So the Desolator now.

Share your heretic strategies. Death to the false Emperor!
RedDevilCG

So the Desolator now.

Postby RedDevilCG » 30 July 2016, 16:43

The Desolator Battleship has been modified.
Its speed is now 188 instead of 150.
Its cost is now 235 instead of 233.

I want to try using this ship now, but I can't really figure out how to build it. It seems like it should be kept at range to keep using those lances, but maybe I want to boost its maneuverability to get in torp volleys as well.

Anyone had any success building it as part of a fleet?

Beernchips

Re: So the Desolator now.

Postby Beernchips » 30 July 2016, 17:44

Was using this build before speed upgrade
Tzeentch favor
turn rate upgrade + lance range upgrade + lance damage vs shields + emission dissipators + efficient plasma thrusters
augur probe + reacon beacon + enhanced cells + stasis bombs

Now Desolator is a big bro Acheron so use it same way with kiting

Otherwise perhaps a Nurgle Desolator with a tanky build and trying to use both broadsides (yeah thats 24 lances at same time) can work too
Repent, for tomorrow you die

Ashardalon

Postby Ashardalon » 31 July 2016, 18:32

i use it in ranked as a big battering ram in space station assault, a big torpedo firing distraction that does some decent ramming damage and lets my cruisers get close enough to ram once it blows up

dont have enough points to upgrade it tho so havnt bothered, chaos relies on speed and maneuverability while its a decent ship now its still a long way off from the usefulness of the lighter classes, those torps are nice tho

RedDevilCG

Postby RedDevilCG » 01 August 2016, 03:29

I tried the maneuver one and the brawl one, but I always felt like I was never fully using my weapons. I'm still trying to figure this thing out....

MYNAME?

Postby MYNAME? » 01 August 2016, 05:00

RedDevilCG wrote:
The Desolator Battleship has been modified.
Its speed is now 188 instead of 150.
Its cost is now 235 instead of 233.

I want to try using this ship now, but I can't really figure out how to build it. It seems like it should be kept at range to keep using those lances, but maybe I want to boost its maneuverability to get in torp volleys as well.

Anyone had any success building it as part of a fleet?

Mods for desolator

Upgrades
Shields, shield regen, turning speed, lance range, lance shield breaker and MoN

Abilities

Overahields, shield recharge, the last 2 skills are optional since it has better speed you may not really need gauge refill anymore beacons ore micro warp jump are pretty good ones.

RedDevilCG

Postby RedDevilCG » 03 August 2016, 17:53

I must be on track because that's how I built it the first time. I still won more with the despoiler though, so I think I need to work on my tactics :(

Pleb Squasher

Postby Pleb Squasher » 06 August 2016, 09:19

Everyone overlooks the missile pods on this ship. They're 12k range, 3 shots each with 10 damage per shot! I think it gets three of them too!

So while you primarily fit this bad boy for lance ranged combat, throw in the targeting matrix because those missile pods make up a lot of your damage.

Also, as with any large, torpedo armed ship, increased rotation is always useful to bring those buggers to bare.

Vex-Black

Postby Vex-Black » 09 August 2016, 09:51

I have started using this now and it is a lot better than before. Being able to keep pace with the other ships in you fleet is great for protection.

I usually use the emission dissipators, refined lenses, additional lance shield dmg, faster rotation and overload generator (for those crits!).

Normally take stasis bomb, mwj (for sneaky broadside torpedo runs ;)) and recon beacon.

I would rather have 2 dorsal 2 barrel lance turrets (like the Acheron) in place of the lack luster missle pods, but hey, I'm fine with just the speed upgrade.

Bosie

Postby Bosie » 16 August 2016, 16:24

Vex-Black wrote:I have started using this now and it is a lot better than before. Being able to keep pace with the other ships in you fleet is great for protection.

I usually use the emission dissipators, refined lenses, additional lance shield dmg, faster rotation and overload generator (for those crits!).

Normally take stasis bomb, mwj (for sneaky broadside torpedo runs ;)) and recon beacon.

I would rather have 2 dorsal 2 barrel lance turrets (like the Acheron) in place of the lack luster missle pods, but hey, I'm fine with just the speed upgrade.

I agree with the points Vex makes, I switched out to the Desolator. Although I don't use it much due to the cost of it, perhaps if we had fights with more points, like my entire fleet, I would use it!

Return to “Chaos Warfleet”