Chaos Battleships and My uses for them.

Share your heretic strategies. Death to the false Emperor!
Ahzek Ahriman

Re: Chaos Battleships and My uses for them.

Postby Ahzek Ahriman » 13 June 2016, 15:56

Bludfist wrote:at least it still puts up a better fight and is more useful than the dispoilier

You meant Desolator? Or Failbaddon the Despoiler :D
Either is useless anyway.

And yeah, with all shield upgrades/skills it is ludicrously tough, you pound its shields, oh it's overshielded now, gotta wait ten seconds. Ten seconds gone, pounding away at the shields again. About three hours later it's shields gone, pop the capacitors, 18 seconds later it's 500 shields again.
RAAAAAAAAGE
For them at least, because that Despoiler was mine actually. I would trade it for Desolator if it got speed/firepower buff though.
The sentence below is true
Spoiler : :
The sentence above is false

thatwhichlurks

Postby thatwhichlurks » 26 June 2016, 06:42

Eh, the desolator is an okay firing support battleship atm (there's one ship that's basically a cheaper variant of it) and only really useful if someone ignores it or to shield break. but the devs said that the next patch would buff the desolator's speed, still needs work on firepower in my opinion though.
"Knowledge is power, Hide it well."

Ahzek Ahriman

Postby Ahzek Ahriman » 26 June 2016, 08:16

thatwhichlurks wrote:Eh, the desolator is an okay firing support battleship atm (there's one ship that's basically a cheaper variant of it) and only really useful if someone ignores it or to shield break. but the devs said that the next patch would buff the desolator's speed, still needs work on firepower in my opinion though.

In mine too, at single broadside engagement it's basically identical to Acheron.
The sentence below is true
The sentence above is false

Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Imperator5 » 26 June 2016, 15:40

Desolator really beats up space marines, but the Acheron is just a cheaper option.

Same broadside lance power and the Desolator's torpedoes make it need to get closer to SM, never a good idea. I feel like a few additional turrets on top that did more than the current missile mortars would do it good.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

Bludfist

Postby Bludfist » 26 June 2016, 15:48

well the desolater is getting a sped buff next patch so lets hope that helps
Chaos walking into Aldorf be like

MYNAME?

Postby MYNAME? » 26 June 2016, 20:57

Bludfist wrote:well the desolater is getting a sped buff next patch so lets hope that helps

I hope it gets 188 speed... cause 175 is still shit by chaos standards and same speeds help tremendously with staying in a somewhat good formation.

thatwhichlurks

Postby thatwhichlurks » 26 June 2016, 21:28

In the TT book, the Desolator had fewer lances than the archeron, but dealt more damage. The Desolator would deal 4 damage, while the Archeron would only deal 2. In BFG:A, both deal 4 damage with lances.

RedDevilCG

Postby RedDevilCG » 26 June 2016, 23:09

Speed buff is definitely going to be nice, but I'm still not 100% sure how to build the Desolator. I tried out a more mobile build with faster turn rate, extended lance range, lance shield damage, belt armour, and extra shields. I still didn't get much out of the torpedoes as you can't use them if you're circle kiting.

Bludfist

Postby Bludfist » 27 June 2016, 00:01

RedDevilCG wrote:Speed buff is definitely going to be nice, but I'm still not 100% sure how to build the Desolator. I tried out a more mobile build with faster turn rate, extended lance range, lance shield damage, belt armour, and extra shields. I still didn't get much out of the torpedoes as you can't use them if you're circle kiting.

You build it like you would any other chaos lance ship

the torpedoes are just a "novelty" just like the heavy lance turret on the dispoiler
Chaos walking into Aldorf be like

thatwhichlurks

Postby thatwhichlurks » 27 June 2016, 02:30

Also, the Despoiler is supposed to be as fast as the Retribution. In the TT, both had a speed of 20 cm. I also agree that the speed buff is going to be much needed, as well as some form of damage buff.

Return to “Chaos Warfleet”