The Desolater post release; is it underwhelming?

Share your heretic strategies. Death to the false Emperor!
Lucifronsun
Posts: 406
Joined: 13 March 2016, 01:41
Contact:

Re: The Desolater post release; is it underwhelming?

Postby Lucifronsun » 28 April 2016, 20:08

Imperator5 wrote:You are right, and the macros were bugged for most of the time. People just honestly thought that they would be "un-bugged" and not "removed entirely" .

Were the macros working, it would have outdone Emperor and Retribution in a close up broadside while still remaining better at range due to lances.


The emperor is a carrier, so I'd certainly hope a direct damage battleship would beat it. As for the retribution, it was also "weak" at the time, and with the desolator being a lance boat, having it in close range was not a good idea.

Bear in mind, the weapon dps on the desolators macros were actually weaker than the tooltip gave credit for. It implied 5 turrets shooting x, per weapon, but in reality it was only 4 per weapon. In hindsight it was the only weapon that actually counted the "barrels" that it had, at least for the macro part.

But yeah Hybrid weapons are another problem entirely. Or rather, the fact that the range upgrade is separate for lances and macros is a problem.


That too.

User avatar
Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester
Posts: 3063
Joined: 22 December 2015, 07:46
Contact:

Re: The Desolater post release; is it underwhelming?

Postby Imperator5 » 28 April 2016, 20:15

Lucifronsun wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:You are right, and the macros were bugged for most of the time. People just honestly thought that they would be "un-bugged" and not "removed entirely" .

Were the macros working, it would have outdone Emperor and Retribution in a close up broadside while still remaining better at range due to lances.


The emperor is a carrier, so I'd certainly hope a direct damage battleship would beat it. As for the retribution, it was also "weak" at the time, and with the desolator being a lance boat, having it in close range was not a good idea.

Bear in mind, the weapon dps on the desolators macros were actually weaker than the tooltip gave credit for. It implied 5 turrets shooting x, per weapon, but in reality it was only 4 per weapon. In hindsight it was the only weapon that actually counted the "barrels" that it had, at least for the macro part.

But yeah Hybrid weapons are another problem entirely. Or rather, the fact that the range upgrade is separate for lances and macros is a problem.


That too.


Before plasma buff the Emperor actually out-broadsided the Retribution.

With macrocannons included I did a lot of calculations, overall it was Despoiler, Desolator, Emperor and Retribution firepower wise.

I am not sure how it stands now with no Macros on Desolator and Retribution buffed.



Though I would say that in pure damage, the Retribution should win at close, the Desolator at range, while the carriers should be the same, Despoiler better at range, Emperor better up close. But that's just my opinion.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

MYNAME?
Posts: 881
Joined: 19 March 2016, 18:39
Contact:

Re: The Desolater post release; is it underwhelming?

Postby MYNAME? » 29 April 2016, 01:39

Desolator would be epic if it had 3 dorsal heavy macro turrets instead of the shitty missle pods.. it would make them better. Cause those turrets are good at knocking shields down with their 3x attack and lances for the crits

Lucifronsun
Posts: 406
Joined: 13 March 2016, 01:41
Contact:

Re: The Desolater post release; is it underwhelming?

Postby Lucifronsun » 29 April 2016, 02:27

MYNAME? wrote:Desolator would be epic if it had 3 dorsal heavy macro turrets instead of the shitty missle pods.. it would make them better. Cause those turrets are good at knocking shields down with their 3x attack


No more macro cannons on my lance boats, please no, make it stop.

and lances for the crits


Que? Lances crit once in a blue moon, even with the 300% upgrade, to the point that there's no point taking the crit upgrade.

MYNAME?
Posts: 881
Joined: 19 March 2016, 18:39
Contact:

Re: The Desolater post release; is it underwhelming?

Postby MYNAME? » 29 April 2016, 03:33

Lucifronsun wrote:
MYNAME? wrote:Desolator would be epic if it had 3 dorsal heavy macro turrets instead of the shitty missle pods.. it would make them better. Cause those turrets are good at knocking shields down with their 3x attack


No more macro cannons on my lance boats, please no, make it stop.

and lances for the crits


Que? Lances crit once in a blue moon, even with the 300% upgrade, to the point that there's no point taking the crit upgrade.


Aaaaw why man. The macro cannons would help alot for the desolator and make it more brawli

Lucifronsun
Posts: 406
Joined: 13 March 2016, 01:41
Contact:

Re: The Desolater post release; is it underwhelming?

Postby Lucifronsun » 29 April 2016, 04:01

MYNAME? wrote:Aaaaw why man. The macro cannons would help alot for the desolator and make it more brawli


No brawling on the lance boats, captains orders.

MYNAME?
Posts: 881
Joined: 19 March 2016, 18:39
Contact:

Re: The Desolater post release; is it underwhelming?

Postby MYNAME? » 29 April 2016, 05:23

Lucifronsun wrote:
MYNAME? wrote:Aaaaw why man. The macro cannons would help alot for the desolator and make it more brawli


No brawling on the lance boats, captains orders.


NOOOO. oh and I took your advice about the 300% crit you are right. if i think about it. it didnt crit much.

Lucifronsun
Posts: 406
Joined: 13 March 2016, 01:41
Contact:

Re: The Desolater post release; is it underwhelming?

Postby Lucifronsun » 29 April 2016, 05:28

MYNAME? wrote:NOOOO. oh and I took your advice about the 300% crit you are right. if i think about it. it didnt crit much.


Yep, trying to get crits on lances is a waste, don't even bother with lock on either if you're going lance boats, and you can skoot those master gunner points elsewhere. But on the plus side, if you're running tzeentch you can freely spam the cloud, or brace depending on the circumstances.

MYNAME?
Posts: 881
Joined: 19 March 2016, 18:39
Contact:

Re: The Desolater post release; is it underwhelming?

Postby MYNAME? » 29 April 2016, 06:08

Lucifronsun wrote:
MYNAME? wrote:NOOOO. oh and I took your advice about the 300% crit you are right. if i think about it. it didnt crit much.


Yep, trying to get crits on lances is a waste, don't even bother with lock on either if you're going lance boats, and you can skoot those master gunner points elsewhere. But on the plus side, if you're running tzeentch you can freely spam the cloud, or brace depending on the circumstances.


Notha question mate. Does camo buff tzeentch cloud was never shure of dis.

Lucifronsun
Posts: 406
Joined: 13 March 2016, 01:41
Contact:

Re: The Desolater post release; is it underwhelming?

Postby Lucifronsun » 29 April 2016, 06:11

MYNAME? wrote: Notha question mate. Does camo buff tzeentch cloud was never shure of dis.


Way back in beta, I remember it not buffing the cloud, and then I remember seeing a patch note saying that the interaction was fixed, so it should work together now.

I'm going to say yes, but I can't personally verify it for you.


Return to “Chaos Warfleet”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests