Macro Cannons vs. Lances, a Chaos Fleet view and some (a lot of) numbers

Share your heretic strategies. Death to the false Emperor!
Jectulg
Posts: 226
Joined: 14 February 2016, 18:50
Contact:

Re: Macro Cannons vs. Lances, a Chaos Fleet view and some (a lot of) numbers

Postby Jectulg » 15 March 2016, 00:50

Lucifronsun wrote:
There are 6 turrets on each side of the despoiler with 2 barrels each. on prow turrets each barrel has its own attack. i suppose that its the same with the broadside turrets, its just a wrong tooltip. so its 12 shots a 3 damage every 6 seconds, 12 x 3 = 36 /6 = 7.


The despoiler doesn't have broadside lances. It has prow mounted lances that do 6 dps under ideal conditions, which is very very rare for a 90 degree prow weapon. And if you don't mind, please provide the source of your information that states the tooltips are wrong.

What ship are you even talking about? None of the chaos battleships have 270 degree prow lances.

If you observe the Despoiler its light prow lances are actually 270. You see this by click on one in battle and hovering over the weapon where it shows the actual arc. Also it is 1dps/ turret and 4 for the super heavy lance (which is only 90) for a total of 3 dps 270, and 7 dps forward.

Light prow lance has 4 dmg, 2 shots, and 8 sec reload. Super heavy prow has 8 dmg, 4 shots, and 8 rec reload.

User avatar
Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester
Posts: 3063
Joined: 22 December 2015, 07:46
Contact:

Re: Macro Cannons vs. Lances, a Chaos Fleet view and some (a lot of) numbers

Postby Imperator5 » 15 March 2016, 00:53

VanHoven wrote:yep, that kinda occured to me too. okay, the retribution has double range, but macro cannons really suck beyond 9k range so its not really that important. the devs must value torpedos really high. i've read that in the alpha and last test torpedos were much stronger, maybe that explains it.


They were much better in Alpha, but not in CTT I think.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

VanHoven
Posts: 465
Joined: 13 March 2016, 19:49
Contact:

Re: Macro Cannons vs. Lances, a Chaos Fleet view and some (a lot of) numbers

Postby VanHoven » 15 March 2016, 00:54

Oh hey its you again. silly me thinking you had enough. to quote wikipedia:

" Constructive criticism is the process of offering valid and well-reasoned opinions about the work of others, usually involving both positive and negative comments, in a friendly manner rather than an oppositional one. The purpose of 'constructive criticism is to improve the outcome. In collaborative work, this kind of criticism is a valuable tool in raising and maintaining performance standards."

and further: "In an online forum lacking face-to-face contact, constructive criticism is rare. People criticize the style of writing and grammar, and based on that often make assumptions about the person. They write without consideration for how their opinion will be received, which is not consistent with the idea of constructive criticism. Effective interpersonal communication skills can be helpful to assess the recipient's frame of mind."

Soo.... yeah... maybe you should rethink some of your opinions before you try to lecture people.

and i edited my post a second late seeing my hickup getting the desolator and despoiler confused. i allready wrote what led me to the conclusion that each turret fires twice, because on every prow turret each barrel has a seperate attack. the top mountd small prow turrets have a 270° firing arc, as you can see in the little diagram befor the battle starts for each weapon. they got that wrong on another chaos cruiser too. so thats another reason why to mistrust the tooltips.

Lucifronsun
Posts: 406
Joined: 13 March 2016, 01:41
Contact:

Re: Macro Cannons vs. Lances, a Chaos Fleet view and some (a lot of) numbers

Postby Lucifronsun » 15 March 2016, 01:13

VanHoven wrote:Oh hey its you again. silly me thinking you had enough. to quote wikipedia:

" Constructive criticism is the process of offering valid and well-reasoned opinions about the work of others, usually involving both positive and negative comments, in a friendly manner rather than an oppositional one. The purpose of 'constructive criticism is to improve the outcome. In collaborative work, this kind of criticism is a valuable tool in raising and maintaining performance standards."


Which is precisely what happened. Except you got mad about it.

Soo.... yeah... maybe you should rethink some of your opinions before you try to lecture people.


Irony Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

and i edited my post a second late seeing my hickup getting the desolator and despoiler confused. i allready wrote what led me to the conclusion that each turret fires twice, because on every prow turret each barrel has a seperate attack.


Many prow weapons have more than one attack at a time, it says so right there on the tooltip. The art may or may not be accurate, but the appearance of the weapon is irrelevant, it's just how many attacks the devs want that weapon to shoot.

the top mountd small prow turrets have a 270° firing arc, as you can see in the little diagram befor the battle starts for each weapon. they got that wrong on another chaos cruiser too. so thats another reason why to mistrust the tooltips.


Turret is an in game classification for a specific kind of weapon with the 270* firing arc. That only applies to the turret weapons, and not anything else. Or at least, it should not, if it does, then you've just found a bug.

Jectulg wrote:
Lucifronsun wrote:
There are 6 turrets on each side of the despoiler with 2 barrels each. on prow turrets each barrel has its own attack. i suppose that its the same with the broadside turrets, its just a wrong tooltip. so its 12 shots a 3 damage every 6 seconds, 12 x 3 = 36 /6 = 7.


The despoiler doesn't have broadside lances. It has prow mounted lances that do 6 dps under ideal conditions, which is very very rare for a 90 degree prow weapon. And if you don't mind, please provide the source of your information that states the tooltips are wrong.

What ship are you even talking about? None of the chaos battleships have 270 degree prow lances.

If you observe the Despoiler its light prow lances are actually 270. You see this by click on one in battle and hovering over the weapon where it shows the actual arc. Also it is 1dps/ turret and 4 for the super heavy lance (which is only 90) for a total of 3 dps 270, and 7 dps forward.

Light prow lance has 4 dmg, 2 shots, and 8 sec reload. Super heavy prow has 8 dmg, 4 shots, and 8 rec reload.


So there's a bug going on then, the prow lances are obviously not supposed to have that firing arc.

VanHoven
Posts: 465
Joined: 13 March 2016, 19:49
Contact:

Re: Macro Cannons vs. Lances, a Chaos Fleet view and some (a lot of) numbers

Postby VanHoven » 15 March 2016, 01:19

You really are a special kind of person :) come on, admit it: i was right and you... not. you will realize it after some time. better to get over it now, it's only getting worse :) I'm going to bed now with a good laugh ;) thanks for the amusement you silly man you. silly in the good way ofcourse! best of evenings ~~

p.s.: uh and look at edits, you'll find something special riiiight for you there :*

Lucifronsun
Posts: 406
Joined: 13 March 2016, 01:41
Contact:

Re: Macro Cannons vs. Lances, a Chaos Fleet view and some (a lot of) numbers

Postby Lucifronsun » 15 March 2016, 01:28

VanHoven wrote:You really are a special kind of person :) come on, admit it: i was right and you... not. you will realize it after some time. better to get over it now, it's only getting worse :) I'm going to bed now with a good laugh ;) thanks for the amusement you silly man you. silly in the good way ofcourse! best of evenings ~~

p.s.: uh and look at edits, you'll find something special riiiight for you there :*


Now I hate to be making off topic posts for personal reasons, but I'll make an exception here.

Being a passive aggressive ass, and proudly proclaiming yourself right despite evidence to the contrary, is not going to get you anywhere. Not to mention, it only detracts from your argument, our ability to take you seriously, and your worth as a person.

warlock00
Posts: 39
Joined: 06 February 2016, 06:48
Contact:

Re: Macro Cannons vs. Lances, a Chaos Fleet view and some (a lot of) numbers

Postby warlock00 » 15 March 2016, 03:56

Lances don't always do damage.
In TT they did damage 50% of the time. "Any dice which score a 4,5 or 6 hit the target regardless of the target's Armour value"
In this computer game it appears they do damage more often than 50% but not always from painfully watching in slow motion and watching the hull damage.

Lucifronsun
Posts: 406
Joined: 13 March 2016, 01:41
Contact:

Re: Macro Cannons vs. Lances, a Chaos Fleet view and some (a lot of) numbers

Postby Lucifronsun » 15 March 2016, 04:10

warlock00 wrote:Lances don't always do damage.
In TT they did damage 50% of the time. "Any dice which score a 4,5 or 6 hit the target regardless of the target's Armour value"
In this computer game it appears they do damage more often than 50% but not always from painfully watching in slow motion and watching the hull damage.


They always hit here, and I believe they ignore armor completely. But then again it says reduces armor to a minimal value in the tooltip, so either the tooltip is wrong, or there's a very small chance of lances being blocked, something like 1-5% chance.

So they more or less always hit and do damage, but lance damage itself is somewhat low before upgrades, then it turns into moderate amounts of damage.

The damage is also not consistent between boats, so some are better than others.


Return to “Chaos Warfleet”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron