Repulsive Grand Cruiser

Share your heretic strategies. Death to the false Emperor!
Avlaen

Re: Repulsive Grand Cruiser

Postby Avlaen » 11 April 2016, 15:51

Carl wrote:
Bluntly, though it was expensive as shit, the Planet Killer really wasn't that good.

It paid far too much for the main gun to be blunt.

the main gun is a shit tonne of fun though lets be fair. :)

BrianDavion

Postby BrianDavion » 11 April 2016, 16:22

Kadaeux wrote:
BrianDavion wrote:true I meant "playable in game" I can't imagine their giving players the ability to control that thing in multiplayer... EVER

Bluntly, though it was expensive as shit, the Planet Killer really wasn't that good.

I've taken it out any number of times, the one that pissed off my opponent the most was...

When I took it's points value in Brute Ramships. You can guess how it ended.

ohh I agree proably not worth taking, still the "big super lazor of doom" would likely tick some people off. I mean people are apparently upset about the nova cannon for gods sake!

Dulahan

Postby Dulahan » 11 April 2016, 16:25

My favorite Planet Killer "Kill" in the TT was, admittedly. More a comedy of errors. Opponent had Abbadon (IIRC) on it. Took it through an Asteroid field, and neither of us thought twice. that should have been a for sure leadership test pass. Then he failed it, double 6s. Re rolls. Fails again. Then rolls damage, rolls a 6 (Man did he wish he was rolling a D&D Character that night!). Shields down, plus other damage.

My turn? I go... OK, sure, why not? hit it with a nova cannon, roll a few hits. And finished it off with a Dauntless and three Firestorms swooping in and hitting with almost all their lances.

I don't remember if I blew it up or he disengaged. But it was such an improbable series of rolls by any standards. I do recall he never even got to fire the weapon that game.

But yeah, it really wasn't all that scary aside from the "Straight ahead in a line nova cannon" effect being deadly if it had the chance.

Carl

Postby Carl » 11 April 2016, 18:31

the main gun is a shit tonne of fun though lets be fair.

Wasn't arguing that. Just pointing out it's base armament sucked, in fact it had only marginally more firepower than several other BB's conventionally. I'm on and off working on a TT semi-re-write and i've seriously considered stripping the PK's main gun out to give it the kind of devastation firepower it really deserves without a stupid points cost.

Khobai

Postby Khobai » 12 April 2016, 00:51

Grand Cruisers should just count as Battlecruisers

And both Chaos and Imperials should be able to use them

BrianDavion

Postby BrianDavion » 12 April 2016, 01:13

Khobai wrote:Grand Cruisers should just count as Battlecruisers

And both Chaos and Imperials should be able to use them

agreed

Colcut

Postby Colcut » 12 April 2016, 01:19

expansion opportunity anyone ?

Kadaeux

Postby Kadaeux » 12 April 2016, 02:37

CTCParadox wrote:
Kadaeux wrote:When I took it's points value in Brute Ramships. You can guess how it ended.

Lol 20 ramships. Even if only half made it you can roll like 40 dice for ram damage. :D

It was hilarious watching his reaction as ram after ram after ram slammed into the Planet Killer while the rest of my fleet distracted and savaged the rest of the Chaos ships :p

RedDevilCG

Postby RedDevilCG » 05 May 2016, 23:10

I also want the Repulsive. It would be great to have another source of Torpedoes and just a great ship overall.

MYNAME?

Postby MYNAME? » 10 May 2016, 02:41

RedDevilCG wrote:I also want the Repulsive. It would be great to have another source of Torpedoes and just a great ship overall.

Chaos weakness is "not many torpedos" tho lol. Id love to play with a new ship I just dont see them adding it :s

Return to “Chaos Warfleet”