I'm inducing rage quits... What should I do?

Share your heretic strategies. Death to the false Emperor!
Demoulius
Posts: 690
Joined: 16 February 2016, 08:15
Contact:

Re: I'm inducing rage quits... What should I do?

Postby Demoulius » 11 March 2016, 18:10

To be fair, that sounds like an incredibly ANNOYING tactic to run into :lol:

That said, it uses the fleets strengths and requires expensive upgrades so a viable tactic imho :geek:

User avatar
Alexi_Menser
Community Moderator
Posts: 539
Joined: 23 October 2015, 08:48
Location: New South Wales, Australia
Contact:

Re: I'm inducing rage quits... What should I do?

Postby Alexi_Menser » 12 March 2016, 00:06

Spoor wrote:I feel like I met your light cruiser fleet in battle.. to our mutual dissapointment.
Whoever it was, he used chaos light cruiser superior mobility to constantly being out of range and detection, the result was an inability of both sides to do any significant damage. The round have ended by time limit/
My personal opinion - it is valid tactic, but it is a timewasting for both parties.... although I understand that to win with a chaos ligt cruisers against an impirial fleet is VERY challenging


I'm the only one running this fleet set up so yes it was me.

And It's no longer an issue. I just equip a ship with the beacon ability and once I drop it inside the nebula my opponents have nowhere to hide. (and as I can drop it from a considerable distance away, it means I can relentlessly rain lance weapons down on my opponents and do the consistent damage I get against players who don't hide in a nebula)

You likely fought me early on when I was still ironing out the strategy. It's at a point now where either way a fight will be forced on my opponent whether they want it or not. And I now will do damage for as long as I keep a cool head on my shoulders.



Although this is starting not to matter as I keep getting put into 600 point Space Station Assault missions as the attacker and promptly have my fleet crushed by the station...
Wit Beyond Measure Is Man's Greatest Treasure

User avatar
Alexi_Menser
Community Moderator
Posts: 539
Joined: 23 October 2015, 08:48
Location: New South Wales, Australia
Contact:

Re: I'm inducing rage quits... What should I do?

Postby Alexi_Menser » 12 March 2016, 00:08

Spoor wrote:to be honset, imperials just seems more powerful right now.. what i mean as 'time wasting' is a zero sum game, when stealth chaos fleet not going to close in, and imperials are competent enough to avoid rage charges. Back in the days I was myself a big adept of "small victories" tactics on table top, including total disangage after cliping out a pair of ships etc, so being elusieve is totaly ok by me, but a possible stalmate is a problem...


By using certain skills I can now avoid the occurrence of these zero sum games. They may take longer than an average match, but if someone wants to try and camp they will quickly find themselves on the receiving end of my lance batteries.
Wit Beyond Measure Is Man's Greatest Treasure

User avatar
BrianDavion
Posts: 1017
Joined: 12 March 2016, 02:32
Contact:

Re: I'm inducing rage quits... What should I do?

Postby BrianDavion » 12 March 2016, 04:04

I think I ran into your stealth fleet earlier, it was actually a good game and I enjoyed it. I eventually warped out, but that was only because I was down to my last ship, and didn't really expect to be able to win, as it is the fight left us both bloodied, but it was a intreasting challange. your stealth vs my heavy nova canon build.

User avatar
Alexi_Menser
Community Moderator
Posts: 539
Joined: 23 October 2015, 08:48
Location: New South Wales, Australia
Contact:

Re: I'm inducing rage quits... What should I do?

Postby Alexi_Menser » 12 March 2016, 04:14

BrianDavion wrote:I think I ran into your stealth fleet earlier, it was actually a good game and I enjoyed it. I eventually warped out, but that was only because I was down to my last ship, and didn't really expect to be able to win, as it is the fight left us both bloodied, but it was a intreasting challange. your stealth vs my heavy nova canon build.


That was a good match, and well done on taking down my Slaughter and Hellbringer... although, did you really have shoot them down as they ran away lol?

In all seriousness though, I think that at a higher level (such as the game we had) a stealth fleet is fairer on opponents. At higher levels players will have access to ways to counter a stealth fleet (I'm looking at those Nova Cannon's...) and so the match becomes less one sided.

I might still be able to run rings around people and hit them with lances all day long, but there are tools available to counter me, be it weapons, upgrades or skills... or the player messing up with their stealth fleet.
Wit Beyond Measure Is Man's Greatest Treasure

User avatar
BrianDavion
Posts: 1017
Joined: 12 March 2016, 02:32
Contact:

Re: I'm inducing rage quits... What should I do?

Postby BrianDavion » 12 March 2016, 07:29

Alexi_Menser wrote:
BrianDavion wrote:I think I ran into your stealth fleet earlier, it was actually a good game and I enjoyed it. I eventually warped out, but that was only because I was down to my last ship, and didn't really expect to be able to win, as it is the fight left us both bloodied, but it was a intreasting challange. your stealth vs my heavy nova canon build.


That was a good match, and well done on taking down my Slaughter and Hellbringer... although, did you really have shoot them down as they ran away lol?

In all seriousness though, I think that at a higher level (such as the game we had) a stealth fleet is fairer on opponents. At higher levels players will have access to ways to counter a stealth fleet (I'm looking at those Nova Cannon's...) and so the match becomes less one sided.

I might still be able to run rings around people and hit them with lances all day long, but there are tools available to counter me, be it weapons, upgrades or skills... or the player messing up with their stealth fleet.



well we get more XP for a kill then a damage shot :)

but I agree, it's considerably easier to deal with at higher levels. elsewhere it's been observed that favor at higher classes of ships is perhaps too expensive. maybe it's worth considering leveling out the cost of favors accross classes, so it's more expensive on light cruisers, but less on large ships. 400 XP across the board maybe?

User avatar
Alexi_Menser
Community Moderator
Posts: 539
Joined: 23 October 2015, 08:48
Location: New South Wales, Australia
Contact:

Re: I'm inducing rage quits... What should I do?

Postby Alexi_Menser » 12 March 2016, 07:41

BrianDavion wrote:
well we get more XP for a kill then a damage shot :)

but I agree, it's considerably easier to deal with at higher levels. elsewhere it's been observed that favor at higher classes of ships is perhaps too expensive. maybe it's worth considering leveling out the cost of favors accross classes, so it's more expensive on light cruisers, but less on large ships. 400 XP across the board maybe?


That was the system in the CTT, but it made it hard to earn any... ugh, I had advocated a change in the favour prices and now i don't know what to say.

Someone suggested a 200-400-600-800 system which I think would be better.
Wit Beyond Measure Is Man's Greatest Treasure

Jectulg
Posts: 226
Joined: 14 February 2016, 18:50
Contact:

Re: I'm inducing rage quits... What should I do?

Postby Jectulg » 12 March 2016, 07:52

1600 Favor is a silly amount (although the renown to get to lv 9 seems sillier). Its 8 decent games with no significant loses. When I got a favor on my battleship it happen literally just after the thing finally blew up for once (sadly).

User avatar
Anuri
(Former) Technical Tester
Posts: 469
Joined: 02 February 2016, 16:10
Contact:

Re: I'm inducing rage quits... What should I do?

Postby Anuri » 12 March 2016, 09:30

It's fine as is, because once you reach level 10 and all ships of level 10 you will have those amounts of renown, it's endgame stuff. Progress is good because then you will simply start another admiral with a different roster


Return to “Chaos Warfleet”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron