Viable ork build please

Wot is da best way to blow up gitz? DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA!
Cryhavok

Re: Viable ork build please

Postby Cryhavok » 30 June 2016, 14:17

Bludfist wrote:Why would you ever put a NC on a basha LC,is beyond me

The best weapon to have on a LC is the Mega Kannon, no other weapon can out DPS it on the basha so putting an NC and risking it blowing up the NK is not better

literally any other favor is a better option

The Basha is slow, and putting the shortest ranged weapon possible on it doesn't always make it useful. Personally I put ordnance bays on mine, and between silent running and the silly nova kannon, that favor does just fine for me, and it never bothers me much when it's torpedo launcha explodes with the nova kannon. If I could *also* switch the torpedo for the mega kannon, I would rethink that favor, until then, I'll stick with it.
Do you hear the voices too?!?

Bludfist

Postby Bludfist » 30 June 2016, 15:34

Cryhavok wrote:
The Basha is slow, and putting the shortest ranged weapon possible on it doesn't always make it useful. Personally I put ordnance bays on mine, and between silent running and the silly nova kannon, that favor does just fine for me, and it never bothers me much when it's torpedo launcha explodes with the nova kannon. If I could *also* switch the torpedo for the mega kannon, I would rethink that favor, until then, I'll stick with it.

Saying basha is slow is like saying ork ships are slow, it moves at the same speed just like every other ork ship

with the prethora of slowing zzzaps that orks can field thanks to dirt cheap ships, the speed of orks is not such a huge problem any more as it was in the past
Chaos walking into Aldorf be like
Spoiler : :

Psymple

Postby Psymple » 30 June 2016, 17:51

You are very foolish if you are still using Mega Kannon; torpedo spam, ordinance bays (for fighters) and nova kannon is 1000x better than a basha with a mega kannon.

Cryhavok

Postby Cryhavok » 30 June 2016, 18:20

Bludfist wrote:
Cryhavok wrote:

Saying basha is slow is like saying ork ships are slow, it moves at the same speed just like every other ork ship

with the prethora of slowing zzzaps that orks can field thanks to dirt cheap ships, the speed of orks is not such a huge problem any more as it was in the past

The only reason I would ever put a Mega Kannon on a Basha is if I wanted to make it as cheap as possible. I can't really justify any other reason for it. Even then, I would probably look at just taking savage gunships instead.
Do you hear the voices too?!?

Edelweiss00

Postby Edelweiss00 » 04 July 2016, 02:37

I was also running a mega kannon build on my basha for super cheap ship. But without the range upgrade for kannons, its pretty hard to constantly maintain 3k range between you and the opponent. So yeah I switched back to torps and NC on all my basha. Stick in the belt armor upgrade to prevent the NC from exploding once. 3 of my basha runs a NC build, and with that I almost have no problem destroying ships lower than battlecruisers. Hell, most of the time, I can destroy a voidstalker with my 3 NC basha.

MYNAME?

Postby MYNAME? » 12 July 2016, 06:22

rocius wrote:
Bludfist wrote:because of the new upgrade buffs and the across the board price cut the ork ships, the new meta build is max Zzzaps with some defensive carrier ships

and wierdboy tower upgrade as well

orks are a lanceboat faction now :?

Hmm sounds interesting

It really isnt.

Return to “Ork Pirate Fleets”