Twin Linked weapons

Share your heretic strategies. Death to the false Emperor!
Kashtano

Re: Twin Linked weapons

Postby Kashtano » 01 May 2016, 07:11

Lucifronsun wrote:Did you check that in game, or on the fleet screen? Because I've used the range upgrades plenty of times thinking the whole weapon was upgraded, and instead nothing was increased in game.

I tried it again and you are right, it is a tooltip issue. Equipped only with the macro upgrade, the macro part fires at 9k, the lances at 6k, while the tooltip said 9k for both.

The missile pod fired at 9k too.

BTW, I hate boarding torpedoes.

Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Imperator5 » 01 May 2016, 09:51

It would be nice if the devs gave us some info on these.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

Kashtano

Postby Kashtano » 01 May 2016, 12:45

And this happens with both upgrades:

Halstead

Postby Halstead » 01 May 2016, 13:43

Kashtano wrote:*snips*
Thank you for testing them. So would it be preferably to take macro range upgrade since it affect more of the weapon suite than lance range upgrade?

Deuzerre

Postby Deuzerre » 01 May 2016, 13:47

Lances, because they aren't affected by range for accuracy. This way you deal shield damage for sure before they get in macro range.
"Common sense isn't as common as the name would imply"

Halstead

Postby Halstead » 01 May 2016, 13:48

Deuzerre wrote:Lances, because they aren't affected by range for accuracy. This way you deal shield damage for sure before they get in macro range.
Erm that would require disruption upgrade at least to boost their damage vs shield.

Deuzerre

Postby Deuzerre » 01 May 2016, 13:55

Well, if someone could do the mathammer of the macros at 9K-6K compared to the lances at same range.
TBH, my chaos twin-linked ships don't get range upgrades, that's what my other ships are for.

Deuzerre

Postby Deuzerre » 01 May 2016, 14:12

Ok, so math hammer time.

Weapon name - Damage - Number of shots - Rate of fire - Chance to hit at 9K

Slaughter:
Macro turrets - 9 - 3 - 9 - 40%
Macro battery - 3 - 1(x2) - 3 - 40%
Missile pod - 3 - 3 - 10 - 40%
Lances battery - 3 - 1(x2) -3 -100%

So the first macro volley should do ((9x3 + 3x2 + 3x3)/10)x4= (27+6+9)/10x4 = 4,2x4 = 16.8 damage
The first laser volley would do 6 damage

So yeah, macros for sure

Lucifronsun

Postby Lucifronsun » 01 May 2016, 14:40

Halstead wrote:
Deuzerre wrote:Lances, because they aren't affected by range for accuracy. This way you deal shield damage for sure before they get in macro range.
Erm that would require disruption upgrade at least to boost their damage vs shield.

The shield upgrade is deceptive, in reality it's pretty bad.

Psykmoe

Postby Psykmoe » 01 May 2016, 15:18

Deuzerre wrote:TBH, my chaos twin-linked ships don't get range upgrades, that's what my other ships are for.

I agree, although I guess that's only the Slaughter now. Still plenty of ships with mixed weaponry but I don't usually upgrade dorsal macros/missiles from 9 to 12 or from 12 to 15k on Chaos ships. With the poor accuracy, the return on investing the upgrade slot is low especially since having more than 0% accuracy at 15k with macros requires yet another upgrade.

Lucifronsun wrote:
Halstead wrote:

The shield upgrade is deceptive, in reality it's pretty bad.

I occasionally even see lances specifically called out as being good at stripping shields, at least twice while discussing IN cruisers, which is just puzzling to me. Lance dps is bad. If you're shooting a shield, you give up the biggest strength of the lance - reducing the armor it hits to 25. Well, shields have 0 or 25 armor. Meanwhile macros have theoretically good damage, and shooting a shield at least lets you ignore one big weakness - armor.

I mean I guess chaos lance boats can engage at ranges where they can't rely on their weapon batteries to kill shields, so I was even more confused to see those claims in relation to IN cruisers, where lance ranges aren't so long.

I guess at really long ranges lances are necessarily better at killing shields because they actually hit.

Hell, maybe I'm just bad at math, I'm always open to being corrected.

Return to “Chaos Warfleet”