Tactics: How do you deal with the Eldar?

Share your heretic strategies. Death to the false Emperor!
Cryhavok

Tactics: How do you deal with the Eldar?

Postby Cryhavok » 07 June 2016, 17:06

Currently, the eldar are considered pretty broken. They do sometimes lose though. What do you do to deal with them?

Personally, I favor carriers in my fleet over most brawlers, so my favored method is to use a combination of augur beacons, silent running, and augur disruption to give me the advantage. It allows me to force them to come closer to engage me while letting me engage them from further way. Basically, my ships are furtive unless they are very, very close, but they can see and launch attack craft at the eldar from outside their detection range.

Making them come closer is helpful to my nurgle ships in general, while reducing their detection range lets me turn furtive much easier, which helps my tzeentch ships.

What do you guys do?
Do you hear the voices too?!?

MYNAME?

Re: Tactics: How do you deal with the Eldar?

Postby MYNAME? » 07 June 2016, 17:46

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =699285728

This is a screen shot. Look at the upgrades only

If you want to put up a good fight vs Eldar put 2 Overshields and taunt.

You should go with either carnages or Hell bringers.

MoK is pretty good for the 3+ Lightning strikes
Also you want to have atleast 2 MoS to prevent them from vaulsing or using their Pulsar.

You chip at them piece by piece and only fight the eldar if you know you can kill a cruiser reliable. dont chase after eldar and dont deploy your screens just deploy bombers. Stealth is of the essence with this build. (DO NOT CHASE THE ELDAR IT IS POINTLESS)

Build is 4 stealth LCs and one stealth carnage (IF YOU HAVE THE CARNAGE) If not the Styx is a decent but still unreliable alternative. the Carnage or styx will have your beacon just tag the hardest hitting Eldar ship so you know where it is at all times.

Camo will keep you invisible pretty much the entire game. if eldar are coming pop Super Void shield it will give you one free pass and survive the first attack.

Bombers are fairly reliable if they dont bring their screens.

Other than that You have to. HAVE to invest in stealth upgrades.

Invest in in Camo and Thrust dessipators. An eldar that cant see you may tip the odds in your favor.

Stealth LC spam and 1 carnage speced to fight eldar can win you most games vs eldar players that arent cheezing the void stalker.

If you fight an eldar using Void stalker its all about luck at that point but what can you do really.. Eldar are pretty broken when they reach Battleship level.

Crnyo

Postby Crnyo » 07 June 2016, 20:21

Does MoS also stop Eldar from using their dash or whatever it is called?

In any case I'd use MWJ+taunt and ram them while having 'Brace for Impact' order issued. MoS them so they can't use their own 'Brace for Impact' to soften the ramming damage. Not sure about 1v1 but I'm fairly confident that would work well in 2v2.

PS: Extended sensor range increases your MWJ range by 50% which is really helpful against Eldar.

PPS: It would be really poetic to pwn Eldars with MoS ships.
Weirdboyz iz the new WAAAGH

MYNAME?

Postby MYNAME? » 07 June 2016, 21:23

Crnyo wrote:Does MoS also stop Eldar from using their dash or whatever it is called?

In any case I'd use MWJ+taunt and ram them while having 'Brace for Impact' order issued. MoS them so they can't use their own 'Brace for Impact' to soften the ramming damage. Not sure about 1v1 but I'm fairly confident that would work well in 2v2.

PS: Extended sensor range increases your MWJ range by 50% which is really helpful against Eldar.

MoS doesnt prevent eldar from boosting. But it prevents all abilities pulsar and vauls being the most important ones to prevent. Micro warp jump is meeh cause u cant jump close enuff... atm MoS hard counters orks and fucks with eldar big time. MoT does an ok job too.

Tam Hawkins

Postby Tam Hawkins » 08 June 2016, 10:07

MYNAME? wrote:
Crnyo wrote:Does MoS also stop Eldar from using their dash or whatever it is called?

MoS doesnt prevent eldar from boosting. But it prevents all abilities pulsar and vauls being the most important ones to prevent. Micro warp jump is meeh cause u cant jump close enuff... atm MoS hard counters orks and fucks with eldar big time. MoT does an ok job too.

MoS does prefent Eldar dash, the few times I got it on me I could do nothing at all besides slowly driving away. And a boosting Chaos ship can easily caugh up to a Eldar ship without dash (be it wasted before or MoS).

Return to “Chaos Warfleet”