Apocalypse-Class Battleship

Share your glorious tactics. Glory to the Emperor!
Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Re: Apocalypse-Class Battleship

Postby Imperator5 » 04 October 2016, 14:53

Aquilar wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:
Aquilar wrote:I like how you conveniently ignore the Apocalypse can boost it's lance range to 12K at the cost of speed as a special ability.

I like how conveniently you think that such an ability would translate to the game at all, or would be useful. Short range lances suck, just look at the Gothic.

or you can just give the Apocaplyse 12k range and make it the slowest battleship in the game. that works too.

Than why not the Victory with simply 12k lances?
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

Aquilar

Postby Aquilar » 04 October 2016, 15:57

until they re-balance lances, why not?

Imperator5

Postby Imperator5 » 04 October 2016, 16:01

Aquilar wrote:until they re-balance lances, why not?

They can't go against the tabletop stuff, GW does not like that I'm afraid.

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

Aquilar

Postby Aquilar » 04 October 2016, 16:14

Imperator5 wrote:

I'm afraid GW has very little say in how games get balanced.

Back on point, why not the 12K apocalypse, because it sounds better than 12k victory and they pretty much identical in appearance so might as well use the better of two instead of the cripe from fleet bakka.

Imperator5

Postby Imperator5 » 04 October 2016, 17:28

Aquilar wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:

I'm afraid GW has very little say in how games get balanced.

Back on point, why not the 12K apocalypse, because it sounds better than 12k victory and they pretty much identical in appearance so might as well use the better of two instead of the cripe from fleet bakka.

Wow you have not put much effort into tracking this game's development, right? Weapon ranges and such are very strictly policed by GW.

See the derp that is the Gothic cruiser once more. With the ability of the Apocalypse, I would say you would at best get half of its shot to 12k and that's the best case scenario. Other half of the time it would be a sitting bag of useless like the Gothic.

Scorch715

Postby Scorch715 » 04 October 2016, 18:00

What if they implemented the option of different states for the Apocalypse, in a similar fashion to the SM Chapter Master favour. In its base state, the Apocalypse gets 6k lances and the speed of the Retribution. In its other other state, the lance decks can reach out to 12k but its speed drops to that of the Emperor (don't remember the actual speed stats for either BB, just that the Emperor is slower).

Would that be balanced? Depending on which state it's in, you either have a long range support ship for your gun cruisers, stripping shields while the cruisers close in, or a very big Gothic (which is better than it sounds. With a Nova Cannon and gun turrets, plus an extra lance deck, the Apocalypse should be able to engage any target bar carriers with plenty of success, unlike the Gothic which gets out DPSd by everything even in the best circumstances)

Imperator5

Postby Imperator5 » 04 October 2016, 18:49

Scorch715 wrote:What if they implemented the option of different states for the Apocalypse, in a similar fashion to the SM Chapter Master favour. In its base state, the Apocalypse gets 6k lances and the speed of the Retribution. In its other other state, the lance decks can reach out to 12k but its speed drops to that of the Emperor (don't remember the actual speed stats for either BB, just that the Emperor is slower).

Would that be balanced? Depending on which state it's in, you either have a long range support ship for your gun cruisers, stripping shields while the cruisers close in, or a very big Gothic (which is better than it sounds. With a Nova Cannon and gun turrets, plus an extra lance deck, the Apocalypse should be able to engage any target bar carriers with plenty of success, unlike the Gothic which gets out DPSd by everything even in the best circumstances)

Not a bad idea but would not work with Admech favour without the addition of an a new skillbar. The only thing I can think of would be a passive lance range increase if it stays stationary, but I'm afraid how buggy that would be.

Aquilar

Postby Aquilar » 04 October 2016, 20:39

Imperator5 wrote:Wow you have not put much effort into tracking this game's development, right? Weapon ranges and such are very strictly policed by GW.

Oh so I can blame the reason why everything is so terribly balanced right now because of GW, thanks, I'm actually in disbelief that is true because out of every other WH40k game being published right now, they choose this game in particular to have a technical hand in. Bravo you just made my opinion of GW sink to a level I thought that couldn't get any worse. Because no wonder the Emperor class can't launch 8 squadrons.

At least Apocaplyse has a good enough dorsal battery to help out it's lances and those lances let yuo deal consistent damage without going into boarding range.

Imperator5

Postby Imperator5 » 04 October 2016, 23:55

Aquilar wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:Wow you have not put much effort into tracking this game's development, right? Weapon ranges and such are very strictly policed by GW.

Oh so I can blame the reason why everything is so terribly balanced right now because of GW, thanks, I'm actually in disbelief that is true because out of every other WH40k game being published right now, they choose this game in particular to have a technical hand in. Bravo you just made my opinion of GW sink to a level I thought that couldn't get any worse. Because no wonder the Emperor class can't launch 8 squadrons.

At least Apocaplyse has a good enough dorsal battery to help out it's lances and those lances let yuo deal consistent damage without going into boarding range.

Well they do it with every game save for Dow3 for some reason, where lascannons turn into multilasers. But if Tindalos had so much freedom, why not give all those poor Gothics a range boost? Everybody knows they need 9k range.

Aquilar

Postby Aquilar » 05 October 2016, 08:24

Well if anything those lances should get a damage buff, you know, to make a battleship sized threat.

Return to “Imperial Navy”