: One of the people hacking their game.

Though A and C are both plenty likely.

Grimbo Bagginz
Posts: 2
Joined: 27 April 2016, 22:08
Contact:

Re: [Orks] - Blood Axe Nova Kannon explosion takes the WHOLE prow with it..? Why so?

Postby Grimbo Bagginz » 28 April 2016, 02:00

I know this is the ork forum but chill down the WAAAGH in here. It is effective if spammed and is also gives you something to do while you chase down the enemy. The damage is there man. 4 light kroozers with novas can outtank a pulsar alpha and just fire as the elder turn around. It wrecks them even when it doesn't even get close. Not to mention you taunting, and induction cell ramming into them like the ork that you are. That + 4 novas at once while they run just cripple them even more. And if you are so worried about your prow slap big guns on them + boarding torps, now your main source of damage is not gone when they blow. It also just feels amazing man to pull off like 15 novas in a game xD


Return to “Ork Pirate Fleets”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 30 guests

cron