[Ravensburg] Orks update

Wot is da best way to blow up gitz? DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA!
Crnyo

Re: [Ravensburg] Orks update

Postby Crnyo » 23 June 2016, 20:07

Its incredible people think Orks are underpowered.

Right now Ork Zzap fleet can outdps Eldar pulsar fleet ROFLMAO
Weirdboyz iz the new WAAAGH

Sagranda

Postby Sagranda » 23 June 2016, 20:14

To be honest I hope that's not everything Orks get.
Or better to say I hope that there will be other changes and this one maybe reverted.
I don't want to see them pushed from one extreme to a different one.
Orks aren't bad, but I want to see them in an actual good spot balance wise.

And while Zzap Spam is pretty damn effective, it is also even more boring to play than Eldar before the Pulsar nerfs.

It's also still "funny" to see that a Cruiser with 1 Zzap and 1 Launch Bay costs more than a Battlecruiser with 2 Zzaps.
Yes, it's only 3 points more, but still "funny".
I play Orkz to collect all those salty Imperial tears
#FeelsWaaaghBoss

MYNAME?

Postby MYNAME? » 23 June 2016, 20:20

Psymple wrote:
MYNAME? wrote:
WarJester wrote::mrgreen: That sounds awesome, looking forward to the update. WAAAGH!

You should zapp torp spam is officially OP now haha.

++++ This.

yeah read my butthurt thread. I think its a funny read xD it involves alot of bleeding assholes.

Spartan-089

Postby Spartan-089 » 24 June 2016, 00:13

Edited: did not see the patch just now, will come back to this post after I see if this patch helped at all.
Kommando Blitza is da most kunning and savage ork there iz.

Orkz iz okay

Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Imperator5 » 24 June 2016, 07:02

Both orks and Vanguard cruisers could use some love.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

BrianDavion

Postby BrianDavion » 24 June 2016, 10:04

Cryhavok wrote:
fallsdownstairs wrote:Thank Mork! I had my battleship handily beaten by a single SM light cruiser yesterday, and there was nothing I could have done to stop it. He just started two fires on my ship so I repaired to stop them, logically, and then he quickly start 4 more fires and ran away! ... I had to watch as my lvl3 battleship slowly burned down without being able to warp out or put out the fires... I just pushed my keyboard away and stopped playing.

If you trade a macro of some kind for ordnance bays it can help a lot with that happening. And believe it or not it is even lore friendly to do so, as most Ork Battleships did carry ordnance bays in the tabletop. My own Deathdeala is a surprise for a lot of people, fielding 6 ordnance bays by itself. My space marine opponents have not enjoyed that surprise.

yeah in the case of a strike cruiser powning a BB it sounds more like the space marine player just did a damn good job.

Gerver

Postby Gerver » 24 June 2016, 11:14

Please tell me this is troll thread.
You want to buff Orks who already have ships with 12 dps cannons+2dps zzap+traktor/nova/boarding zzap+gunz+175 speed + 800 HP + 75 armor for 87 POINTS? Are you people blind? Because thats the only explanation of posts like "yeah nice news orks feels nerfed"

Please stop the Earth, I am done here.

Sagranda

Postby Sagranda » 24 June 2016, 11:45

Gerver wrote:Please tell me this is troll thread.
You want to buff Orks who already have ships with 12 dps cannons+2dps zzap+traktor/nova/boarding zzap+gunz+175 speed + 800 HP + 75 armor for 87 POINTS? Are you people blind? Because thats the only explanation of posts like "yeah nice news orks feels nerfed"

We want Orks to be in a good spot balance wise.
Not buffing them while some of the shit stays.

But to take your post apart:

12 dps cannons

That are heavily restricted/unlreliable through Imprecise attribute, one shot and no armor pen (makes them useless against Space Marines).
Unless you are having an affair with Lady Luck that isn't a weapon that you want to take, should you want a fleet that is competing effectively on a constant basis

+2dps zzap

Zzaps got only good through 4 things:
Kannonz too unreliable
New upgrades
Space Marine 75 armor
Zzap spam

A single Zzap on a ship was always just a gimmick than everything else before.

nova

Bound to a Favour and a 20% chance to blow up your whole prow.

boarding

They should have been a close range faction, so it is clear that they should be a bit better when it comes to boarding.

gunz

Gunz are still pretty meh.
They are only effective during Lock On.

175 speed

Only with the upgrade that gives you a 20% to temporarily crit your engines when you hit the BRB.
Yes, you can repair it, but you can only use the repair skill so often, since it has a cooldown.
Using it after a BRB to repair it takes away the option to repair crits that got inflicted later on and if you don't repair it, well, have fun with that slow running ship

800 HP

Yes, on the least agile ships in the whole game, that require upgrades and crew points that don't increase their actual combat effectiveness, while they also take more damage from Hull Breaches and Fires and have less shields than the others

75 armor

Only at the prow, while the rear has 25

87 POINTS

good exaggeration there.

It's always nice to just look at the "good" things, while ignoring every negative aspect.

I would gladly get rid of the ship point cost reduction and get some actual good changes to them.
While Orks were never bad, they still were always an extreme one-trick-pony faction that never had a good spot in terms of balance and design.
That's what we want to get rid off.
I play Orkz to collect all those salty Imperial tears
#FeelsWaaaghBoss

Gerver

Postby Gerver » 24 June 2016, 12:27

Sagranda wrote:
Gerver wrote:Please tell me this is troll thread.

We want Orks to be in a good spot balance wise.
Not buffing them while some of the shit stays.

But to take your post apart:

12 dps cannons

That are heavily restricted/unlreliable through Imprecise attribute, one shot and no armor pen (makes them useless against Space Marines).
Unless you are having an affair with Lady Luck that isn't a weapon that you want to take, should you want a fleet that is competing effectively on a constant basis

+2dps zzap

Zzaps got only good through 4 things:
Kannonz too unreliable
New upgrades
Space Marine 75 armor
Zzap spam

A single Zzap on a ship was always just a gimmick than everything else before.

nova

Bound to a Favour and a 20% chance to blow up your whole prow.

boarding

They should have been a close range faction, so it is clear that they should be a bit better when it comes to boarding.

gunz

Gunz are still pretty meh.
They are only effective during Lock On.

175 speed

Only with the upgrade that gives you a 20% to temporarily crit your engines when you hit the BRB.
Yes, you can repair it, but you can only use the repair skill so often, since it has a cooldown.
Using it after a BRB to repair it takes away the option to repair crits that got inflicted later on and if you don't repair it, well, have fun with that slow running ship

800 HP

Yes, on the least agile ships in the whole game, that require upgrades and crew points that don't increase their actual combat effectiveness, while they also take more damage from Hull Breaches and Fires and have less shields than the others

75 armor

Only at the prow, while the rear has 25

87 POINTS

good exaggeration there.

It's always nice to just look at the "good" things, while ignoring every negative aspect.

I would gladly get rid of the ship point cost reduction and get some actual good changes to them.
While Orks were never bad, they still were always an extreme one-trick-pony faction that never had a good spot in terms of balance and design.
That's what we want to get rid off.

Yes kannons are unreliable, but even light krooza can use them and not every opponent is space marine (and why you even want to counter marines, their barge will die in a few zzap shots)
Zzap have insane crit, range and burst, I saw no one who could stand against 13 of them in 700 point match.
I dont want to mention 28 points Savage, almost every game ork can field 6 of them instead of 1 krooza, and they will be pain in ass and great meat shield for zzaps.
They should be close range, but now they are best Dakka faction in game with awesome boardings
And you always face enemy with prow 75 armor, I dont know how enemy will flank them under torpedo and zzap barrage.
Gunz horrible, but its constant dps that counter voss shield and holofield. And even horrible gunz better than space marines broadsides. And orks is about prow weaponry anyway.
Random crit that comes with +25 speed upgrade doesnt matter, since Orks now playing "stand and shoot"

And yes, orks are one-trick pony (But i played zzap fleet even when everyone cried about mega cannon madness in beta), but their single trick always OP. Just equip current rape build on your single ork fleet and go win.

Psymple

Postby Psymple » 24 June 2016, 12:54

Orks right now are in a stupid place;

You can literally ignore speed and turning upgrades where before they were essential.
The Nerfing of Kannonz and subsiquent buffing of Grot Guns now makes SP so easy to spend.

You can literally put ALL your SP into Zaaps, those upgrades you not longer need for speed can be used to buff said zaaps, you can get the buff that makes orders last longer... so now your zaaaps rofl stomp everything with 45% crit chance and if you take bad moons you can also get More Dakka, so god forbid anyone does get through your Torpedo waves, mass probe spams and zaap hell they are now facing Grot guns that fire 8 shots per tick.... which oblitorates most brawlers at close range, especially with ork boarding.

I played against a chaos spamming laces and tzeentch yesterday as my ork, he tried to kite me and use running silent.
I drove straight at him spamming torps, on my 5 ships: 1 BS, 2 BC, 2 LC i had 2 novas, 14 zaaps, 28 torps, 5 probes, 3 recon beacons.

At one point he was trying to kite me round an asteroid field; I just flew through it... sod the dmg... necrons dont care about pewny rocks.

Later on I played against IN, torpedo spam... I am pretty sure this is orks only weakness... I took alot of damage making it across the board but once I did ... Necrons dont care about pewny IN macros...ZAAAAP

Eldar???
I put recon beacon on your ships.. I kill you from 15k with holofield ignoring zaaps.... NECRONS DESTROY ELDAR.

Space Marines?
Well... homing missle spam is pretty annoying tbh, but if you ever get vision of them they just melt to zaaaaaaaap.

---

Oh I just realzied I can add fighters to my two light cruisers and still ahve 5 ships in 700 points... yaeh; torpedoes might not me an issue anymore.

---

Yeah with the buff to Belt Armour stopping nova kannon self destroy first time; and having two fighter squadrons + turrets upgrades on 2 light cruisers... orks are insanely strong....

Return to “Ork Pirate Fleets”