Emperor: what upgrade should I pick?

Share your glorious tactics. Glory to the Emperor!
BrianDavion

Re: Emperor: what upgrade should I pick?

Postby BrianDavion » 29 April 2016, 04:15

upgrade the augur array. the emperor already has much better sensors then other ships so push this out as much as you can.

angelshard

Postby angelshard » 29 April 2016, 06:21

Mwj is still a great skill for Emperor, I take it together with enhanced induction cells. And as said augur array is very useful too.

Other than that I usually add
ordenance cool down reduction (to get the most out of the 4 launch bays)
5º increased turning (because faster turning is awesome)
Voss shield (I love this upgrade)
50% increased recharge rate (to get more out of Voss)
Targeting Matrix (as you will often be shooting at 6k+ range)

The last two skills is up to personal preference

McNash

Postby McNash » 16 June 2016, 06:09

I would like to know how you feel the Emperor-class right now, so far these last days I have been trying to figure out what to do with it as I feel the Retribution is far better in basically any situation, personally I think the Emperor may need a small speed buff as right now the Mezoa engine seems to be mandatory, I am not convinced about the MWJ as it won't really save this ship from trouble due its abysmal speed.

One strategy I have been using is to bring my Emperor and a Gothic Battleship with a horde of Sword frigates with AP upgrade, I just swarm the closest enemy ship while ordering the Emperor and the Gothic to deal some sniping from far away, this has actually worked a lot better than bringing other capital ships along the Emperor.

Ubikuuu

Postby Ubikuuu » 16 June 2016, 07:36

I use the Emperor situationally.
It is not part of my main battlefleet I use when shit goes down serious, but its good for certain missions or factions when your favored lineup is unavailable.

Its not level 10 yet, and it's unfavored, but it will be:
Inq favor. Skills: Overcharge, shield reload, shield transfer, beacon.
Upgrades: ordinance reload, aim, belt, extra shields, voss.

Yup very slow, no mobility.
I use it with a Mars and a Dominator (both with shield transfer) or three Dauntless for
assassination defender, works actually very well against Eldar, meh against the rest
space station assault and breakthrough both attack and defense, because game mode is bs. Can work
convoy defender, it has same speed as the convoys, good against carriers and Eldar
clash against Eldar if main lineup is unavailable, also usable against IN or Chaos, but don't expect a win.
I am alive and you are all dead

Leveling up Chaos:
Spoiler : :
https://www.twitch.tv/ubikuuu

oldman

Postby oldman » 16 June 2016, 09:31

McNash wrote: I am not convinced about the MWJ as it won't really save this ship from trouble due its abysmal speed.

netiher running will. The extreme range of MWJ on the emperor means although that you can get enough time to recharge your shields or you can go from vanguard to back way back of your fleet. Youc an jump over a full asteroid field.... And most important you can with some luck jump outside the camera of your opponents, gainigna few seconds until he re adquire you on his view. It is all about gaining time.

Beernchips

Postby Beernchips » 16 June 2016, 17:39

I think faster ordnance reload, targetting matrix and voss shield are pretty core upgrades for Emperor.
Other good choices are upgrade sensor range, upgrade shield regen, increase special orders duration, increase macro range

For skills, MWJ and Stasis can help Emperor to retake some range if he is caught in brawl.
Increase shield regen/overcharged shield can give him some good toughness
Repent, for tomorrow you die

Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Imperator5 » 16 June 2016, 20:49

I would go with Admech favour for extra upgrade, than Faster Ordenance, Better ranged aim, belt armour, voss shields, extra +100 shields and faster shield recharge.

MWJ is propably only worth taking on this one ship.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

aprg

Postby aprg » 17 June 2016, 11:16

The Emperor's very strong defensively. It's a great long range support piece.

If you want to attack, however, bring a Retribution. (Or don't bring a battleship at all, which is what I do...)

genghiskhanye

Postby genghiskhanye » 20 July 2016, 17:28

here's a spicy idea for an emperor class build. i call it the magic school bus.

for skills we take the advanced induction cells for 2X manouvre bar. we want to get into the middle of the enemy fleet as soon as possible, so it's a full burn all the way. micro warp jump to get out of trouble faster than we get into it. the emergency capacitor for shield cycling since we're going to be taking a lot of damage, and then the fourth is really season to taste. stasis bomb, disruption bomb, augur probe, rally. it's all good.

for upgrades we're looking at the additional void shield generator, the voss pattern, automated refueling systems, and an additional teleportarium, these choices make themselves. the fifth slot is either the imperial assassin for giggles, though my personal preference is for the additional shield capacitors for the recharge time. this emperor class is going to be a big fat bus in the middle of the enemy fleet, so it needs to soak a lot of damage.

crew skills are three in the squadron sergeant, three in ratings, and then your remaining three can go into either servitors or the commissar. having the extra efficiency from servitors is really good, especially for this build, but commissar gently reminding your admiral that now is not the time to run is also very good, particularly with the amount of damage the ship will probably be eating.

finally, and i'm sure everyone has worked it out, the ship favour will be astartes for the additional 5 troop value, the additional assault action on boarding, and the terminator lightning strike.

so at level 10 we have a total troop rating of 74, with 3 assault actions on our terminator lightning strike, a buttload of durability, and the most potent boarding actions and assault shuttles in the imperial navy. some of the boarding crits i've gotten with the magic school bus are absolutely hisdeos. 2 hard points destroyed and >50% health if the rest of my fleet focuses fire on the target. truly sickening.

anyway that's my 2 cents, and i find it to be a fun and effective build, though i've only played it in skirmish i intend to take it to online play very soon. obviously you have to rename it to 'magic school bus' and the captain to 'miss frizzle' for maximum immersion.

Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Imperator5 » 20 July 2016, 21:01

genghiskhanye wrote:here's a spicy idea for an emperor class build. i call it the magic school bus.

for skills we take the advanced induction cells for 2X manouvre bar. we want to get into the middle of the enemy fleet as soon as possible, so it's a full burn all the way. micro warp jump to get out of trouble faster than we get into it. the emergency capacitor for shield cycling since we're going to be taking a lot of damage, and then the fourth is really season to taste. stasis bomb, disruption bomb, augur probe, rally. it's all good.

for upgrades we're looking at the additional void shield generator, the voss pattern, automated refueling systems, and an additional teleportarium, these choices make themselves. the fifth slot is either the imperial assassin for giggles, though my personal preference is for the additional shield capacitors for the recharge time. this emperor class is going to be a big fat bus in the middle of the enemy fleet, so it needs to soak a lot of damage.

crew skills are three in the squadron sergeant, three in ratings, and then your remaining three can go into either servitors or the commissar. having the extra efficiency from servitors is really good, especially for this build, but commissar gently reminding your admiral that now is not the time to run is also very good, particularly with the amount of damage the ship will probably be eating.

finally, and i'm sure everyone has worked it out, the ship favour will be astartes for the additional 5 troop value, the additional assault action on boarding, and the terminator lightning strike.

so at level 10 we have a total troop rating of 74, with 3 assault actions on our terminator lightning strike, a buttload of durability, and the most potent boarding actions and assault shuttles in the imperial navy. some of the boarding crits i've gotten with the magic school bus are absolutely hisdeos. 2 hard points destroyed and >50% health if the rest of my fleet focuses fire on the target. truly sickening.

anyway that's my 2 cents, and i find it to be a fun and effective build, though i've only played it in skirmish i intend to take it to online play very soon. obviously you have to rename it to 'magic school bus' and the captain to 'miss frizzle' for maximum immersion.

I'm afraid with the SM upgrade , the IN SM terminator strike is identical to the SM upgrade one.

Basically no more extra assaults, but -10 troop value. I know it sucks.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

Return to “Imperial Navy”