Traktor Beam Spam

Wot is da best way to blow up gitz? DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA!
clench

Re: Traktor Beam Spam

Postby clench » 07 April 2016, 22:04

Pile_O_Gunz wrote:
clench wrote:I think a lot of players like to win easily so they're defending Orks to the bitter end to maintain their keyboard faceroll gameplay.

clench wrote:Well I think Orks just shouldn't have MWJ. Adding +5000-7500 range to Ork ships is really brutal not even counting the MWJ ability to reorient the ship almost instantly. They could live with just taunt, double BRB, stasis, and traktor beam.

Chaos/IN fleets are basically based off the same technology. Eldar are more advanced.

I wouldn't mind seeing taunt removed entirely from all factions and replaced with a short slow or stun.

You just want an easier time vs Orks and will nerf anything you can to facilitate it thats why your list of problem skills was so large I mean sensors seriously ? remove MWJ for Orks completely ? Nobody can take that seriously you just want a nerf to Orks and don't give a damn about balance .

For the thousandth time, I play all the factions. Orks are too easy currently and something needs to change.

I'm just brain storming and I'm not emotionally attached to any particular faction.

I play chaos the most and have had the most success with them, but the state of Ork vs IN is not fair for the Ork or IN player.

HERO

Postby HERO » 07 April 2016, 22:16

Pile_O_Gunz wrote:
clench wrote:I think a lot of players like to win easily so they're defending Orks to the bitter end to maintain their keyboard faceroll gameplay.

clench wrote:Well I think Orks just shouldn't have MWJ. Adding +5000-7500 range to Ork ships is really brutal not even counting the MWJ ability to reorient the ship almost instantly. They could live with just taunt, double BRB, stasis, and traktor beam.

Chaos/IN fleets are basically based off the same technology. Eldar are more advanced.

I wouldn't mind seeing taunt removed entirely from all factions and replaced with a short slow or stun.

You just want an easier time vs Orks and will nerf anything you can to facilitate it thats why your list of problem skills was so large I mean sensors seriously ? remove MWJ for Orks completely ? Nobody can take that seriously you just want a nerf to Orks and don't give a damn about balance .

I'll say this again:
IF you need WMJ, an ability, skill, or anything for a faction to compete at all, then something is seriously wrong.

Bludfist

Postby Bludfist » 08 April 2016, 00:05

HERO wrote:
I'll say this again:
IF you need WMJ, an ability, skill, or anything for a faction to compete at all, then something is seriously wrong.

If you ABSOLUTELY, ALWAYS, MUST HAVE, NEED, something that does not come whit your base faction such as MWJ, or +50 speed etc, then that is almost certianlly indicative of a flaw in design
Chaos walking into Aldorf be like
Spoiler : :

HERO

Postby HERO » 08 April 2016, 04:05

The current Orkz in a nutshell:
https://www.twitch.tv/khorneschampion/v/59225715

Takes a lot of skill to play :lol: I can literally play this fleet with one hand. Maybe less since I have Tac Cog.

I personally asked KC to break up this video so I can post it here on this thread, so big kuddos to him.

Pile_O_Gunz

Postby Pile_O_Gunz » 08 April 2016, 13:01

Played a ton of games as a new Imp Cmdr last night they are fun probably had a higher win rate than Orks ! they don't seem to be screwed as badly by certain mission types. Will need to play a few high lvl games before making conclusions though. Anyway if Orks turn crap I found my new race! Gave chaos a brief go but I don't like the cowardly tactics and paper ships and it certainly won't be elder.

Bludfist

Postby Bludfist » 08 April 2016, 13:10

when we do balance discussions of factions i feel it needs to be done from the perspective of cruiser clash only, every other game mode is more or less flawed by it being biased towards certain factions
Chaos walking into Aldorf be like
Spoiler : :

clench

Postby clench » 08 April 2016, 13:30

Pile_O_Gunz wrote:Played a ton of games as a new Imp Cmdr last night they are fun probably had a higher win rate than Orks ! they don't seem to be screwed as badly by certain mission types. Will need to play a few high lvl games before making conclusions though. Anyway if Orks turn crap I found my new race! Gave chaos a brief go but I don't like the cowardly tactics and paper ships and it certainly won't be elder.

Low level play really isn't a good baseline for balance.

Beating Orks at low level is much easier since they're not stacking skills and favors.

IN is very good admiral lvl1-4, 5+ they start getting plastered and that's where you're going to be spending most of the time playing.

Jether

Postby Jether » 08 April 2016, 13:33

Orks should be the only ones with taunt in order to make up for their lack of everything mobility wise. Also it fits with their style. Orks piss off all the races
Emperors Elite Testing Team

Sagranda

Postby Sagranda » 08 April 2016, 13:37

HERO wrote:The current Orkz in a nutshell:
https://www.twitch.tv/khorneschampion/v/59225715

Takes a lot of skill to play :lol: I can literally play this fleet with one hand. Maybe less since I have Tac Cog.

I personally asked KC to break up this video so I can post it here on this thread, so big kuddos to him.

Next challenge: Play only with your nose!
just kidding

But that was painful to watch
I play Orkz to collect all those salty Imperial tears
#FeelsWaaaghBoss

Jether

Postby Jether » 08 April 2016, 13:54

HERO wrote:
Jether wrote:
HERO wrote:
Nah, they just descended in low orbit. It was first seen in their Cloudstrike formation from Apoc way back in 4th where they essentially deep-struck onto the battlefield.

The Rts adaption DoW1 lets nearly all the eldar squads and vehichles teleport so. But dif games

Wait what? I'm not sure what you're talking about. What ability was this?

Have you ever played Dawn of war 1? If you have it just start up a skirmish with you as eldar and they all have the ability its on the bottom right of their troop window. Looks like a blue arrow.
Emperors Elite Testing Team

Return to “Ork Pirate Fleets”