Traktor Beam Spam

Wot is da best way to blow up gitz? DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA!
User avatar
Sagranda
Posts: 790
Joined: 19 March 2016, 12:34
Contact:

Re: Traktor Beam Spam

Postby Sagranda » 08 April 2016, 14:11

I am pretty sure that they had a "regular" jump ability, but not a teleport
I play Orkz to collect all those salty Imperial tears
#FeelsWaaaghBoss

User avatar
Jether
Posts: 156
Joined: 01 April 2016, 18:06
Contact:

Re: Traktor Beam Spam

Postby Jether » 08 April 2016, 14:31

Sagranda wrote:I am pretty sure that they had a "regular" jump ability, but not a teleport

It works the same way. And the fx made it look like one.
Emperors Elite Testing Team

User avatar
Sagranda
Posts: 790
Joined: 19 March 2016, 12:34
Contact:

Re: Traktor Beam Spam

Postby Sagranda » 08 April 2016, 14:51

Jether wrote:
Sagranda wrote:I am pretty sure that they had a "regular" jump ability, but not a teleport

It works the same way. And the fx made it look like one.


different concept/technology though if I use anti-grav technology "on ground" to jump over obstacles, or if I teleport from point a to point b
I play Orkz to collect all those salty Imperial tears
#FeelsWaaaghBoss

User avatar
HERO
Posts: 888
Joined: 27 October 2015, 04:09

Re: Traktor Beam Spam

Postby HERO » 08 April 2016, 16:11

Jether wrote:
HERO wrote:
Jether wrote:The Rts adaption DoW1 lets nearly all the eldar squads and vehichles teleport so. But dif games


Wait what? I'm not sure what you're talking about. What ability was this?

Have you ever played Dawn of war 1? If you have it just start up a skirmish with you as eldar and they all have the ability its on the bottom right of their troop window. Looks like a blue arrow.


lol :lol:

Apparently jumping with anti-gravs to you is the same as jumping through the warp.

User avatar
clench
Posts: 210
Joined: 20 March 2016, 14:50
Contact:

Re: Traktor Beam Spam

Postby clench » 08 April 2016, 16:54

Jether wrote:Orks should be the only ones with taunt in order to make up for their lack of everything mobility wise. Also it fits with their style. Orks piss off all the races



Orks have plenty of mobility. They have the same speed as IN, they can get induction coils to BRB twice in a row, then can MWJ 7500 units with mork sensors, they can also use the traktor beam favor to improve BRB as well as other upgrades that improve fuel efficiency. The traktor beam itself also improves their range by pulling ships to them from 7500 units away.

They are every bit as mobile as the IN, and even better than IN with their favor. The only thing they lack is turning speed.

For Ork you only need armor piercing buff and squiggs, and even those are optional. All of their skills and upgrades can and should be used in mobility upgrades/improvements.

Toranth
Posts: 17
Joined: 02 April 2016, 15:37
Contact:

Re: Traktor Beam Spam

Postby Toranth » 08 April 2016, 17:06

clench wrote:
Jether wrote:Orks should be the only ones with taunt in order to make up for their lack of everything mobility wise. Also it fits with their style. Orks piss off all the races

Orks have plenty of mobility. They have the same speed as IN, they can get induction coils to BRB twice in a row, then can MWJ 7500 units with mork sensors, they can also use the traktor beam favor to improve BRB as well as other upgrades that improve fuel efficiency. The traktor beam itself also improves their range by pulling ships to them from 7500 units away.

They are every bit as mobile as the IN, and even better than IN with their favor. The only thing they lack is turning speed.

For Ork you only need armor piercing buff and squiggs, and even those are optional. All of their skills and upgrades can and should be used in mobility upgrades/improvements.

The Traktor Beam is the ONLY thing that Orks have that the Imperials don't.
On the other hand, Imperials have an All Ahead Full that can be started and stopped at any time, plus the High Energy Turn.

Those are not minor differences. They just seem that way, because they are currently overshadowed by MWJ, as it gives instant distance AND turning. However, in general the Imperials are noticeably more maneuverable than the Orks.

User avatar
clench
Posts: 210
Joined: 20 March 2016, 14:50
Contact:

Re: Traktor Beam Spam

Postby clench » 08 April 2016, 17:54

Toranth wrote:
clench wrote:
Jether wrote:Orks should be the only ones with taunt in order to make up for their lack of everything mobility wise. Also it fits with their style. Orks piss off all the races

Orks have plenty of mobility. They have the same speed as IN, they can get induction coils to BRB twice in a row, then can MWJ 7500 units with mork sensors, they can also use the traktor beam favor to improve BRB as well as other upgrades that improve fuel efficiency. The traktor beam itself also improves their range by pulling ships to them from 7500 units away.

They are every bit as mobile as the IN, and even better than IN with their favor. The only thing they lack is turning speed.

For Ork you only need armor piercing buff and squiggs, and even those are optional. All of their skills and upgrades can and should be used in mobility upgrades/improvements.

The Traktor Beam is the ONLY thing that Orks have that the Imperials don't.
On the other hand, Imperials have an All Ahead Full that can be started and stopped at any time, plus the High Energy Turn.

Those are not minor differences. They just seem that way, because they are currently overshadowed by MWJ, as it gives instant distance AND turning. However, in general the Imperials are noticeably more maneuverable than the Orks.



He was talking about the lack of mobility, not maneuver. Two different things.

Orks have everything everyone else has for mobility plus they have a favor which improves their fuel efficiency and traktor beam also increases their range 7500.

Orks are more mobile than IN, they just cannot turn as fast.

Magni
Posts: 50
Joined: 11 March 2016, 21:47
Contact:

Re: Traktor Beam Spam

Postby Magni » 09 April 2016, 03:44

Turning is an ESSENTIAL COMPONENT of mobility.

Orks have an inflexible, semi-uncontrollable forward boost that can only be used with an entirely full engine bar and the ability to stop. IN has a pinpoint-accurate, tailorable boost that can be activated with the engine bar at anything except completely empty, plus the ability to rapidly turn and stop. They can run rings around Ork ships with proper use of that.

Orks are less mobile than any IN force that isn't controlled by a completely braindead idiot.

Navinor
Posts: 68
Joined: 11 March 2016, 11:20
Contact:

Re: Traktor Beam Spam

Postby Navinor » 09 April 2016, 12:28

Magni wrote:Turning is an ESSENTIAL COMPONENT of mobility.

Orks have an inflexible, semi-uncontrollable forward boost that can only be used with an entirely full engine bar and the ability to stop. IN has a pinpoint-accurate, tailorable boost that can be activated with the engine bar at anything except completely empty, plus the ability to rapidly turn and stop. They can run rings around Ork ships with proper use of that.

Orks are less mobile than any IN force that isn't controlled by a completely braindead idiot.


It does not matter if the IN can turn better than orcs or not.

Orcs right now are impositioning their playstyle on all the other factions.

As shown in the twitch clip. You get close to orcs, you are dead! Especially on high levels. With the jumps you can not even outrun orcs.

+ the Tractor beam ability.

Right now you do not even need 3 buttons to play orcs!

Try to play a full torpedo fleet with IN for example against an orc fleet. While you will be microing your ass of with IN, the Orc player will just close up to you and BAM you are dead. You will not even be able to fire your torpedos.

Getting behind orcs it pointless. As shown in the twitch clip a good Orc player will not blob his fleet at one point.

When you jump behind the Orc to kill his engines you will still be dead, because there is another orc ship covering the rear!

Orc playstyle is like this right now: Jump ability, tractor beam, big red button, win!

Maybe Chaos has a chance against Orcs, because of the long lances.

But the IN is at a VERY bad spot against both. Chaos AND Orcs!

The IN does not doing enough damage at long range and getting slaughtered at close range. Normally their best abilites should be torpedos and macro weapons. To use torpedos as a damage source you need to play like a Starcraft pro and their would be useless against Chaos anyway.

And we do not need to talk about macro weapons. Nobody will play with them as long you have use "run away" tactics against Orcs!

The problems are not the Orcs or the Chaos right now. It is the bad balanced IN fleet!

I do not know how Eldar will be when they come out. But as we all know they will have prow mounted weapons.

And i can imagine how a fight against prow mounted weapon based orc ships will end, when the Eldar ships get tractor beam spammed and boarded. Because Eldar ships are really bad against boarding actions!

Magni
Posts: 50
Joined: 11 March 2016, 21:47
Contact:

Re: Traktor Beam Spam

Postby Magni » 09 April 2016, 13:47

Navinor wrote:It does not matter if the IN can turn better than orcs or not.

Orcs right now are impositioning their playstyle on all the other factions.


So much nonsensical whining here.

Imperials having better turning and an infenitely more flexible boost only doesn't matter if the imperial player is too incompetent to use that massive advantage.

As shown in the twitch clip. You get close to orcs, you are dead! Especially on high levels. With the jumps you can not even outrun orcs.


Yeah, getting within 3k of Orks and staying there for any time is going to get you killed. THAT'S HOW IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE! And whining about MWJs is nonsensical given that everyone has access to them and it becomes a matter of micro. Trakor Kannonz are a bit of an ace in the hole, but they only help so far if the Orkss' opponent knows what he's doing.

Right now you do not even need 3 buttons to play orcs!


Rubbish hyperbole.

Try to play a full torpedo fleet with IN for example against an orc fleet. While you will be microing your ass of with IN, the Orc player will just close up to you and BAM you are dead. You will not even be able to fire your torpedos.


Been there, done that. Nothing but more rubbish hyperbole.

Getting behind orcs it pointless. As shown in the twitch clip a good Orc player will not blob his fleet at one point.

When you jump behind the Orc to kill his engines you will still be dead, because there is another orc ship covering the rear!


Yeah, TRIPPLING the damage output of your non-lance weapons is pointless...

And I guess that Ork ship covering the rear will have another Ork ship covering its rear, ad infinitum, because the Ok player of course has infinite points and ships and even one of his ships can outgun your entire fleet. Your rubbish hyperbole gets more and more idiotic with every sentence now.

Orc playstyle is like this right now: Jump ability, tractor beam, big red button, win!


Against bad players, yes. That's not a problem with Orks, that's a problem with bad palyers.

Maybe Chaos has a chance against Orcs, because of the long lances.

But the IN is at a VERY bad spot against both. Chaos AND Orcs!


Bombers, actually. Ork ships DETEST bombers. And you thinking that N is in a bad spot vs both Orks and Chaos only shows that you are bad at playing IN.

The IN does not doing enough damage at long range and getting slaughtered at close range. Normally their best abilites should be torpedos and macro weapons. To use torpedos as a damage source you need to play like a Starcraft pro and their would be useless against Chaos anyway.


So go for mid-range agianst Orks. Also, learn how to use torps for denying maneuver space.

And we do not need to talk about macro weapons. Nobody will play with them as long you have use "run away" tactics against Orcs!

The problems are not the Orcs or the Chaos right now. It is the bad balanced IN fleet!


And more rubbish hyperbole. I guess I am "Nobody"... Oh wait, no, that's jsut you making a dumb assumption on the basis that everyone is as bad at palying IN as you are. IN is the msot flexible and variable fleet in the game right now, and that flexibility can be either a curse or a blessing depending on how well you understand to manage it.

I do not know how Eldar will be when they come out. But as we all know they will have prow mounted weapons.

And i can imagine how a fight against prow mounted weapon based orc ships will end, when the Eldar ships get tractor beam spammed and boarded. Because Eldar ships are really bad against boarding actions!


From what I've heard so far, their crusiers are also faster (and turn faster) than IN or Chaos escorts, they can still of AAF with their engines critted and they've got a lot of burst damage and respectable aounts of torpedoes and launch bays.

But you know what, everything's just speculation anyway. Doom&Gloom and hyperbole galore.


Return to “Ork Pirate Fleets”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest