Ork status post SM patch

Wot is da best way to blow up gitz? DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA!
Crnyo

Re: Ork status post SM patch

Postby Crnyo » 22 June 2016, 05:15

Bludfist wrote:do none of the opponents you play vs not know how to use HET or AAF?

Getting around an ork ships prow is not hard...

Well 7 zzap guns tend to screw up attempts at advance maneuvering
And that was before the update, gotta check out that new weirdboy tower
Weirdboyz iz the new WAAAGH

Sagranda

Postby Sagranda » 22 June 2016, 08:40

Bludfist wrote:do none of the opponents you play vs not know how to use HET or AAF?

Getting around an ork ships prow is not hard...

Slow upgrade, Improved Rotation, 270° firing arc Zzaps help (only the prow Zapp has 90°) and Trakktor Kannonz to throw them around help with that
I play Orkz to collect all those salty Imperial tears
#FeelsWaaaghBoss

Ahzek Ahriman

Postby Ahzek Ahriman » 22 June 2016, 22:07

Bludfist wrote:Also with the loss of belt armor blood axe favor is even less viable becuase you can no longer guarantee minimum 2 shots with the nova kannonz

But I thought belt armour did not protect from Nova backfire blowing up the prow? Belt armour protects engines/generator/deck only.
I'm not an ork player but I find it weird to say the least that they no longer have belt armour. It seems absolutely essential for the most close quarter oriented faction that's all about ramming, boarding and overall meleeing the hell out of your enemy. Especially since orkz are known to solve most of their problems with MOAHR DAKKA and more metal plates.
The sentence below is true
Spoiler : :
The sentence above is false

oldman

Postby oldman » 23 June 2016, 09:45

Ahzek Ahriman wrote:
Bludfist wrote:Also with the loss of belt armor blood axe favor is even less viable becuase you can no longer guarantee minimum 2 shots with the nova kannonz

But I thought belt armour did not protect from Nova backfire blowing up the prow? Belt armour protects engines/generator/deck only.
I'm not an ork player but I find it weird to say the least that they no longer have belt armour. It seems absolutely essential for the most close quarter oriented faction that's all about ramming, boarding and overall meleeing the hell out of your enemy. Especially since orkz are known to solve most of their problems with MOAHR DAKKA and more metal plates.

Not so strange if you look from the persepctive that belt armor is a RELIABILITY upgrade (not really an armor upgrade) and Orks are not supposed to be reliable.

Orks should change the hull upgrade into soemthign with more hull than other races. They shoudlnot be reliable but should take loooong to go down.

Scorch715

Postby Scorch715 » 23 June 2016, 10:15

oldman wrote:
Not so strange if you look from the persepctive that belt armor is a RELIABILITY upgrade (not really an armor upgrade) and Orks are not supposed to be reliable.

Orks should change the hull upgrade into soemthign with more hull than other races. They shoudlnot be reliable but should take loooong to go down.

Given that Orks already have way more hitpoints than the other races and decent armour, they really don't need any more

Bludfist

Postby Bludfist » 23 June 2016, 10:37

oldman wrote:

Their needs to be a point where you need to step away from lore for the sake of balance, you cannot design a faction to be inherently unreliable and the expect that faction to be competetive vs those that are consistent preformance.

unreliability is one of the major reasons that lotsa gunz are so bad with its any where from 2 -6 shots and why kannonz are prefered because of their much more consistent dps

People don't want to rely on randumb chance, cause at that point your relying more on luck than your skill as a player

If the devs are willing to break from TT and lore on other instances, the then they should do so here as well
Chaos walking into Aldorf be like

oldman

Postby oldman » 23 June 2016, 10:57

Bludfist wrote:
oldman wrote:

Their needs to be a point where you need to step away from lore for the sake of balance, you cannot design a faction to be inherently unreliable and the expect that faction to be competetive vs those that are consistent preformance.

unreliability is one of the major reasons that lotsa gunz are so bad with its any where from 2 -6 shots and why kannonz are prefered because of their much more consistent dps

People don't want to rely on randumb chance, cause at that point your relying more on luck than your skill as a player

If the devs are willing to break from TT and lore on other instances, the then they should do so here as well

Well I alwasy saw and took Orks in Any WH40k game as a Fun oriented not competitive oriented faction. SO I have always taken radomness as a price that is repayed with more fun. If I had to bet my life in a 40k tabletop match I would never ever chose ORks as my faction, but if the idea was to laugh as much as I could... sure.. why not?

Bludfist

Postby Bludfist » 23 June 2016, 13:31

oldman wrote:
Well I alwasy saw and took Orks in Any WH40k game as a Fun oriented not competitive oriented faction. SO I have always taken radomness as a price that is repayed with more fun. If I had to bet my life in a 40k tabletop match I would never ever chose ORks as my faction, but if the idea was to laugh as much as I could... sure.. why not?

Perhaps that is he diffrence between you and me, while you are ok with the orks being good for only a giggle i am not.

Call me cynical if you wish but after buring such a hole in my wallet buying all the models, toiling at building an painting them i am not satisfied having an army that is extreamly point inefficient with overpriced units among other things

So no im not satisfied with an army that i burned $100+ plus the time to build and and paint so that i can have a giggle

I want to be as vible and competitive as those space marines the GW keeps pushing out 5 codex's for every 1 that we get :x
Chaos walking into Aldorf be like

oldman

Postby oldman » 23 June 2016, 15:25

Bludfist wrote:
oldman wrote:

Perhaps that is he diffrence between you and me, while you are ok with the orks being good for only a giggle i am not.

Call me cynical if you wish but after buring such a hole in my wallet buying all the models, toiling at building an painting them i am not satisfied having an army that is extreamly point inefficient with overpriced units among other things

So no im not satisfied with an army that i burned $100+ plus the time to build and and paint so that i can have a giggle

I want to be as vible and competitive as those space marines the GW keeps pushing out 5 codex's for every 1 that we get :x

Well maybe because since GW does not sell the models to brazil (only the codex.. I know who had this idea? ) we use cheap proxies and we avoid some of this monetary frustration :P

Return to “Ork Pirate Fleets”