[Ravensburg] Orks update

Wot is da best way to blow up gitz? DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA!
Ptirodaktill

Re: [Ravensburg] Orks update

Postby Ptirodaktill » 25 June 2016, 09:02

LOL. dat patch. Such deep awesome gameplay. Why dont we revoke all changes back? It was way better.

Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Imperator5 » 25 June 2016, 12:46

Ubikuuu wrote:Oh man the amount of intellectual dishonesty form Orks is hilarious.
I could go post digging, but I know yall would just go the Way of the Donald.

No, instead I will be out there annihilating "noobs" with my Zzaps.
Dismantling the delirium you created one free win at a time.

Have fun XD.

He'z da hairest so he'z da boss!
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

Spartan-089

Postby Spartan-089 » 25 June 2016, 19:38

Imperator5 wrote:
Ubikuuu wrote:Oh man the amount of intellectual dishonesty form Orks is hilarious.
I could go post digging, but I know yall would just go the Way of the Donald.

No, instead I will be out there annihilating "noobs" with my Zzaps.
Dismantling the delirium you created one free win at a time.

Have fun XD.

He'z da hairest so he'z da boss!

I've been playing other factions (mainly Space marines) against orks to get an idea of how bad the Zzap problem is from the other perspective. It is indeed bad, tho I hate to admit it, its not so much the slow as the massed damage from Zzaps. However I did not lose all this matched, I just had to kite at extreme ranges which was not fun for my or my opponent. This said however against non-zzap Ork fleets, even with numerical superiority they were handily defeated at range and within brawling distance. So I dont know what to say here, without Zzaps Orks are the worst faction at range and the 2nd worst at Brawling (followed by Eldar) with Zzaps they have much need needed chase tool but unreasonable sustained damage at extreme range.
Kommando Blitza is da most kunning and savage ork there iz.

Orkz iz okay

Psymple

Postby Psymple » 25 June 2016, 20:42

I am sorry to sound arrogant, but if you beat orks at range, they were doing something wrong.

Either they didn't have enough recon probes or generally used the map incorrectly.
I have NO speed upgrades on any of my ork ships and I still easilly deal with enemies attempting to kite my ork fleet.
5 probes, 3 beacons... I SEE EVERYTHING.

Halstead

Postby Halstead » 26 June 2016, 19:27

Spartan-089 wrote: since orks are now the 4th best brawling faction.
....out of 5 factions. That sound ridiculous doesn't you know?

Spartan-089

Postby Spartan-089 » 28 June 2016, 03:11

Psymple wrote:I am sorry to sound arrogant, but if you beat orks at range, they were doing something wrong.

Either they didn't have enough recon probes or generally used the map incorrectly.
I have NO speed upgrades on any of my ork ships and I still easilly deal with enemies attempting to kite my ork fleet.
5 probes, 3 beacons... I SEE EVERYTHING.

Space Marines can effectively stay out of 15k Zzap range an entire match with use of beacons, run silent, and boarding torpedoes while kiting. If an ork brings a defensive carrier or 2 this becomes a bit harder, not impossible. However this become a deeply unfun way to play, now that I have seen it from both perspectives by playing both. 7 slow zzaps that have a chance to slow WILL melt any visible ship that tries to approach it, even battle barges dont make it too them without losing 2/3 of its effective health. I think the solution is to reduced the damge of zzaps and reduce the chances of the shield bypass at extreme range. As of now Orks dont play like Orks. Im seeing more Orks kitting and keeping distance then actually brawling, which is ridiculous. I stopped playing Orks for now because I stomped all my opponents without any trouble or I lost to another ork player who ONLY brought Zzaps and waited for me to come to him. Its not fun, and this coming from an Ork player with fully lv 10 fleet and 40k renown.
Last edited by Spartan-089 on 28 June 2016, 16:31, edited 1 time in total.
Kommando Blitza is da most kunning and savage ork there iz.

Orkz iz okay

Bludfist

Postby Bludfist » 28 June 2016, 12:11

Spartan-089 wrote: I think the solution is to reduced the damge of zzaps and reduce the chances of the shield bypass at extreme range.

only if the devs dont plan on reverting the cost change
Chaos walking into Aldorf be like
Spoiler : :

MysticForce

Postby MysticForce » 28 June 2016, 15:02

Chaos out brawl Orks, and Orks out lance Chaos. Ugh, Devs will have to work a bit harder on balance.

Return to “Ork Pirate Fleets”