Blood Axes Favour,need clarification

Wot is da best way to blow up gitz? DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA!
Scatamarano

Blood Axes Favour,need clarification

Postby Scatamarano » 30 June 2016, 14:50

I'm extremely torn on how to favour my fleet. I made a full dakka fleet with as many weapons as humanly possible,so gunz all over the place,mega kannons instead of torpedoes,weirdboy tower with one point in weirdboy crew member and now i feel the final step to reach maximun dakka would be a massive nova kannon on the prow of every single ship BUT. But. I read somewhere that when it explodes it brings the Whole damned prow down with him,so it would take:

-1 mega kannon on a basha
-1 mega kannon 1 prow gunz on a terror
-1 mega kannon 2 prow gunz on a hammer
-1 double mega kannon and i can't even remember what on the deathdeala!

Because of this i need answers to some questions: is it true? Or maybe it has been fixed so only the kannon blows up (that would make a hell of a lot of sense)? Is the weirdboy tower considered prow affiliated? Where does the "prow" section of the ships end?

Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Re: Blood Axes Favour,need clarification

Postby Imperator5 » 30 June 2016, 20:37

Weirdboy tower I think is dorsal.

But apparently this is a bad design choice that affects SM and Orks but not eldar.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

Psymple

Postby Psymple » 02 July 2016, 15:58

Weirdboy is DECK.

Get the Upgrade that ignores the first critical and your Nova Kannons will be less likely to blow up.
I did the maths a while ago in a different thread but basically your Nova Kannon (without the upgrade) has a better chance of firing 6-7 shots than it is to blow up on the first shot. Getting the upgrade ensures ATLEAST 2 shots and increases the number above to 7-8.

I used to spam Nova Kannons on every ship; since the point decrease torpedoes are accessible to orks now so I only have my Nova Kannons on 2 light cruisers with ordinance bays for fighters (to block torpedoes and other ordinance).

Scatamarano

Postby Scatamarano » 05 July 2016, 21:46

Thanks both,in the end i went blood axes on everything but the BC's and the Deathdeala,so i can have shooty and reliable big ships (the ones with 2 or more prow gunz) and mass nova's thanks to cruisers and light cruisers extremely low point cost. It works really well,i acually beat a zzap orks fleet by using 3 terror and 4 basha,their static (and boring and camping and cheesy) gamestyle works really well when you have to focus target ome ship in particular using 7 nova cannons!

Crnyo

Postby Crnyo » 07 July 2016, 17:50

Nice!
Weirdboyz iz the new WAAAGH

Return to “Ork Pirate Fleets”