Planet killer playable

Share your heretic strategies. Death to the false Emperor!
BrianDavion

Re: Planet killer playable

Postby BrianDavion » 11 May 2016, 08:52

CALiGeR190 wrote:
BrianDavion wrote:more likely she's currently serving in the armada of chaos.

She actually hasn't been sighted since, but it's likely she's fallen to Chaos... Which is exactly why I brought the whole 'legendary ship' thing being a problem for the IN.

we'll have to see how it all goes down. as it is I expect when GW reboots BFG (it's coming) we'll see stats for the Vengeful Spirit. since the old days of the original BFG that ships become WAY more important.

Mr Morden

Postby Mr Morden » 11 May 2016, 09:46

CALiGeR190 wrote:Sure...
But then what would you do for Eldar, or the IN for that matter?
You could bring a Gloriana Super Battleship for the IN, but that's dramatically bending the fluff...

Astartes have really big ships - like the flagship of the Black Templars Eternal Crusader or the moveable fortress monastries...

IN could have a Ramalies star fotress - they are warp capable afer all and would be intersting to work your strategy around a fixed station

I do have "Planet Killer" mag with stats for a Craftworld ;)

Flame of Asuryan is Prince Yriel's flagship and soemthing else that could be included
Imperial - Lady Lukara (8), Chaos - Abraxus (8), Eldar - Flower of Carnage (2) , Orks - Big Bazza (6), Wolve - Floki (6) :mrgreen:

CALiGeR190
Community Moderator

Postby CALiGeR190 » 11 May 2016, 10:00

Mr Morden wrote:Astartes have really big ships - like the flagship of the Black Templars Eternal Crusader or the moveable fortress monastries...

IN could have a Ramalies star fotress - they are warp capable afer all and would be intersting to work your strategy around a fixed station

I do have "Planet Killer" mag with stats for a Craftworld ;)

Flame of Asuryan is Prince Yriel's flagship and soemthing else that could be included

Ramalies is basically a big station, so I dunno about that... Maybe? I mean they kind of showcased the black stones in the campaign.

And the space marines are coming as thier own faction DLC.

The princes flagship I dig though.
Where's your Federation now?
-Imperial Navy

Alpha Tester - Getting the game on its feet
Technical Tester - We had to get the balance right somehow
Community Moderator - Purging spammers and maintaining the realm
BFG Wiki Founding Member

Anzor

Postby Anzor » 01 June 2016, 05:27

I'd like to see the Planet Killer added as playable, although I think it will probably be ok for balance as long as its point cost is really high and manueverability pretty subpar.

Scorch715

Postby Scorch715 » 01 June 2016, 10:37

Assuming these ships did ever become playable, the game would need a pretty substantial increase in max point limits for them to be properly included.

Still, I would love to see the sort of massive fleet actions you could create with ships like the Planet Killer at their heart

ErikModi

Postby ErikModi » 03 July 2016, 14:52

If they add Campaign modes for other factions, the Planet Killer could be a reinforcement in particular scenarios (Exterminatus!). A lower-point battle, but you get a free Planet Killer (or Blackstone Fortress) added to your fleet, and the goal would be to move the exterminatus ship to a specific point on the map where it can destroy the planet, while the enemy attempts to cripple or destroy your exterminatus ship.

So it would be like the Planet Killer/Blackstone battles in the campaign we have, just reverse the sides.

Ahzek Ahriman

Postby Ahzek Ahriman » 04 July 2016, 02:36

The problem with Planet Killer is a number of skill slots. 4 or 5 skills, add OMFG-MEGA-KABOOM-YOUR-DEAD-SUCK-THAT-DEATH-STAR ray of destruction, then Promise of Slaanesh then torpedoes if I remember well and whatever he has on to of that. When you click on Planet Killer in solo skirmish elite mode boss battle you can see he has neither CTRL-ALT-DEL-BEAM nor Promise of Slaanesh among visible (though unclickable obviously) skills.
The sentence below is true
Spoiler : :
The sentence above is false

Return to “Chaos Warfleet”