Things we would like to see when chaos gets balance patch (buffs/nurfs)

Share your heretic strategies. Death to the false Emperor!
Ahzek Ahriman

Re: Things we would like to see when chaos gets balance patch (buffs/nurfs)

Postby Ahzek Ahriman » 14 June 2016, 14:06

Kashtano wrote:
RedDevilCG wrote:
MYNAME? wrote:Buff Desolator speed to 188
Yep!

Although I would support this idea in general, it might be not necessary if the Desolator had a role to fulfill in the chaos fleet. I'm quite sure that chaos will lose the AP upgrade in a rebalancing like the orks just did, making lance brawlers more viable. Add in a +25 speed upgrade which all other factions have now and the Deso could at least justify its existence.

[Pushing the big blue button]
NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Absolutely NO +25 SPEED UPGRADE FOR CHAOS.
Sorry for Caps, but this is a very bad idea. I mean, VERY. We've already had it (although the bonus was higher) and what happened? Everyone was taking it because it was absolutely mandatory upgrade for chaos. For other races it's utterly optional even for Eldar because they already have plenty of speed, but chaos would have to take it as first upgrade for every ship (other than automated refuelling on carriers), and that would pretty much leave 4 upgrade spots to customize your vessel. Even if it had a malus like Mezoa pattern rives it still would be taken every single time, and mess you up if engines are critted. Augur probe/micro warp jump in skills department is already plenty enough, having "options" that are in fact a must is no fun.

Just give Desolator +38 speed (38 not 25, because it's supposed to be level with cruisers which have 188 speed) and all's good. Plus other modifications that have already been mentioned by myself and others.
The sentence below is true
Spoiler : :
The sentence above is false

Cryhavok

Postby Cryhavok » 14 June 2016, 14:23

In my opinion, the only reason to dislike missile pods is that they aren't really canon on any of these ships, TT had no real equivalent to them in their behavior. Mechanically though, they are superior to the more traditional macrocannons.

RedDevilCG wrote:Lastly, I think Chaos AP rounds should be changed (well all AP rounds but this is a Chaos thread), but I'm not sure how. Maybe change them from "count armour as 25" to "subtract 25 from armour" when 3000m or less to a minimum of 25 armour. Or maybe make them shield breaking like the Lance upgrade where they do 2x damage to shields when 3000m or less.

I would change it to "Demonic Ammunition" and make it so it does a DoT if the shot's damage is stopped by the armor, representing the corruption from the round eating away at the ship anyway. Numbers could, of course, be tweaked to make it balanced where ever it should be, and it would get cleared by emergency repairs.
Do you hear the voices too?!?

Kashtano

Postby Kashtano » 14 June 2016, 14:56

Ahzek Ahriman wrote:[Pushing the big blue button]
NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Absolutely NO +25 SPEED UPGRADE FOR CHAOS.
Sorry for Caps, but this is a very bad idea. I mean, VERY. We've already had it (although the bonus was higher) and what happened? Everyone was taking it because it was absolutely mandatory upgrade for chaos. For other races it's utterly optional even for Eldar because they already have plenty of speed, but chaos would have to take it as first upgrade for every ship (other than automated refuelling on carriers), and that would pretty much leave 4 upgrade spots to customize your vessel. Even if it had a malus like Mezoa pattern rives it still would be taken every single time, and mess you up if engines are critted. Augur probe/micro warp jump in skills department is already plenty enough, having "options" that are in fact a must is no fun.

The old +50 speed upgrade was mandatory for chaos because upgraded IN and Ork cruisers were faster than unupgraded chaos cruisers. This is not the case with a +25 upgrade, chaos would be unplayable right now if it would be "mandatory". Especially on CA/BC there are better upgrades than a poisoned speed boost.

Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Imperator5 » 14 June 2016, 19:51

Give the poor Desolator some love.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

MYNAME?

Postby MYNAME? » 14 June 2016, 22:00

Cryhavok wrote:In my opinion, the only reason to dislike missile pods is that they aren't really canon on any of these ships, TT had no real equivalent to them in their behavior. Mechanically though, they are superior to the more traditional macrocannons.

RedDevilCG wrote:Lastly, I think Chaos AP rounds should be changed (well all AP rounds but this is a Chaos thread), but I'm not sure how. Maybe change them from "count armour as 25" to "subtract 25 from armour" when 3000m or less to a minimum of 25 armour. Or maybe make them shield breaking like the Lance upgrade where they do 2x damage to shields when 3000m or less.

I would change it to "Demonic Ammunition" and make it so it does a DoT if the shot's damage is stopped by the armor, representing the corruption from the round eating away at the ship anyway. Numbers could, of course, be tweaked to make it balanced where ever it should be, and it would get cleared by emergency repairs.

I think the last thing the game needs is more DoT stuff and mandatory equips for chaos brawlerfleets... you remove AP for chaos? great now everybody will use demonic Ammunition that does more damage than AP ever could. We need upgrades that arent must haves but are nice to have 1 or 2 of you know what i mean.

Cryhavok

Postby Cryhavok » 14 June 2016, 22:44

MYNAME? wrote:I think the last thing the game needs is more DoT stuff and mandatory equips for chaos brawlerfleets... you remove AP for chaos? great now everybody will use demonic Ammunition that does more damage than AP ever could. We need upgrades that arent must haves but are nice to have 1 or 2 of you know what i mean.

I wasn't meaning for it to be high enough DPS for it to be required.

That being said, I have other ideas for it as well. Demonic ammunition could
    have a chance temporarily lower the troop value of the target representing the feral ammunition rampaging through the crew once it gets on board.
    Increase the cooldowns (by fractions of a second per hit) of MWJ and warp out due to making the warp unstable in the impact area

Of course they could just replace it with something entirely different not related to ammunition at all. Did you have any suggestions for what it could be?

MYNAME?

Postby MYNAME? » 14 June 2016, 23:08

Cryhavok wrote:
MYNAME? wrote:I think the last thing the game needs is more DoT stuff and mandatory equips for chaos brawlerfleets... you remove AP for chaos? great now everybody will use demonic Ammunition that does more damage than AP ever could. We need upgrades that arent must haves but are nice to have 1 or 2 of you know what i mean.

I wasn't meaning for it to be high enough DPS for it to be required.

That being said, I have other ideas for it as well. Demonic ammunition could
    have a chance temporarily lower the troop value of the target representing the feral ammunition rampaging through the crew once it gets on board.
    Increase the cooldowns (by fractions of a second per hit) of MWJ and warp out due to making the warp unstable in the impact area

Of course they could just replace it with something entirely different not related to ammunition at all. Did you have any suggestions for what it could be?

That second suggestion sounds pretty wicked and kewl!

I wouldnt mind something similiar to what the eldar had with their reload. You know increase rate of fire of all weapons for a short period of time. But now that the eldar have it im not sure.

Kashtano

Postby Kashtano » 15 June 2016, 11:23

A weaker version of the Saim-Hann effect would be nice. Something like "+25% Lance attack rate when firing undetected" as an upgrade.

Demoulius

Postby Demoulius » 16 June 2016, 00:31

Cryhavok wrote:In my opinion, the only reason to dislike missile pods is that they aren't really canon on any of these ships, TT had no real equivalent to them in their behavior. Mechanically though, they are superior to the more traditional macrocannons.

Missles are perfectly canon... Batteries represent a great number of weapon systems and missles/rockets are one of the things that they represent.

I dont think AP shells need to go, as its gives Chaos an option if they want to go in a brawlers route. The Murder and Hades are some of the best brawlers in the game when you look at the damage output of their batteries. The only problem with them is that they dont follow the philosofy of the rest of the chaos fleet (long range lances and/or carriers) and thus run the risk of beeing isolated of the rest of the fleet.

That said I do agree that lowering armour by 25 instead of just reducing it to 25 would be a good move. To many things completly ignore as is right now :oops:

Cryhavok

Postby Cryhavok » 16 June 2016, 01:02

Demoulius wrote:Missles are perfectly canon... Batteries represent a great number of weapon systems and missles/rockets are one of the things that they represent.

Macro weapons from the TT can be shells or missiles interchangable, but they behaved the same regardless. Nothing in the Tabletop had the same behavior as BFG:A's missile pods. If they were canon, they would behave no different than any other macro weapon. They don't, hence, they are not canon.

Demoulius wrote:I dont think AP shells need to go, as its gives Chaos an option if they want to go in a brawlers route. The Murder and Hades are some of the best brawlers in the game when you look at the damage output of their batteries. The only problem with them is that they dont follow the philosofy of the rest of the chaos fleet (long range lances and/or carriers) and thus run the risk of beeing isolated of the rest of the fleet.

That said I do agree that lowering armour by 25 instead of just reducing it to 25 would be a good move. To many things completly ignore as is right now :oops:

I have no real opinion on whether or not AP ammo should be left alone, changed or done away with. I just have alternate ideas that might be interesting to see.

Return to “Chaos Warfleet”