Traktor Beam Spam

Wot is da best way to blow up gitz? DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA!
Jether

Re: Traktor Beam Spam

Postby Jether » 07 April 2016, 18:48

HERO wrote:
Jether wrote:
HERO wrote:
Webways were static, or built into massive structures or vehicles that can support them. There are entryways, and exits, just like a door, so like a Stormweaver can summon warriors through the Webway, but the other end was coming from the Dragonship that was in orbit.

The only other support of non-webway usage, and that was short shunts through the warp, is in the form of Warp Spiders. No Eldar, regardless of Dark, CW or Corsair, will sanction the technology to warp shunt an entire capital ship filled with hundreds of Eldar lives through the Warp. This is canon.

The falcon grav tanks could as well if i remember.

Nah, they just descended in low orbit. It was first seen in their Cloudstrike formation from Apoc way back in 4th where they essentially deep-struck onto the battlefield.

The Rts adaption DoW1 lets nearly all the eldar squads and vehichles teleport so. But dif games
Emperors Elite Testing Team

Lucifronsun

Postby Lucifronsun » 07 April 2016, 19:05

clench wrote:Well I think Orks just shouldn't have MWJ. Adding +5000-7500 range to Ork ships is really brutal not even counting the MWJ ability to reorient the ship almost instantly. They could live with just taunt, double BRB, stasis, and traktor beam.

Chaos/IN fleets are basically based off the same technology. Eldar are more advanced.

I wouldn't mind seeing taunt removed entirely from all factions and replaced with a short slow or stun.

If orks didn't have MWJ they would be quite substantially weaker, I'd go so far as too say too weak. Against fleets with only stasis bombs and MWJ, they'd be hard pressed to ever get into range to use those abilities, assuming proper play on both sides.

Orks do need a nerf, but that'd go overboard and result in players losing at matchmaking (vs chaos and the eventual kiting imperial fleet) simply because they picked a certain faction. It'd just be impossible for them to get close, no matter how good the player is.

Pile_O_Gunz wrote:Mwj is probably the most important skill for Orks it would be a monumental nerf to them Ork battleship for example would be completely useless the thing is practically a turret you need to warp around its so slow.

You've got a good point too, the ork battleship is a sack of bricks wearing cement shoes, and it'd never see play if jump were to be removed.

Dreadspectre

Postby Dreadspectre » 07 April 2016, 19:06

Fixing the current state of "oops I crit your engines teehee" style of gameplay would go a long way to helping everyone.

Make it harder to crit or take two crits before system breaks. Or make Repairs give a chance to repair 1 critical system failure.

Then we can take a look at individual skills.

HERO

Postby HERO » 07 April 2016, 19:31

Lucifronsun wrote:
clench wrote:Well I think Orks just shouldn't have MWJ. Adding +5000-7500 range to Ork ships is really brutal not even counting the MWJ ability to reorient the ship almost instantly. They could live with just taunt, double BRB, stasis, and traktor beam.

Chaos/IN fleets are basically based off the same technology. Eldar are more advanced.

I wouldn't mind seeing taunt removed entirely from all factions and replaced with a short slow or stun.

If orks didn't have MWJ they would be quite substantially weaker, I'd go so far as too say too weak. Against fleets with only stasis bombs and MWJ, they'd be hard pressed to ever get into range to use those abilities, assuming proper play on both sides.

Orks do need a nerf, but that'd go overboard and result in players losing at matchmaking (vs chaos and the eventual kiting imperial fleet) simply because they picked a certain faction. It'd just be impossible for them to get close, no matter how good the player is.

Pile_O_Gunz wrote:Mwj is probably the most important skill for Orks it would be a monumental nerf to them Ork battleship for example would be completely useless the thing is practically a turret you need to warp around its so slow.

You've got a good point too, the ork battleship is a sack of bricks wearing cement shoes, and it'd never see play if jump were to be removed.

I think there's a bigger problem in the game when players outright say the faction is unplayable without certain skills/upgrades :P

Dreadspectre

Postby Dreadspectre » 07 April 2016, 19:34

Did people really think things like MWJ wouldn't become mandatory?

I mean...no one uses Flash in League of Legends right?

.....right?

HERO

Postby HERO » 07 April 2016, 19:38

Dreadspectre wrote:Did people really think things like MWJ wouldn't become mandatory?

I mean...no one uses Flash in League of Legends right?

.....right?

That's exactly what I mean lol. The fact that some skills are mandatory is not very good for gameplay.

clench

Postby clench » 07 April 2016, 20:12

HERO wrote:
Lucifronsun wrote:

I think there's a bigger problem in the game when players outright say the faction is unplayable without certain skills/upgrades :P

I think a lot of players like to win easily so they're defending Orks to the bitter end to maintain their keyboard faceroll gameplay.

HERO

Postby HERO » 07 April 2016, 20:14

Jether wrote:
HERO wrote:
Jether wrote:The falcon grav tanks could as well if i remember.

Nah, they just descended in low orbit. It was first seen in their Cloudstrike formation from Apoc way back in 4th where they essentially deep-struck onto the battlefield.

The Rts adaption DoW1 lets nearly all the eldar squads and vehichles teleport so. But dif games

Wait what? I'm not sure what you're talking about. What ability was this?

Lucifronsun

Postby Lucifronsun » 07 April 2016, 20:17

clench wrote:I think a lot of players like to win easily so they're defending Orks to the bitter end to maintain their keyboard faceroll gameplay.

Well, that always happens with everything deemed OP, just like ret paladins in wow during wrath. People come out of the woodwork to defend the thing they're enjoying, even if it's obviously not enjoyable or fair for other people.

Pile_O_Gunz

Postby Pile_O_Gunz » 07 April 2016, 20:44

clench wrote:I think a lot of players like to win easily so they're defending Orks to the bitter end to maintain their keyboard faceroll gameplay.

You just want an easier time vs Orks and will nerf anything you can to facilitate it thats why your list of problem skills was so large I mean sensors seriously ? remove MWJ for Orks completely ? Nobody can take that seriously you just want a nerf to Orks and don't give a damn about balance .

Return to “Ork Pirate Fleets”