Mass insubordination. Bug or Bad luck ?

Wot is da best way to blow up gitz? DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA!
Kine²

Mass insubordination. Bug or Bad luck ?

Postby Kine² » 06 April 2016, 23:53

Had 3 full fleet warp outs in yesterday's session. Same thing today in 2 consecutive matches in a row although second one was by the opponent.

How does it work ? How common is this or is it a possible bug ?
no victory without war New Game Mode Suggestion

Pile_O_Gunz

Re: Mass insubordination. Bug or Bad luck ?

Postby Pile_O_Gunz » 07 April 2016, 00:20

Basically 1 ships panics and he warps this causes a moral cascade so all the others do as well.
It's very common with orks due to their bad moral not so much the other races.

It is intentional . You can invest in the squigs skill that lets you execute the captain to stop him warping out,
Unfortunately due to a bug this will render your ship useless 90% of the time anyway so it's pretty much a wasted skill.

So yea you just got to accept with Orks that sometimes your entire fleet will run away in battle even if your winning by a large margin.

Deca

Postby Deca » 07 April 2016, 00:30

Kine² wrote:

Had 3 full fleet warp outs in yesterday's session. Same thing today in 2 consecutive matches in a row although second one was by the opponent.

Had that happened to me just last night
Was playing on Space Station Assault
Killed the other players' entire fleet (sometimes I prefer to go after the other fleet, just for fun)
He said GG
I said that it was not over
I said my entire fleet (all were alive 700 SP) might become insubordinate without a trace of sarcasm
I started to move towards his Space Station
Then as if I had spoke prophesy, 1 by 1 they all immediately start to warp out.
He said, "Oh Shit!"
I said GG
we both had a laugh
I went and made another bloody mary
Mission Feedback & Suggestions
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=796

"A corpse for the Corpse God!"

"Innocence proves nothing"

"Show me a fortress and I'll show you a ruin"

HERO

Postby HERO » 07 April 2016, 00:54

Deca wrote:
Kine² wrote:

Had that happened to me just last night
Was playing on Space Station Assault
Killed the other players' entire fleet (sometimes I prefer to go after the other fleet, just for fun)
He said GG
I said that it was not over
I said my entire fleet (all were alive 700 SP) might become insubordinate without a trace of sarcasm
I started to move towards his Space Station
Then as if I had spoke prophesy, 1 by 1 they all immediately start to warp out.
He said, "Oh Shit!"
I said GG
we both had a laugh
I went and made another bloody mary

10/10
would read again

Kine²

Postby Kine² » 07 April 2016, 01:09

Pile_O_Gunz wrote:Basically 1 ships panics and he warps this causes a moral cascade so all the others do as well.

It is intentional . You can invest in the squigs skill that lets you execute the captain to stop him warping out,
Unfortunately due to a bug this will render your ship useless 90% of the time anyway so it's pretty much a wasted skill.

So yea you just got to accept with Orks that sometimes your entire fleet will run away in battle even if your winning by a large margin.

I'm playing Imperial Navy atm and it isn't a cascade where they warp one after the other. They all do at the same time. Atleast that's what it looked like.

If it's intentional ... damn it happens wayyy too often.

Colcut

Postby Colcut » 07 April 2016, 01:18

Orkz mass insubordination in hilarious. If you do not take squiggles its your own fault. I had a game where i had 1 ship left, he had 6 and they all warped out, and i won.

You can clearly see the rates in the hangar, bad luck.

Slywyn

Postby Slywyn » 07 April 2016, 02:56

Kine² wrote:
Pile_O_Gunz wrote:Basically 1 ships panics and he warps this causes a moral cascade so all the others do as well.

I'm playing Imperial Navy atm and it isn't a cascade where they warp one after the other. They all do at the same time. Atleast that's what it looked like.

If it's intentional ... damn it happens wayyy too often.

What I believe is happening is that the calculation of "Should I run or not" happens instantaneously, meaning as soon as one captain decides to run they can all decide to run, and each additional captain that decides to run is another 'check' that the other captains have to pass, and if they all happen in an instant it can look like they all decided to leave at the same moment.

Bludfist

Postby Bludfist » 07 April 2016, 03:08

#JustOrkThings

Colcut wrote: If you do not take squiggles its your own fault. I had a game where i had 1 ship left, he had 6 and they all warped out, and i won.

You can clearly see the rates in the hangar, bad luck.

i get what your saying but should there everybe any ugrades that you HAVE TO HAVE?

that sounds like bad game design to me
Chaos walking into Aldorf be like
Spoiler : :

Slywyn

Postby Slywyn » 07 April 2016, 03:23

They are currently having that discussion in another thread, actually. The speed upgrade appears to be mandatory on most ships.

Kine²

Postby Kine² » 07 April 2016, 07:20

Stasis and Plasma is mandatory. Speed improves the effectiveness of those 2. Engine crits game changing. Ships are too tanky overall where the initial clash is rarely decisive so you end up needing to control space more than necessary for the game to play well.

If things died when people make navigational errors (or conversely, good moves depending on perspective) there'd be less chasing or running and area control needed.

That odd thread about speed being mandatory or about doing away with them is merely a symptomatic response. You can fit everything with speed and your opponents can go without. But if you fail at area control and or placement, speed upgrade does nothing for you. Root cause is the protracted fights in BFGA. You need to engage and re-engage and re-engage and so on that makes these things overly important.

I guess that's why very few people; if at all, complain about their captain's premature evacuation. Things develop so slowly, seeing a ship leave the battle illogically is sometimes a relief. But warping out en-mass is just weird.

Several high level captains giving up because a single level 1 light cruiser captain got blown up is weird.

Return to “Ork Pirate Fleets”