Counter-Ork refit: advice needed

Share your glorious tactics. Glory to the Emperor!
7ED

Re: Counter-Ork refit: advice needed

Postby 7ED » 24 May 2016, 23:38

I kite like crazy with Gothics/Overlords/Retribution at 9k range, emissions dissipator, and meson reactor. My ships are fast, and most important, silent, so they can't shoot. I would note that Gothics are weaker at close combat though.

Bludfist

Postby Bludfist » 24 May 2016, 23:53

7ED wrote:I kite like crazy with Gothics/Overlords/Retribution at 9k range, emissions dissipator, and meson reactor. My ships are fast, and most important, silent, so they can't shoot. I would note that Gothics are weaker at close combat though.

insted of gothic why not use tyrants with 3k macro range and targetting matrix upgrades? then you have an option thats strong vs orks, chaos and to a lesser degree even eldar. Gothics are just too underwhelming atm in my eyes
Chaos walking into Aldorf be like
Spoiler : :

Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Imperator5 » 25 May 2016, 18:11

Bludfist wrote:
7ED wrote:I kite like crazy with Gothics/Overlords/Retribution at 9k range, emissions dissipator, and meson reactor. My ships are fast, and most important, silent, so they can't shoot. I would note that Gothics are weaker at close combat though.

insted of gothic why not use tyrants with 3k macro range and targetting matrix upgrades? then you have an option thats strong vs orks, chaos and to a lesser degree even eldar. Gothics are just too underwhelming atm in my eyes

True, but Gothics also ignore the ork prow armour, which can be useful at 9k kiting.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

Bludfist

Postby Bludfist » 25 May 2016, 18:35

do you really feel safe 9k from a orks prow? thats just 1 BRB short of a trakkor pull :?

the way i have my fleet for cruiser set up is 2 tyrants and a dictator for defensive carriers then overlords and an emperor
Chaos walking into Aldorf be like
Spoiler : :

Crnyo

Postby Crnyo » 28 May 2016, 15:33

I really don't get it how you guys can kite Orks with imperial cruisers considering the speed difference among the two isn't that big.

Here is a quick back of the envelope calculation:
It takes about 6 seconds for cruiser to do a 90 degree turn.
So in order to stop, turn to fire a salvo and then do another 90 degree turn to continue running you would need at least 12 seconds.

During those 12 seconds Orks can close about 1500 distance. Lets see how much time you need to regain that distance:
Upgraded Imperial cruisers have measly 25 speed advantage over Orks. If both parties are using afterburners the speed difference will increase to 50. That means you need 30 seconds of running before you can turn again and shoot.

All this means you can fire one salvo every 42 seconds. I'm not sure how you guys are killing any Orks with that low of a DPS. I think Ork zap guns do more damage than that.
Weirdboyz iz the new WAAAGH

Return to “Imperial Navy”