Ork status post SM patch

Wot is da best way to blow up gitz? DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA!
Bludfist

Ork status post SM patch

Postby Bludfist » 21 June 2016, 16:47

With this patch Orks lose belt armor upgrade to be replaced by an upgrade called weird boy tower, a 3k base range “free zzzap” that does not benefit from any zzzap upgrades

I want to say that loosing belt armor on orks now in a meta all about crits and assault actions due to SM (between looted ships, bombardment cannons and crits in general) is a crippling loss for them and one they did not need

Weird boy tower is not a good compensatory upgrade imho, and it's base range is 3k

Furthermore between the new IN mutiny upgrade, SM's mutiny check favor and MoS favor; crew points in chained squigs is more important than ever now, and between that and dakka master and boyz there is no crew points left to blow on that crew to inc the range from 3K unless you have ships with 10 crew pts randomly for soe reason

Made all the worse by the fact that it can't benifit from lance upgrades and the slow and the shield bypass these upgrades are the main reason that Zzzaps are considered decent and viable now

If you put it one of your ships that have 10 crew pts you get an underwhelming, slow firing 6K lance

Also with the loss of belt armor blood axe favor is even less viable becuase you can no longer guarantee minimum 2 shots with the nova kannonz

at most it would be good on bashas to have a ranged "option" to go with mega kannonz

With all the assault actions SM will bring with homing boarding torps and ordinance, carriers will be more important than ever

SM and Orks arent clones which is cool; i know that was a big elepahnt in the room issue for us

While orks want to activly brawl, SM want to weaken targets first with ordinance and assault actions so they have more of an emphasis on that rather than ramming and brawling
Last edited by Bludfist on 21 June 2016, 17:10, edited 1 time in total.
Chaos walking into Aldorf be like
Spoiler : :

Sagranda

Re: Ork status post SM patch

Postby Sagranda » 21 June 2016, 17:03

I have my Ork build that tears up Space Marines and works against everyone else, but it isn't really fun to play.
I would even say that it is a pretty damn static gameplay.

But overall I agree.
Last edited by Sagranda on 21 June 2016, 17:09, edited 2 times in total.
I play Orkz to collect all those salty Imperial tears
#FeelsWaaaghBoss

Bludfist

Postby Bludfist » 21 June 2016, 17:09

Shit well time to edit my post then, these were pre written write up that i did yesterday

Whats the build?

Pile_O_Gunz

Postby Pile_O_Gunz » 21 June 2016, 17:12

I was hoping they'd revert the nerfs from the last patch but it sounds like they got nerfed even more. Will checkout the Sm tonight anyway.

Can Orks actually beat Sm in a brawl?

Sagranda

Postby Sagranda » 21 June 2016, 17:17

Only Zzaps on Deathdela and Hammer.
Weirdboy Tower Upgrade with 1 point in the Weirdboy Crew for a little bit of extra damage at 6k range. Though I am not really that fond of it. May swap it for something else.
Terror with a Launch Bay as defensive carrier
Though I am still considering switching the Zzap on the Terror for a second Launch Bay, but that would push its cost to 171points and reduce my overall damage.
Full Evil Sunz Clan Favour, but the defensive carrier could work with Da Bad Moon Clan too.

It's basically standing around, shoot them with your Zzaps, throw out Torpedoes and use the Trakktors to throw them into your Torpedoes or for ramming actions
I play Orkz to collect all those salty Imperial tears
#FeelsWaaaghBoss

Crnyo

Postby Crnyo » 21 June 2016, 20:32

Yup max-zzap Orks with speed debuffs are the way to go. I use Goff favor to counter AP fleets.

Imperials can't outgun you at range because you are using lances + facing them with armored prow.
If they try to close-range brawl with AP then you go for rams.
Funny thing is you shouldn't be the one to rush when playing against imps, just zzap them and let them come to you. Makes it easier to ram them. AP fleets? Piece of cake.

Chaos can't outrun you and if they go Nurgle AP fleet you ram them.

As usual only faction which will give you hard time are Eldar because Voidstalker
Weirdboyz iz the new WAAAGH

Bludfist

Postby Bludfist » 21 June 2016, 21:08

do none of the opponents you play vs not know how to use HET or AAF?

Getting around an ork ships prow is not hard...

Spartan-089

Postby Spartan-089 » 21 June 2016, 21:42

Why do they keep nerfing orks is beyond me, Belt Armor was absolutely mandatory for all ork ships and was always my first upgrade. Losing your deck on an ork ship makes it worthless, might as well consider the ship dead. If the Zzap tower benifited from zzap upgrades it woukd be decent, but they dont. Why couldn't they just replace extra armor like everyone else got. Why do they keep doing this, I was excited for the update and now I just don't want to play this game anymore.
Kommando Blitza is da most kunning and savage ork there iz.

Orkz iz okay

Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Imperator5 » 21 June 2016, 23:40

A 270 degree zapp is nice. Especially on a Basha it helps melt marines if they get close.

But yeah the orks may need some love. OR more custom points.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

BrianDavion

Postby BrianDavion » 22 June 2016, 00:02

Kustomization points are a band aid fix for the most part, the reality is that they'd be less needed if Orks didn't have certain weapons that just underperformed for their points.

Return to “Ork Pirate Fleets”