Traktor Beam Spam

Wot is da best way to blow up gitz? DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA!
Adrmial Seraph

Traktor Beam Spam

Postby Adrmial Seraph » 06 April 2016, 19:41

As Orks I've ben trying out Traktor beam spam+stasis bomb spam+taunt spam. Even after the patch I think this strategy is entirely too strong, opponents cannot escape you and you consistently place enemy ships into kill zones or even drag them into already activated stasis wards.

In combination with kannonz this means that the accuracy chances don't really matter because by time the enemy gets out of all the CC abilities Traktor beam with its 60 second cooldown is ready again.

Dreadspectre

Re: Traktor Beam Spam

Postby Dreadspectre » 06 April 2016, 20:09

Nova Spam, Stasis Spam, Bomb Spam, Ram Spam, Torp Spam, Lance Spam, Tractor Spam, Assault/Bomber spam...

You have to realize...there's only so many skills to use in this game right now. Like..a pretty small amount...not gonna have a lot of variety in fights unfortunately.

If it works, use it man, don't feel bad about it or think it's OP. There will be ways to counter usually.

Lucifronsun

Postby Lucifronsun » 06 April 2016, 20:11

I'm guilty of weapon spam as well, I do it every single game, and it's 90% of what I use to kill opponents or control them.

(The best crowd control is death.)

HERO

Postby HERO » 06 April 2016, 20:16

Adrmial Seraph wrote:As Orks I've ben trying out Traktor beam spam+stasis bomb spam+taunt spam. Even after the patch I think this strategy is entirely too strong, opponents cannot escape you and you consistently place enemy ships into kill zones or even drag them into already activated stasis wards.

In combination with kannonz this means that the accuracy chances don't really matter because by time the enemy gets out of all the CC abilities Traktor beam with its 60 second cooldown is ready again.

Yup. Having played with and against this strategy with various fleets, it's almost impossible to get away from Orkz once they reach a healthy distance.

WMJ, Statis, Taunt, Coils and Tractors, with high crit chances and the ability to target engines basically pins everything in place. The fact that a light cruiser can pull a Battleship the same distance is mind-boggling too. The fact you can taunt, pull, red button ram, WMJ into another red button ram, into coils with 75 armor braced ships is INSANE.

I'm basically looking at WMJ for all Ork ships, because adding 5K immediate range is nuts for the faction. Taunt should strongly be considered as the secondary, with coils in third. Statis is almost not needed if you have Tractors not only pulling, but keeping targets close enough while the other cooldowns refresh.

Combine this with boarding torps, 144 guns and ramming and things get out of control really quickly.

I'm waiting for this friday to see how the Eldar can handle this threat, but I feel like I have to play vastly better than my opponent to maintain non-lethal distance. With Chaos, this basically turns into a fast carrier/statis kite fleet, or lance-heavy control fleet, but with Imperials it feels like your most optimal damage zone is shared with the Orkz. Let's just say that it's bad news bears in that situation.

I have said this plenty of times in other threads, but the fact that the smart Ork (is that even a thing?) admirals figured out a way to completely negate their key weakness in this game, makes the fight extremely uphill. This is another reason why I don't want to see exact same skill/upgrade options on the same factions. WMJ drastically benefits Orkz more than the Imperials for example. Adding 5K instant threat range on top of everything else is extremely powerful.

Jether

Postby Jether » 06 April 2016, 20:26

Currently for my ork fleet it is a pure goff ram fleet. All ere teknology aint orky. I just put all da dakka on da front n hit da big red button.
Emperors Elite Testing Team

clench

Postby clench » 06 April 2016, 20:32

HERO wrote:
Adrmial Seraph wrote:As Orks I've ben trying out Traktor beam spam+stasis bomb spam+taunt spam. Even after the patch I think this strategy is entirely too strong, opponents cannot escape you and you consistently place enemy ships into kill zones or even drag them into already activated stasis wards.

Yup. Having played with and against this strategy with various fleets, it's almost impossible to get away from Orkz once they reach a healthy distance.

WMJ, Statis, Taunt, Coils and Tractors, with high crit chances and the ability to target engines basically pins everything in place. The fact that a light cruiser can pull a Battleship the same distance is mind-boggling too. The fact you can taunt, pull, red button ram, WMJ into another red button ram, into coils with 75 armor braced ships is INSANE.

I'm basically looking at WMJ for all Ork ships, because adding 5K immediate range is nuts for the faction. Taunt should strongly be considered as the secondary, with coils in third. Statis is almost not needed if you have Tractors not only pulling, but keeping targets close enough while the other cooldowns refresh.

Combine this with boarding torps, 144 guns and ramming and things get out of control really quickly.

I'm waiting for this friday to see how the Eldar can handle this threat, but I feel like I have to play vastly better than my opponent to maintain non-lethal distance. With Chaos, this basically turns into a fast carrier/statis kite fleet, or lance-heavy control fleet, but with Imperials it feels like your most optimal damage zone is shared with the Orkz. Let's just say that it's bad news bears in that situation.

I have said this plenty of times in other threads, but the fact that the smart Ork (is that even a thing?) admirals figured out a way to completely negate their key weakness in this game, makes the fight extremely uphill. This is another reason why I don't want to see exact same skill/upgrade options on the same factions. WMJ drastically benefits Orkz more than the Imperials for example. Adding 5K instant threat range on top of everything else is extremely powerful.

Orks are still too strong with a high level admiral and a decently skilled player.

Their ability to deal and take damage is outrageous compared to the other fleets. Chaos can deal because they have speed and range on their side.. it's very tedious for an IN navy to stay in range to deal damage and out of range of getting traktor beamed and rammed to death. IN should be a 9-12K fleet, let chaos have 12-15K. Ork can keep 0-6K.

The only way to realistically beat a high level Ork is to get around them and target their weak ships to hopefully start a rout, the problem is most high level Ork players have figured out that if they can keep their ships from routing with squigs they'll always win a war of attrition against IN and usually Chaos too.

Adrmial Seraph

Postby Adrmial Seraph » 06 April 2016, 20:33

HERO wrote:

If you take Mork-Blessed scanners it turns traktor into 7.5k range xD

Mork scanners is pretty much manditory on all Ork ships. I was using tac cog to traktor two of my opponent's ships to smash or even traktoring the enemy into my ram, It's just insane what you can do with trakor kannon spam.

HERO

Postby HERO » 06 April 2016, 20:38

Adrmial Seraph wrote:
HERO wrote:

Mork scanners is pretty much manditory on all Ork ships. I was using tac cog to traktor two of my opponent's ships to smash or even traktoring the enemy into my ram, It's just insane what you can do with trakor kannon spam.

I have cast my runes and forsee dark times for my kin.

clench

Postby clench » 06 April 2016, 20:40

Adrmial Seraph wrote:
HERO wrote:

Mork scanners is pretty much manditory on all Ork ships.

Traktor is 7500 range by default. It was buffed in the last patch to make up for the taunt nerf. I don't think it really need it.

People just weren't using traktor because taunt was so good, not because 5k range traktor was bad. It was just more efficient and cheaper to use taunt and then a more battle effective favor like Da Goffs.

Jether

Postby Jether » 06 April 2016, 20:40

Ill remake my fleet to use traktors for kicks. Really wish you coukd have multiple mp admirals
Emperors Elite Testing Team

Return to “Ork Pirate Fleets”