Things we would like to see when chaos gets balance patch (buffs/nurfs)

Share your heretic strategies. Death to the false Emperor!
GreySeer
(Former) Technical Tester

Re: Things we would like to see when chaos gets balance patch (buffs/nurfs)

Postby GreySeer » 27 June 2016, 13:23

Ravensburg wrote:
ErikModi wrote:And yes, the Desolator sorely needs some love. At the very least, make its speed match other Chaos ships, true to its tabletop stats. Otherwise, it's just a ponderous, undergunned battleship, outclassed by everything else in its category.

We don't get this. The desolator currently have the same speed as in the TT. In which version of the rule did you see that the Desolator has more than 20cm speed?

EDIT: Ok after some check. There's a typo in the french version of the BFG bluebook, the desolator only get 20 cm speed. After checking the English version it appears your right!

You will have to wait for the next patch to get this fix. Mystery solved.

Thanks,

Ravensburg

Well, just don't forget to throw some macro range for Mars and some defensive turrets for the Emperor.

Mars.jpg
Mars.jpg (141.67 KiB) Viewed 906 times

Emperor.jpg
Emperor.jpg (180.38 KiB) Viewed 906 times
Praise the Machine God
Bless His construct-creations
And death to those who are not part of His grand design

ErikModi

Postby ErikModi » 30 June 2016, 18:55

And Chaos should get Boarding Torpedoes. It was one of their advantages in tabletop, even if they only had two ships that could make use of them.

Ars Moriendi

Postby Ars Moriendi » 03 July 2016, 04:08

The speed boost would be a godsend for the Desolator. Here's hoping for 188 speed so it can keep up with a couple Acherons. ;)

Is the Desolator ever going to get its merged batteries back though? I wouldn't want to ask too much of the devs, and I heard that they were bugged at one point, but shouldn't it theoretically be possible to implement them considering that the Slaughter has weapons that function similarly and are evidently bug free?

Ahzek Ahriman

Postby Ahzek Ahriman » 03 July 2016, 10:28

Ars Moriendi wrote:The speed boost would be a godsend for the Desolator. Here's hoping for 188 speed so it can keep up with a couple Acherons. ;)

Is the Desolator ever going to get its merged batteries back though? I wouldn't want to ask too much of the devs, and I heard that they were bugged at one point, but shouldn't it theoretically be possible to implement them considering that the Slaughter has weapons that function similarly and are evidently bug free?

They are not completely bug free, the game is incapable of treating both parts of merged battery as separate weapons and both have the same damage/rate of fire, which is not a good thing.
The sentence below is true
Spoiler : :
The sentence above is false

Ars Moriendi

Postby Ars Moriendi » 05 July 2016, 01:07

Ah, I didn't realize that. I guess we'll have to settle with the speed boost for now then. :P

Return to “Chaos Warfleet”