The Desolater post release; is it underwhelming?

Share your heretic strategies. Death to the false Emperor!
MYNAME?
Posts: 881
Joined: 19 March 2016, 18:39
Contact:

Re: The Desolater post release; is it underwhelming?

Postby MYNAME? » 29 April 2016, 07:27

Lucifronsun wrote:
MYNAME? wrote: Notha question mate. Does camo buff tzeentch cloud was never shure of dis.


Way back in beta, I remember it not buffing the cloud, and then I remember seeing a patch note saying that the interaction was fixed, so it should work together now.

I'm going to say yes, but I can't personally verify it for you.


Good stuff. FANX FOR DA INFO.

Lexis
Posts: 5
Joined: 22 April 2016, 12:50
Contact:

Re: The Desolater post release; is it underwhelming?

Postby Lexis » 05 May 2016, 21:57

Went for the Desolator just out of curiosity :geek:

Compared with its biggest competitor, the Retribution from the Imperial Navy, it is a bit more cost effective with (Desolator 233/ Retribution 246) and ofc has more power at 12k long range shots due to its massive lance batteries, but it gets weaker the closer the distance

Biggest setback is the lack of any speed upgrade, 150 base speed is the maximum speed, the Retribution can run 175 with Mezoa pattern drives

Of course its weak in comparison with other BS and only cost effective in 1v1s, as in 2v2s you cannot use the extra renown you gain for preferring the Desolator over the Despoiler for getting an extra line ship.

A powerful ship on its own, especially when equipped with Overload generators. Enemies with lower ship classes have a hard time against the Desolator. I love the torpedoes, a nice addition for all ranges, makes this ship unique in the chaos fleet. In contrast the rocket launchers are a bad joke, a futile weapon.

Its not a totally broken ship atm, but would have a fantastic value for players with a bit more base speed

RedDevilCG
Posts: 134
Joined: 24 April 2016, 17:27
Contact:

Re: The Desolater post release; is it underwhelming?

Postby RedDevilCG » 05 May 2016, 22:00

I was scratching my head at the speed. I thought it would be 175 or 188.

wowu56
Posts: 25
Joined: 14 March 2016, 10:40
Contact:

Re: The Desolater post release; is it underwhelming?

Postby wowu56 » 06 May 2016, 14:44

Lexis wrote:Went for the Desolator just out of curiosity :geek:

Compared with its biggest competitor, the Retribution from the Imperial Navy, it is a bit more cost effective with (Desolator 233/ Retribution 246) and ofc has more power at 12k long range shots due to its massive lance batteries, but it gets weaker the closer the distance

Biggest setback is the lack of any speed upgrade, 150 base speed is the maximum speed, the Retribution can run 175 with Mezoa pattern drives

Of course its weak in comparison with other BS and only cost effective in 1v1s, as in 2v2s you cannot use the extra renown you gain for preferring the Desolator over the Despoiler for getting an extra line ship.

A powerful ship on its own, especially when equipped with Overload generators. Enemies with lower ship classes have a hard time against the Desolator. I love the torpedoes, a nice addition for all ranges, makes this ship unique in the chaos fleet. In contrast the rocket launchers are a bad joke, a futile weapon.

Its not a totally broken ship atm, but would have a fantastic value for players with a bit more base speed


I don't think those impression would last if you start using the 162pts Acheron BC and compare it to the Desolator.
Also the torpedo is not that useful for a BB with 5 turn rate, and without the IN's torpedo speed upgrade.

Halstead
Posts: 212
Joined: 23 April 2016, 22:20
Contact:

Re: The Desolater post release; is it underwhelming?

Postby Halstead » 06 May 2016, 15:23

MYNAME? wrote:
Lucifronsun wrote:
MYNAME? wrote:Desolator would be epic if it had 3 dorsal heavy macro turrets instead of the shitty missle pods.. it would make them better. Cause those turrets are good at knocking shields down with their 3x attack


No more macro cannons on my lance boats, please no, make it stop.

and lances for the crits


Que? Lances crit once in a blue moon, even with the 300% upgrade, to the point that there's no point taking the crit upgrade.


Aaaaw why man. The macro cannons would help alot for the desolator and make it more brawli
Straight from devs, the missile pod is FUNCTIONALLY a macro for all purposes and intends including upgrades for Macro.

MYNAME?
Posts: 881
Joined: 19 March 2016, 18:39
Contact:

Re: The Desolater post release; is it underwhelming?

Postby MYNAME? » 06 May 2016, 16:15

Halstead wrote:
MYNAME? wrote:
Lucifronsun wrote:
No more macro cannons on my lance boats, please no, make it stop.



Que? Lances crit once in a blue moon, even with the 300% upgrade, to the point that there's no point taking the crit upgrade.


Aaaaw why man. The macro cannons would help alot for the desolator and make it more brawli
Straight from devs, the missile pod is FUNCTIONALLY a macro for all purposes and intends including upgrades for Macro.

misslepods are petty

Halstead
Posts: 212
Joined: 23 April 2016, 22:20
Contact:

Re: The Desolater post release; is it underwhelming?

Postby Halstead » 06 May 2016, 16:23

MYNAME? wrote:
Halstead wrote:
MYNAME? wrote:
Aaaaw why man. The macro cannons would help alot for the desolator and make it more brawli
Straight from devs, the missile pod is FUNCTIONALLY a macro for all purposes and intends including upgrades for Macro.

misslepods are petty
I don't know what to tell you, I can only assume that the accurcy/hit rate on the missile pods would be like the macro cannons in the same faction.

MYNAME?
Posts: 881
Joined: 19 March 2016, 18:39
Contact:

Re: The Desolater post release; is it underwhelming?

Postby MYNAME? » 06 May 2016, 18:35

Halstead wrote:
MYNAME? wrote:
Halstead wrote:Straight from devs, the missile pod is FUNCTIONALLY a macro for all purposes and intends including upgrades for Macro.

misslepods are petty
I don't know what to tell you, I can only assume that the accurcy/hit rate on the missile pods would be like the macro cannons in the same faction.


Doesnt really matter if the misslepods hit or miss they are still useless. All they do is add FX to the game and look pretty.

User avatar
Deuzerre
Posts: 218
Joined: 01 April 2016, 13:39
Contact:

Re: The Desolater post release; is it underwhelming?

Postby Deuzerre » 06 May 2016, 18:37

MYNAME? wrote:Doesnt really matter if the misslepods hit or miss they are still useless. All they do is add FX to the game and look pretty.

...
Develop your argument instead of blanket statements.
"Common sense isn't as common as the name would imply"

MYNAME?
Posts: 881
Joined: 19 March 2016, 18:39
Contact:

Re: The Desolater post release; is it underwhelming?

Postby MYNAME? » 06 May 2016, 18:54

Deuzerre wrote:
MYNAME? wrote:Doesnt really matter if the misslepods hit or miss they are still useless. All they do is add FX to the game and look pretty.

...
Develop your argument instead of blanket statements.


Ok.... missle pod barely scratch shields. the measily 3 damage it does every 6 seconds on Escorts is pretty whimpy and Chaos Escorts die within 4 seconds. On Cruisers they are even more useless because those missle pods only do 3 damage every 12 seconds. If they maybe shot faster they could be good but the way they are now they are laughable. There is a reason why you dont see iconoclast or Idolator Spams. While Imperials Escort spam is fairly viable.


Return to “Chaos Warfleet”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests