Hybrid weaponry, and chaos ship weapon gripes

Share your heretic strategies. Death to the false Emperor!
VanHoven

Re: Hybrid weaponry, and chaos ship weapon gripes

Postby VanHoven » 14 March 2016, 16:48

Lucifronsun wrote:
VanHoven wrote:I clearly stated the lance dps vs macro dps, u clearly dont want to read what i write and only get out of it what you want to. i allready stated that i over exagerated the macro canon dps by a great deal, but you also underestimated it. why so grumpy friend?

Oh did you? I was typing that post for a good bit, I hadn't seen any. That and your posts needs spacing, makes them needlessly difficult to read, and me less inclined to read them.

And no, I did not underestimate it. You're free to check the math, using the same procedures I used, you will come to the exact same conclusion. Lance and macro, I'm correct.

The numbers dont lie.

uh you're a smart one, don't you? i know, so talking and explaining how i came to my conclusions won't work, have a good one :=)

Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Imperator5 » 14 March 2016, 17:08

VanHoven wrote:
Lucifronsun wrote:
VanHoven wrote:I clearly stated the lance dps vs macro dps, u clearly dont want to read what i write and only get out of it what you want to. i allready stated that i over exagerated the macro canon dps by a great deal, but you also underestimated it. why so grumpy friend?

Oh did you? I was typing that post for a good bit, I hadn't seen any. That and your posts needs spacing, makes them needlessly difficult to read, and me less inclined to read them.

And no, I did not underestimate it. You're free to check the math, using the same procedures I used, you will come to the exact same conclusion. Lance and macro, I'm correct.

The numbers dont lie.

uh you're a smart one, don't you? i know, so talking and explaining how i came to my conclusions won't work, have a good one :=)

Bad spelling and acting rude will not win many arguments here.

I think most macrocannon and hybrid issues could be fixed with better macrocannon accuracy for imperials, chaos and eldar.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

Lucifronsun

Postby Lucifronsun » 14 March 2016, 22:23

VanHoven wrote: uh you're a smart one, don't you?

What?

i know, so talking and explaining how i came to my conclusions won't work, have a good one :=)

Rude copout answers are tantamount to admitting you're wrong. You've obviously been doing something wrong, as seen by your "20 dps macro cannon" argument from earlier, that I had to explain was horribly wrong.

i imagine you took the tooltips as they are, so for the battleship 3 batteries per side doing 3 macro cannon damage every 6 seconds. That is wrong.

The tooltip says 6 turrets, each firing 5 shots that do 3 damage each every 6 seconds.

But you are correct about one thing, I was indeed mistaken with my macro cannon dps. It seems I was rendered momentarily retarded by my sleep deprivation.

6 macro cannons firing 5 shots each = 30 shots per volley, 10 volleys per minute = 300 shots per minute doing 3 damage = 900

900 x 0.4 = 360 x 0.5 = 180 divided by 60 = 3 dps, indeed matching the lance, for a wholesome 6 dps, with 3 of it being very inconsistent and taking up upgrade slots.

i imagine that the accuracy upgrade makes it that your aim at 6k is80%, 9k 60% and so on, but still i think going over 9k range is a waste. that means that macro cannons with a range further than 6k unbuffed are quite useless

I used 40% accuracy to determine broadside dps, as optimal chaos range is the distance you can shoot people without getting shot, which is generally over 9k.

go macro cannons if you want to fight in very close engagements.

Why would people want close engagements as chaos? Outside of nurgle carrier spam and ramming, no reason at all.

unbuffed the dps of the bs at 9k range would be, including enemy armor of 50%, be around and slightly lower than 2 dps (7 dps with 40% hit rate 50% negated) plus the constant 7 lance dps so in total at around 9

6 lances doing 3 damage each, every 6 seconds. 6 x 3 = 18 damage per volley x 10 volleys per minute = 180 damage per minute.

180 divided by 60 = 3 dps
Last edited by Lucifronsun on 14 March 2016, 23:36, edited 1 time in total.

Drang

Postby Drang » 15 March 2016, 00:51

Actually, most of the weapons loadouts are fairly accurate, except for the Ordnance Bays, where the fleet Carriers need twice as many.
"Damn the torpedoes - forward!"

Mikeloeven

Postby Mikeloeven » 15 March 2016, 01:33

I would like to see ship weapons more configurable. I doubt it would take the slaves/cultists very long to swap out weapon batteries. assuming you have a place to dock between battles

Lucifronsun

Postby Lucifronsun » 15 March 2016, 02:31

Mikeloeven wrote:I would like to see ship weapons more configurable. I doubt it would take the slaves/cultists very long to swap out weapon batteries. assuming you have a place to dock between battles

From what I've been told, that's probably not going to happen unless GW lets it happen, unfortunately. The developers were told everything needs to be as much like the tabletop as possible.

But anyway, these weapons are absolutely massive and mounted into the ship itself, you'd need access to a shipyard for that kind of work. That and the tech priests get pissy when people try to change their most holy machinery.

Return to “Chaos Warfleet”