Choas, so what do you do now

Share your heretic strategies. Death to the false Emperor!
MagickalHack
(Former) Technical Tester

Re: Choas, so what do you do now

Postby MagickalHack » 17 March 2016, 16:48

Imperator5 wrote:
MagickalHack wrote:
Vind wrote:Fixing assault boats ruined usual boarding and now assassination mode almost impossible to win. 40% base chance to board via lightning strike is too low. Seriously buffing all troops to 60 was bad mistake. We cant do enough hull damage due to slow macro and lance batteries and we cant board now. Imperium ftw with nova cannon ontop.

Wrong. I play a chaos carrier fleet, and I still have a positive w/l ratio.

Colcut wrote:so i am getting fed up with nova spam and with the nerf bat swung clearly in chaos' direction, what tactics are you using now.

There are some missions like assassination and data recovery, where chaos can burst someone. But realistically, i cannot win a fight i with similar forces. So what is everyone doing?

I think you need to look at your tactics. Yeah, we got hit with a nerf bat, but crying poor pity me isn't going to help anything. Either adjust your tactic, make an actual suggestion of how to fix the issue, or just stop whining.

Do I think boarding needs work? Oh hells yeah I do. I am not pleased with what has been done; but I still make my tactics work by adjusting them to how the game works.

Could you write up a guide to your tactics please? I'm sure chaos players would appreciate it.

Carrier guide as requested.
My Assault Boats bring all the boys to the yard...

Chaos Carrier Fleet guide

EET: We treat bugs like Pokemon.

Larkis

Postby Larkis » 18 March 2016, 09:05

Il like that boarding with boardingships is much more important now. :) But i can understand it hard to do für chaotics. :shock:

Lucifronsun

Postby Lucifronsun » 18 March 2016, 09:52

Zephyranthes wrote:
VanHoven wrote:

take a look at the thread i posted, i and some others are convinced the tooltips are off, and basically the damage given in the tooltip counts for every little turret thing you see on your ship. so a module of the despoiler's macro cannon broadside weapons consists of 12 turrets firing a 3 dmg shell every 6 seconds. same goes for imperium of course, for example the dominator firing 4 dmg 18 shots with 1 macro cannon broadside module.

EDIT: link to the dpm excel sheet thread viewtopic.php?f=3&t=916

Oh god I don't think I can deal with inaccurate tooltips and iffy information on what ships do what lol. If the Desolator has a 270 arc on her lances then I suddenly really want one lol.

Take what he has to say with a grain of salt, he's running purely off cunjecture for some things. From what I've heard the despoiler is bugged and has 270* rotation on lances, which is obviously not intended.

Colcut wrote:so i am getting fed up with nova spam and with the nerf bat swung clearly in chaos' direction, what tactics are you using now.

There are some missions like assassination and data recovery, where chaos can burst someone. But realistically, i cannot win a fight i with similar forces. So what is everyone doing?

Same thing I've been doing from the start, long range beam boating. Desolator and x2 acheron is my typical 600 point setup, though I wish the desolator didn't have such a mediocre damage output. The acheron actually outdamages the desolator on a broadside, and the desolator doesn't even get a real prow weapon.

Carl

Postby Carl » 18 March 2016, 12:05

Take what he has to say with a grain of salt, he's running purely off conjecture for some things. From what I've heard the despoiler is bugged and has 270* rotation on lances, which is obviously not intended.

Actually thats exactly how they are in tabletop and so far every weapon that is present between the two has the same firing arcs. Same deal with the battlecruiser dorsal lance turrets for chaos. Tooltip says fixed forward, actual and TT are 270.

Adrmial Seraph

Postby Adrmial Seraph » 18 March 2016, 13:22

I play the same carrier fleet, the massive nerf bat hurt but it didn't totally kill the build. The heavy lances+11 ordinance bay still work well. My ability to survive nova spam has deminished severely though with Void Transfer not being as good.

VanHoven

Postby VanHoven » 18 March 2016, 13:44

Lucifronsun wrote:
Zephyranthes wrote:
VanHoven wrote:

take a look at the thread i posted, i and some others are convinced the tooltips are off, and basically the damage given in the tooltip counts for every little turret thing you see on your ship. so a module of the despoiler's macro cannon broadside weapons consists of 12 turrets firing a 3 dmg shell every 6 seconds. same goes for imperium of course, for example the dominator firing 4 dmg 18 shots with 1 macro cannon broadside module.

EDIT: link to the dpm excel sheet thread viewtopic.php?f=3&t=916

Oh god I don't think I can deal with inaccurate tooltips and iffy information on what ships do what lol. If the Desolator has a 270 arc on her lances then I suddenly really want one lol.

Take what he has to say with a grain of salt, he's running purely off cunjecture for some things. From what I've heard the despoiler is bugged and has 270* rotation on lances, which is obviously not intended.

Same thing I've been doing from the start, long range beam boating. Desolator and x2 acheron is my typical 600 point setup, though I wish the desolator didn't have such a mediocre damage output. The acheron actually outdamages the desolator on a broadside, and the desolator doesn't even get a real prow weapon.

Hihi, still not convinced, eh? it's not that i'm alone with this point of view, and that it also exactly explains the damage values you see in game but ok. We will see when the game is out and everything is eyplained better. if i''m wrong i'll apologize, promise :D i have explained over and over again why i came to my conclusions, and that it's not out of thin air. i hope you will have the integrity to do the same, with all your picky and hostile comments.

Lucifronsun

Postby Lucifronsun » 18 March 2016, 16:00

VanHoven wrote:Hihi, still not convinced, eh? it's not that i'm alone with this point of view, and that it also exactly explains the damage values you see in game but ok. We will see when the game is out and everything is eyplained better. if i''m wrong i'll apologize, promise :D i have explained over and over again why i came to my conclusions, and that it's not out of thin air. i hope you will have the integrity to do the same, with all your picky and hostile comments.

Oh it's you again, I was simply warning the guy to be careful with information that deals with things that are unconfirmed. I'm not being "picky" or "hostile" toward anyone, but you seem to be rather insistent on playing victim. So I'm simply not going to acknowledge your existence anymore, that way no one has any issues.

Return to “Chaos Warfleet”