Traktor Beam Spam

Wot is da best way to blow up gitz? DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA!
Jether

Re: Traktor Beam Spam

Postby Jether » 07 April 2016, 18:04

HERO wrote:
Jether wrote:
Pile_O_Gunz wrote:I might try imps out tonight see if they really are good for nothing rather than well-rounded.
I don't believe that theirs a balance prob with Orks vs chaos though. Unless you mean low lvl orks are underpowered vs low lvl chaos.
If so then buff them don't nerf all the fun skills.

Try every faction. Makes the game more fun lol

Honestly, part of me wants to accept the concept of how this game would be different if every faction had unique skills that benefited their own race.

I know that there is already some differentiation, but let's for just one moment, entertain that WMJ was only an Imperial tool and that Orkz, Chaos or Eldar simply didn't have it. How different would this entire thread be?

Oh how i wish upgrades and skills where unique to factions. The devs would have to redesign stuff though in order to do it. And with the game so close to release idk if something that big can be done.
Emperors Elite Testing Team

Bludfist

Postby Bludfist » 07 April 2016, 18:06

HERO wrote:
Honestly, part of me wants to accept the concept of how this game would be different if every faction had unique skills that benefited their own race.

I know that there is already some differentiation, but let's for just one moment, entertain that WMJ was only an Imperial tool and that Orkz, Chaos or Eldar simply didn't have it. How different would this entire thread be?

i defiantly agree with you that their should be faction specfic skill and upgrades and i like the idea of MWJ being IN only

would be balanced too since its not over the top mobility in their hands nor does it essentially remove any faction specfic weaknesses

would be a buff to mass torps screens too
Chaos walking into Aldorf be like
Spoiler : :

clench

Postby clench » 07 April 2016, 18:09

HERO wrote:
Jether wrote:
Pile_O_Gunz wrote:I might try imps out tonight see if they really are good for nothing rather than well-rounded.
I don't believe that theirs a balance prob with Orks vs chaos though. Unless you mean low lvl orks are underpowered vs low lvl chaos.
If so then buff them don't nerf all the fun skills.

Try every faction. Makes the game more fun lol

Well I think Orks just shouldn't have MWJ. Adding +5000-7500 range to Ork ships is really brutal not even counting the MWJ ability to reorient the ship almost instantly. They could live with just taunt, double BRB, stasis, and traktor beam.

Chaos/IN fleets are basically based off the same technology. Eldar are more advanced.

I wouldn't mind seeing taunt removed entirely from all factions and replaced with a short slow or stun.

Jether

Postby Jether » 07 April 2016, 18:11

Bludfist wrote:
HERO wrote:

i defiantly agree with you that their should be faction specfic skill and upgrades and i like the idea of MWJ being IN only

would be balanced too since its not over the top mobility in their hands nor does it essentially remove any faction specfic weaknesses

would be a buff to mass torps screens too

Orks get better torps then Imps, they get Imps nova cannon, They get imps brawling ability but better, and they get the imps speed. Imps have evasive maneuvers and better accuracy at the cost of worse damage. Its kinda hard to believe these are the ships that where used on the crusades.

HERO

Postby HERO » 07 April 2016, 18:14

I just don't think this would be nearly as much of an issue if WMJ wasn't in every faction's hands.

It just extrapolates some of the balance issues we see currently:
> Chaos kiting being super strong, and WMJ just makes them stronger in that regard. A good Chaos simply cannot be caught, or caught very rarely.
> IN being weaker than the others. Think about why for a second: It's the fact that every faction's strengths are elevated with WMJ, which is clearly Imperial tech.
> Orkz actually have amazing threat range, double ram options, re-position + traktors
> and Eldar, well, I'll tell you one thing's for damn sure, why make a slippery race more slippery? This is going to be the #1 skill for the Eldar most likely, since it basically does what I want from Vaul's Maneuver (180 turn), but better.

Jether

Postby Jether » 07 April 2016, 18:16

HERO wrote:I just don't think this would be nearly as much of an issue if WMJ wasn't in every faction's hands.

> Chaos kiting being super strong.
> IN being weaker than the others.
> Orkz actually have amazing threat range, double ram options, reposition + traktors
> and Eldar, well, I'll tell you one thing's for damn sure, why make a slippery race more slippery? This is going to be the #1 skill for the Eldar most likely. That, or that neat little skill I saw that allowed them to make an instant 180 turn (most likely both on all CA+ level ships).

With eldars mastery of the webways i think them having the mwj is the only faction that makes sense. In the rts adaptations eldar had the ability to teleport all around and even their tanks could teleport. I dont think the imperium has the tech.

Pile_O_Gunz

Postby Pile_O_Gunz » 07 April 2016, 18:18

clench wrote:
HERO wrote:
Jether wrote:Try every faction. Makes the game more fun lol

Well I think Orks just shouldn't have MWJ. Adding +5000-7500 range to Ork ships is really brutal not even counting the MWJ ability to reorient the ship almost instantly. They could live with just taunt, double BRB, stasis, and traktor beam.

Chaos/IN fleets are basically based off the same technology. Eldar are more advanced.

I wouldn't mind seeing taunt removed entirely from all factions and replaced with a short slow or stun.

Mwj is probably the most important skill for Orks it would be a monumental nerf to them Ork battleship for example would be completely useless the thing is practically a turret you need to warp around its so slow.

HERO

Postby HERO » 07 April 2016, 18:19

Jether wrote:
HERO wrote:I just don't think this would be nearly as much of an issue if WMJ wasn't in every faction's hands.

> Orkz actually have amazing threat range, double ram options, reposition + traktors
> and Eldar, well, I'll tell you one thing's for damn sure, why make a slippery race more slippery? This is going to be the #1 skill for the Eldar most likely. That, or that neat little skill I saw that allowed them to make an instant 180 turn (most likely both on all CA+ level ships).

With eldars mastery of the webways i think them having the mwj is the only faction that makes sense. In the rts adaptations eldar had the ability to teleport all around and even their tanks could teleport. I dont think the imperium has the tech.

Webways were static, or built into massive structures or vehicles that can support them. There are entryways, and exits, just like a door, so like a Stormweaver can summon warriors through the Webway, but the other end was coming from the Dragonship that was in orbit.

The only other support of non-webway usage, and that was short shunts through the warp, is in the form of Warp Spiders. No Eldar, regardless of Dark, CW or Corsair, will sanction the technology to warp shunt an entire capital ship filled with hundreds of Eldar lives through the Warp. This is canon.

Jether

Postby Jether » 07 April 2016, 18:22

HERO wrote:
Jether wrote:

Webways were static, or built into massive structures or vehicles that can support them. There are entryways, and exits, just like a door, so like a Stormweaver can summon warriors through the Webway, but the other end was coming from the Dragonship that was in orbit.

The only other support of non-webway usage, and that was short shunts through the warp, is in the form of Warp Spiders. No Eldar, regardless of Dark, CW or Corsair, will sanction the technology to warp shunt an entire capital ship filled with hundreds of Eldar lives through the Warp. This is canon.

The falcon grav tanks could as well if i remember.

HERO

Postby HERO » 07 April 2016, 18:46

Jether wrote:
HERO wrote:
Jether wrote:With eldars mastery of the webways i think them having the mwj is the only faction that makes sense. In the rts adaptations eldar had the ability to teleport all around and even their tanks could teleport. I dont think the imperium has the tech.

The falcon grav tanks could as well if i remember.

Nah, they just descended in low orbit. It was first seen in their Cloudstrike formation from Apoc way back in 4th where they essentially deep-struck onto the battlefield.

Return to “Ork Pirate Fleets”