Sup Chaos Player here not wanting to suck, tell me if I'm wrong

Share your heretic strategies. Death to the false Emperor!
Viva Miriya

Sup Chaos Player here not wanting to suck, tell me if I'm wrong

Postby Viva Miriya » 18 March 2016, 15:49

First off, thank you MagicalHack for the Chaos Carrier Guide, its been an eye opener.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=995

I tried to do pure carrier formations and then realized thats not the way to go. You need some lances too. I've figured it out like this so far at rank 3.

1 Slaughter Class w/Supercharged Void Shield and Taunt
2 Hellbringer 1s with Stasis Bombs and the recommended upgrades from the linked guide.
2 Hellbringer 2s with Supercharged Void Shield

Intended upgrade path for all "gunboats" is gonna be like this. Mark of Khorne, Overload Gen, Advanced Savior Pods, and Additional Teleportarium.

Hellbringers I think will go either Mark of Nurgle or Mark of Khorne too. Possibly Mark of Tzeentch because I've had fun with it even though that big ass cloud is a giveaway, I'm ok with that. Its so far the most enjoyable play style I've had in the short time i've been playing, pairing a carrier to a gunboat for knocking out generators at the start of the fight reliably and keeping them pinned so lances can do their job.Wanted to know if this was how to play Chaos in a nutshell currently in the Beta. Also any strats you might have that I don't know after all its fun to have someone that can put up a decent challenge.

Beernchips

Re: Sup Chaos Player here not wanting to suck, tell me if I'm wrong

Postby Beernchips » 18 March 2016, 16:15

For your Slaughter ill recommend the shield and hull upgrades, if you want him to tank he will need them.
Not sure for the supercharged on hellbringer. If you upgrade lances to 15k he will never be engaged until battle is lost anyway so perhaps take a more utility skill like some reacon or a bomb
Repent, for tomorrow you die

Viva Miriya

Postby Viva Miriya » 18 March 2016, 16:27

Beernchips wrote:For your Slaughter ill recommend the shield and hull upgrades, if you want him to tank he will need them.
Not sure for the supercharged on hellbringer. If you upgrade lances to 15k he will never be engaged until battle is lost anyway so perhaps take a more utility skill like some reacon or a bomb

Definitely taking that recommendation for sure.

MagickalHack
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby MagickalHack » 18 March 2016, 22:23

Viva Miriya wrote:First off, thank you MagicalHack for the Chaos Carrier Guide, its been an eye opener.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=995

I tried to do pure carrier formations and then realized thats not the way to go.

Yeah, pure carrier is a very specific play style. It works for me, but not everyone. heh. I personally had shyte luck with a lance boat fleet build.
My Assault Boats bring all the boys to the yard...

Chaos Carrier Fleet guide

EET: We treat bugs like Pokemon.

Candor

Postby Candor » 19 March 2016, 00:55

Acheron class BCs rock. They out DPS some BB-class ships
"Our country will, I believe, sooner forgive an officer for attacking an enemy than for letting it alone."

Viva Miriya

Postby Viva Miriya » 19 March 2016, 05:37

MagickalHack wrote:
Viva Miriya wrote:First off, thank you MagicalHack for the Chaos Carrier Guide, its been an eye opener.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=995

I tried to do pure carrier formations and then realized thats not the way to go.

Yeah, pure carrier is a very specific play style. It works for me, but not everyone. heh. I personally had shyte luck with a lance boat fleet build.

So did I. I find a mix works so far. Lances for steady through armor damage, Carriers to incapacitate line ships.

Adrmial Seraph

Postby Adrmial Seraph » 19 March 2016, 06:36

Viva Miriya wrote:
MagickalHack wrote:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=995

So did I. I find a mix works so far. Lances for steady through armor damage, Carriers to incapacitate line ships.

The Styx and Despoiler also double as amazing 15k lance boats ontop of being good carriers if you put them into frontal.

Return to “Chaos Warfleet”