Does mark of slaanesh serve any purpose?

Share your heretic strategies. Death to the false Emperor!
Bludfist

Does mark of slaanesh serve any purpose?

Postby Bludfist » 18 March 2016, 00:20

Has any one been able to integrate it well into their fleet? It seems the least useful of the 4 and well behing in useful ness comapred to the other 3
Chaos walking into Aldorf be like
Spoiler : :

HERO

Re: Does mark of slaanesh serve any purpose?

Postby HERO » 18 March 2016, 00:34

Bludfist wrote:Has any one been able to integrate it well into their fleet? It seems the least useful of the 4 and well behing in useful ness comapred to the other 3

Least useful by far, agreed. It just doesn't feel strong enough compared to the other three. The minor lockdown effect is decent, but the second ability just feels outright useless, especially when you can deliberately execute officers or cancel warp.

Lord451

Postby Lord451 » 18 March 2016, 01:59

HERO wrote:
Bludfist wrote:Has any one been able to integrate it well into their fleet? It seems the least useful of the 4 and well behing in useful ness comapred to the other 3

Least useful by far, agreed. It just doesn't feel strong enough compared to the other three. The minor lockdown effect is decent, but the second ability just feels outright useless, especially when you can deliberately execute officers or cancel warp.

I think that's the problem. Nobody thinks twice about gacking their officers, so what's the point? I have an ability that costs me points to punish my opponent?

Lucifronsun

Postby Lucifronsun » 18 March 2016, 04:09

Right now the tooltip is misleading, it's an all purpose silence instead of cancelling "active" skills. It's an ok ability, but the favor needs to be on multiple ships to get the full effect from it. Its main use would probably be on a brawling/ramming fleet, as it keeps your opponents from being able to run away, or using anything that isn't part of their base stats.

The usefulness of the passive part is entirely up in the air, but all signs indicate it doesn't do much.

firaxin

Postby firaxin » 18 March 2016, 06:55

Based on the tabletop rules, Slaanesh bonuses should be something like:

Siren's Song: all enemy ships within 3 KU cannot use any special orders (Lock On, Brace, etc) and have 2x the chance of Insubordination
Veil of Lust: all enemy ships within 6 KU calculate their macro-battery accuracy as if they were at 6 KU distance and no better

Beernchips

Postby Beernchips » 18 March 2016, 08:09

The main problem with Slaanesh (and all chaos marks in fact) is that they are mainly short ranged which has nothing to do with Chaos gameplay :

Khorne : full boarding so works for 2k boards or 5k lightning strikes
Nurgle : 2.5k aoe or boarding defense
Slaanesh : 3k range insubordination debuf or 5k range debuff
Tzeentch is the only with some tricky range stuff with decoy and gas cloud

I agree that Khorne and Nurgle are currently useful and in agreement with lore but i think SLaanesh should have a bit of rework, like increasing the range of active skill or have a more range oriented part
Repent, for tomorrow you die

Return to “Chaos Warfleet”