Zzap speed debuff

Wot is da best way to blow up gitz? DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA!
Crnyo

Zzap speed debuff

Postby Crnyo » 14 June 2016, 15:21

Are you Ork players satisfied with Zzap?

I did some calculations and it takes 4 Zzap guns to catch up with 188 ship(like Chaos battlecruiser) and 6 Zzap guns to catch up with 225 Chaos lightcruiser/Slaughter.

I like the idea of Zzap reducing speed, but 50% speed debuff for 2 seconds hardly seems like an adequate replacement for loss of Taunt (at least on paper).
Weirdboyz iz the new WAAAGH

Cryhavok

Re: Zzap speed debuff

Postby Cryhavok » 14 June 2016, 16:13

I think it should last longer.
Do you hear the voices too?!?

Pile_O_Gunz

Postby Pile_O_Gunz » 14 June 2016, 17:18

No it still sucks.it was never a replacement for taunt as you need to change your ships role to long range support to use it.

If they hadn't messed with the rest of Orks and just buffed Zzap to what it is now it would of been an improvement. but when you factor in the other changes and ask does it compensate for the removal of taunt ? No.

tabbehim

Postby tabbehim » 14 June 2016, 17:31

seriously no, 2 second speed debuff is Nothing, plus, stack 6 Zzap? Too much and that haven't the rate of fire to be efficient.
so, except the capacity of bypass shield and holofield, it's a medium weapon.

remember that ork should be a close combat faction, not a sniper faction.
Fun first :lol:

Bludfist

Postby Bludfist » 14 June 2016, 17:36

tabbehim wrote:seriously no, 2 second speed debuff is Nothing, plus, stack 6 Zzap? Too much and that haven't the rate of fire to be efficient.
so, except the capacity of bypass shield and holofield, it's a medium weapon.

remember that ork should be a close combat faction, not a sniper faction.

And were not even a good close combat faction anymore due to the botched removal of AP rounds

Have you guys noticed an increased frequency of critical hits? Ive noticed a lot more fires
Chaos walking into Aldorf be like
Spoiler : :

tabbehim

Postby tabbehim » 14 June 2016, 17:47

Bludfist wrote:And were not even a good close combat faction anymore due to the botched removal of AP rounds

Have you guys noticed an increased frequency of critical hits? Ive noticed a lot more fires

that's why I wrote "should be" ;)

yep, now, ork's ship without the perk for reduce the fire on board is a dead junk ^^

and for the main topic, because of the nerf of all other weapon and the fire punishement, I play ork now at 12K.....Zzap + torpedo + fighter + some other stuff when they are too close....and win with this crapy technic :(
I don't have the feeling of playing ork like before (Brainless whagg and laugh even if I lose because of ork way of "think")
Fun first :lol:

Return to “Ork Pirate Fleets”