which chaos marks do you use?

Share your heretic strategies. Death to the false Emperor!
danny.slag

which chaos marks do you use?

Postby danny.slag » 16 March 2016, 19:15

I'm having trouble with the usage of chaos marks.

I feel like the marks are completely counter to the design of the ships and am hard pressed to use them properly.

Khorne and Nurgle marks are for close range, which is a death sentence for chaos that is designed to be the exact opposite of that. Slaanesh i'm not sure i really understand. Tzeetch is the only one that sounds useful but that's the one i haven't personally tried so i'm shooting in the dark there.

What marks are you guys using and what tactics do you use with them?

Wolfie

Re: which chaos marks do you use?

Postby Wolfie » 16 March 2016, 19:31

Khorne works on Carriers as well hence that's why it gets used by me.

Bludfist

Postby Bludfist » 16 March 2016, 19:32

i see a lot of MoN slaughter cruisers with micro jumps

I really dont see the purpose of MoS

i saw people put MoK on carriers for assualt boats but it was bugged and made weapons dissappear and furthermore with assault nerfs i dont know if its worth it

MoT seems pretty situational , i havet experimented with it
Chaos walking into Aldorf be like
Spoiler : :

Carl

Postby Carl » 16 March 2016, 19:39

As far as i know troop values are strictly defensive so Khorne has no effect on carriers assault boats.

Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Imperator5 » 16 March 2016, 19:47

Tzeeentch is PVP only, otherwise I go for Nurgle, its great against assault spam and can help Chaos when imperials get too close.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

danny.slag

Postby danny.slag » 16 March 2016, 19:48

Carl wrote:As far as i know troop values are strictly defensive so Khorne has no effect on carriers assault boats.

That's what i've heard also. troop value doesn't impact your boarding chances on attack so the mark of khorne and nurgle do nothing for your assault craft.

Zephyranthes

Postby Zephyranthes » 16 March 2016, 20:14

danny.slag wrote:
Carl wrote:As far as i know troop values are strictly defensive so Khorne has no effect on carriers assault boats.

That's what i've heard also. troop value doesn't impact your boarding chances on attack so the mark of khorne and nurgle do nothing for your assault craft.
That would be... horribly stupid. :/ I currently use 2 Nurgle marked CVs, not that I let anything get close to me but if the troop bonus isn't affecting my assault boats, there isn't much a point in this favor either.

Currently praying to the dark gods that Eldar ships are enjoyable lol. RIP chaos 2016 - 2016

VanHoven

Postby VanHoven » 16 March 2016, 20:21

mark of nurgle is really nice, for reasons stated above. also the cloud which adds 3 damage per second is nothing to sneeze at, when you take into consideration that your unupgraded typical cruiser does 4 to 8 dps.

In my opinion chaos isnt that bad at brawling, take the carnage cruiser for example. its macro cannon dps matches the imperials, go for ignore armor under 3k with it and it will wreck faces. up close you are nearly immune to their assault actions, especially after the today's patch which further increases your resistance to assault actionsby 10%.

Since you have the superior speed its more likely that you can out maneuver the imperial fleet and position your ships in a way you can combine your fire effectively, while he can't. also, disengaging is more easy. and since you are in a brawl, effective use of the novacannon is more difficult for him.

Sure, it's not what is stated as chaos' strength, but give it a try :)

Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Imperator5 » 16 March 2016, 20:30

VanHoven wrote:mark of nurgle is really nice, for reasons stated above. also the cloud which adds 3 damage per second is nothing to sneeze at, when you take into consideration that your unupgraded typical cruiser does 4 to 8 dps.

In my opinion chaos isnt that bad at brawling, take the carnage cruiser for example. its macro cannon dps matches the imperials, go for ignore armor under 3k with it and it will wreck faces. up close you are nearly immune to their assault actions, especially after the today's patch which further increases your resistance to assault actionsby 10%.

Since you have the superior speed its more likely that you can out maneuver the imperial fleet and position your ships in a way you can combine your fire effectively, while he can't. also, disengaging is more easy. and since you are in a brawl, effective use of the novacannon is more difficult for him.

Actually, this is what the Slaughter SHOULD be doing, as it is niched into this brawler lore. Otherwise, good ideas.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

danny.slag

Postby danny.slag » 16 March 2016, 20:32

VanHoven wrote:mark of nurgle is really nice, for reasons stated above. also the cloud which adds 3 damage per second is nothing to sneeze at, when you take into consideration that your unupgraded typical cruiser does 4 to 8 dps.

Thank you, i'll make a new fleet and give that a go. I briefly tried a chaos gun fleet and as soon as i would get under 6k range my ships would melt hilariously fast but I don't think i tried a carnage.

Return to “Chaos Warfleet”