Why must Nurgle be the mayor space god here ? Give to all chaos ships Void-Locust Cloudswarm ?

Share your heretic strategies. Death to the false Emperor!
StarSauron
(Former) Technical Tester

Why must Nurgle be the mayor space god here ? Give to all chaos ships Void-Locust Cloudswarm ?

Postby StarSauron » 21 June 2016, 15:40

Well you dont have to play for long to realize all people are this god online.

Every enemy ship within 2,500 units of the ship suffers 3 Hull Damage per second.
Different instances of Void-Locust Cloudswarm don't stack.

The other favour sounds good too, but somehow people take only this and its pretty logical.
It's the only upgrade than allows close combat.

So why only by Nurgle, why not that Void-Locust Cloudswarm to all chaos ships ?

Cryhavok

Re: Why must Nurgle be the mayor space god here ? Give to all chaos ships Void-Locust Cloudswarm ?

Postby Cryhavok » 21 June 2016, 16:53

All the favors except Khorne are pretty good. Khorne being mediocre. How good they are depend on the tactics you plan on using, you actually manage to use, and the tactics your enemies us. Nurgle favor is not always useful, for example if you can't close with the enemy, it does very little for you.

Meanwhile, Slaaneshi favor is generally considered very good because it can seriously debuff the enemy ships making them vulerable and letting you kill things that might otherwise have been a pain. Hitting an eldar battleship with slaaneshi favor can end it. Not to mention all the things that flee the battlefield when slaaneshi ships are around, sometimes just handing you the victory. The only fleets slaaneshi favor is not useful against are ones that don't use their abilities in the first place, and you are probably going to win those battles anyway.

Tzeentch on the other hand can keep your fleet safe from macro and lance weapons, letting you get a great deal of damage in on the enemy without taking much in return. That by itself can give you the victory if they aren't prepared to deal with it.

Chaos's real power is in using a combination of their toybox of powers to really break the enemy's ability to fight.
Do you hear the voices too?!?

Ahzek Ahriman

Re: Why must Nurgle be the mayor space god here ? Give to all chaos ships Void-Locust Cloudswarm ?

Postby Ahzek Ahriman » 21 June 2016, 16:54

Because that would be lore breaking? Not all chaos ships are ridden with Nurglish diseases and pestilence?
The sentence below is true
Spoiler : :
The sentence above is false

MYNAME?

Postby MYNAME? » 22 June 2016, 06:49

Khorne used to be very good until they nurfed it with LS not hard critting...

Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Imperator5 » 22 June 2016, 10:26

Yeah, only Khorne is useless and only since LS sucks.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

TiamatChaosGod

Postby TiamatChaosGod » 22 June 2016, 11:12

then Nurgle is not always useful ... but ... with the chaos you have to have a fleet with various favors or specialize in types of ships that follow your style I will play two styles:
1- aircraft carrier ( insane damage and overlord ship )
2- max power lances ( really really fun )

you list (as I see it) favors useful with the types of ships
1- ship - 3k + range = always Nurgle + +
2- ship - 6k range Nurgle + + / Khorne - +
3- ship 6 / 9k range Slaanesh + + / Khorne + - / tzee -+
3- 12k ship= tzee + + (forever) / (your playing style)

Fleet ship usefull ( for me) = 1 tzee slaan + 2 + 1 / Nurgle or 1 / Khorne is the best choice for the balance of the fleet and the stack of Slaanesh
I hope I was helpful if you have problems ask :D :D

Cryhavok

Postby Cryhavok » 23 June 2016, 14:58

MYNAME? wrote:Khorne used to be very good until they nurfed it with LS not hard critting...

I disagree. temp crits are more likely to cause fire and hull breech. Khorne is not useless. It's not as good as the other three, but definitely not useless.

MYNAME?

Postby MYNAME? » 23 June 2016, 18:19

Cryhavok wrote:
MYNAME? wrote:Khorne used to be very good until they nurfed it with LS not hard critting...

I disagree. temp crits are more likely to cause fire and hull breech. Khorne is not useless. It's not as good as the other three, but definitely not useless.

Didnt khorne do that before? Not sure how the Temp crit system works except that it nurfs lightning strikes and makes them almost pointless.

Cryhavok

Postby Cryhavok » 23 June 2016, 18:31

If you don't really know how it works, then you really can't say if it's useless to everyone, because you aren't able to figure out how to take advantage of it.

It certain isn't useless to me.

MYNAME?

Postby MYNAME? » 23 June 2016, 19:28

Cryhavok wrote:If you don't really know how it works, then you really can't say if it's useless to everyone, because you aren't able to figure out how to take advantage of it.

It certain isn't useless to me.

Im just used to hard critting thats all. Guess i gotta time my lightning strikes and not waste them all at once.

Return to “Chaos Warfleet”