lotsa gunz vs lots of heavy kannonz

Wot is da best way to blow up gitz? DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA!
Arctourus

lotsa gunz vs lots of heavy kannonz

Postby Arctourus » 19 September 2016, 14:50

I've always thought the kannonz were better, but asking to see other people's opinions. Maybe I just haven't tested thoroughly.

Also, I've seen it presented several ways, so I'm still not clear on damage. Lotsa gunz for instance...if it says four guns (therefore four attacks), one damage and two second reload, is that one damage per gun or one damage total for all four? Basically, one point every two seconds or four points every two seconds?

Sagranda

Re: lotsa gunz vs lots of heavy kannonz

Postby Sagranda » 19 September 2016, 19:42

Gunz are only really better with the upgrade and during Lock On.
Outside of that...well...if you are lucky they can be better. If you aren't I would say that they are worse and it's hard to be worse than Kannonz

It is one damage per shot/attack
So 4 shots = 4 damage
I play Orkz to collect all those salty Imperial tears
#FeelsWaaaghBoss

Ashardalon

Postby Ashardalon » 19 September 2016, 21:14

they are pretty good at preventing your enemy's voids from regenning after a kannon took it out but then needed forever to reload
high fire rate, also the damage is more between 2 and 6 with gunz variation and all that
the only weapon i see as worthwhile for orks is their ship, best torpedoe ever, with a little bit of homing :D

Arctourus

Postby Arctourus » 21 September 2016, 14:06

Thanks! I was never sure if the damage was a total for a full broadside or needed multiplied by the number of attacks.

I have noticed that the lotsa gunz seems to eat through shields pretty quick, but appears to do nothing to armor. I guess on some of the larger ships having a combination of both could be beneficial.

Personally, I think that lotsa gunz should shoot nonstop, but nobody listens to me.

Ashardalon

Postby Ashardalon » 21 September 2016, 16:20

its the space equivalent of non stop, sure the front facing one has a minigun-like design, but its skyscraper-sized, it takes some time to rotate those barrels
only other rapid fire gun in the game now is the eldar starcannon and im pretty sure it also has a cooldown of 2sec
and im pretty sure the buff orks get from their upgrade is better than the eldar equivalent
although i still dont see that weapon as worth upgrading

Bludfist

Postby Bludfist » 23 September 2016, 01:07

Sagranda wrote:Gunz are only really better with the upgrade and during Lock On.
Outside of that...well...if you are lucky they can be better. If you aren't I would say that they are worse and it's hard to be worse than Kannonz

It is one damage per shot/attack
So 4 shots = 4 damage

Until some one crits your deck....then suddenly you've got a ship with sub par inconsistent weapons AND a wasted upgrade slot

and that not even taking about the fact that you need to use special orders and perhaps even the duration upgrade

even then im fairly sure we established a long time ago that lots gunz even wtiht eh upgrade only does 3/4 the dps of kannonz? and the devs made some remark ago that the tool tip of gunz is wrong and its 6-12 not 4-8 shots or something atm which is halarious considering the devs said the tool tip was wrong before and that it was 4-8 not 1-4
Chaos walking into Aldorf be like
Spoiler : :

Return to “Ork Pirate Fleets”