Chaos Battleships and My uses for them.

Share your heretic strategies. Death to the false Emperor!
MYNAME?

Chaos Battleships and My uses for them.

Postby MYNAME? » 06 May 2016, 18:29

Well when im talking chaos battleships i pretty much mean only the Despoiler. Desolator is still useless.

We all know that Battleships pretty much have no real uses in "competitive" meta. They are too slow for our play style and generally get shot to shit in Cruiser Clash.

I do think however that they can be employed in certain Game modes to great effect

Break through Attacker (Sneaky Blitzkrieg) :D

Despoiler makes for a great decoy in these mission and if you give it stealth also makes for a pretty nasty suprise when you are killing 2 defence platforms at once. On Break through Missions i deploy 1 stealth Despoiler and 3 stealth Hellbringers. Have the Despoiler deploy on one side. The hellbringer team on the opposite side. People will mostly ignore the lonely blip (Despoiler) in the far corner of the map thinking "thats just there to distract me". If this happens you are still good to go and move in. If they dart for your Despoiler just keep going and destroy atleast 1 Defense platform and keep up a decent fight while your Hellbringers one shot the rest of the platforms. In this strategy the Despoiler is pretty expandable. Move in on both sides and wax those platforms. Bombers make short work of them while you fly by. Most enemies wont be able to react fast enough and generally dont really cover platforms that well either. 4 Bomber squads = Dead platform 9 times out of 10. Once everything is moped up proceed to the boarder and get out.

Convoy Attacker:

Pretty much same thing as in break through. deploy on opposite sides and use your Despoiler and hellbringers. ATM Transport defenders will always get rekt by carrier fleets. Despoiler Normally wont die on this mission because the transports will be dead by then if you make the right guesses on where the transports are located and with which formation they are going with. (eyeball the slow blips those will be the transports).

Assasination/ Intel: Defender.

You may Deploy the Despoiler on this mission but do not make it the Admiral Ship. Use a Hell bringer or Slaughter for that. It will suprise the enemy and he will either A try to kill it while your flag ship slips away, or B try to ignore it but still get attacked by it and in most cases the Despoiler can still keep up. Hide it in a gas cloud or astroid field and use it to ambush the enemy as you fly by with your hell bringer flag ship.

Planetary Assault: Defender

Despoiler doesn't do too bad on this mission You can deploy it here as well.

Space Station Assault: Defender

Havnt Played this game mode in a minute but again it works fairly well if your the defender.
Last edited by MYNAME? on 06 May 2016, 18:47, edited 1 time in total.

Bosie

Re: Chaos Battleships and My uses for them.

Postby Bosie » 06 May 2016, 18:32

Assassination defense.

Stick it in a corner and starcastle with your fleet around it. That is about the only use I have found the for the Chaos BB.

:(

MYNAME?

Postby MYNAME? » 06 May 2016, 18:42

Bosie wrote:Assassination defense.

Stick it in a corner and starcastle with your fleet around it. That is about the only use I have found the for the Chaos BB.

:(

haha that is sad lol. Well try some of my ideas out and see if they work for you. The Break Through idea i made for the Despoiler is pretty much Macro and Lance Proof Vs Imperials/ Chaos. Against Orks it Generally works too as long as you dont fly directly into their tractor beam spam. This strategy has not been tested vs eldar yet but i think it would work out especially if you are running stealth and eldar do pretty bad in defense missions.

Bosie

Postby Bosie » 06 May 2016, 19:00

It's too slow. Chaos are a kiting fleet and to have a ship that moves at 150 and carries your main firepower is a liability.

MYNAME?

Postby MYNAME? » 06 May 2016, 21:33

Bosie wrote:It's too slow. Chaos are a kiting fleet and to have a ship that moves at 150 and carries your main firepower is a liability.

That is true. Thats why you dont use them in cruiser clash.

Battlships can however be used in some objective based games as stated above.

MadDemiurg

Postby MadDemiurg » 06 May 2016, 22:43

I think 3 Slaughters + Despoiler is a strong enough brawling setup for 700 pt with no need to kite, at least vs IN or other Chaos, but I haven't tried it.

MYNAME?

Postby MYNAME? » 07 May 2016, 05:10

MadDemiurg wrote:I think 3 Slaughters + Despoiler is a strong enough brawling setup for 700 pt with no need to kite, at least vs IN or other Chaos, but I haven't tried it.

Yeah id consider that pretty solid as a setup. The Despoiler pretty much acts as the tank during the battle and the utility it may provide would prove invaluable. Also you can make that ship really hard to kill with Overshields, Shield Regen as well as passive shield buffs and what not and slapping the nurgle mark or for the boarding crit chances khorne. slanesh is also good.

Deuzerre

Postby Deuzerre » 07 May 2016, 06:34

It's useful against opponents you can't kyte, like Eldar, other Chaos, or the occasional imps with speed upgrades.
"Common sense isn't as common as the name would imply"

Cryhavok

Postby Cryhavok » 03 June 2016, 16:32

The despoiler is like a mass taunt. It sits there and makes people want to attack it. It easily gets left behind the rest of the fleet and then looks like easy pickings. It is a very predictable, very exploitable situation.
Do you hear the voices too?!?

Bludfist

Postby Bludfist » 03 June 2016, 16:52

at least it still puts up a better fight and is more useful than the dispoilier
Chaos walking into Aldorf be like
Spoiler : :

Return to “Chaos Warfleet”