Nova Cannon random spread BUTTHURT THREAD

Share your glorious tactics. Glory to the Emperor!
Uksharazad87
(Former) Technical Tester

Re: Nova Cannon random spread BUTTHURT THREAD

Postby Uksharazad87 » 01 May 2016, 12:39

Im honestly not Butthurt. I use nova cannons as Super long range Pot shots, and close range Sniping to blast fleeing ships. (CLose range = 6000-7000 range)

I have no issue's with them atm. There amazingly strong when they hit (Plasma bomb on what, 20-30sec cd.) so what if its innacurate

In my singleplayer campaign Fleet i have Two nova cannons. thats all. On Mars's. Over 25 turns I think i've Misses compleatly (no damage done) about 30 times. the Nova Cannon is Situational. Use it as such, if you want uber long range Damage, area denial Use torps. at 6-9k range that Nova Cannons is LETHAL.

Imperator5

Postby Imperator5 » 05 May 2016, 09:41

Uksharazad87 wrote:Im honestly not Butthurt. I use nova cannons as Super long range Pot shots, and close range Sniping to blast fleeing ships. (CLose range = 6000-7000 range)

I have no issue's with them atm. There amazingly strong when they hit (Plasma bomb on what, 20-30sec cd.) so what if its innacurate

In my singleplayer campaign Fleet i have Two nova cannons. thats all. On Mars's. Over 25 turns I think i've Misses compleatly (no damage done) about 30 times. the Nova Cannon is Situational. Use it as such, if you want uber long range Damage, area denial Use torps. at 6-9k range that Nova Cannons is LETHAL.

You do realise that they have taken the "more accurate at short range" part out in patches, right?

It is now pretty useless in all and every situation. Also, Cd is 40-60 sec lol.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

Turest

Postby Turest » 05 May 2016, 11:19

The thing i always find funny about the nova cannon is that if you fire it at extreme range. it can actually land outside of its maximum... makes me wonder why its maximum isnt another 10km but then we have the same issue there :D

Spector

Postby Spector » 05 May 2016, 11:43

I must be playing vs cheaters using Imperials all the time then. I haven't seen more then 5 misses in the 50+ nova shots directed at my Chaos ships.

You here write about low accuracy while I have lost shields on my ships almost every time I was shot by a nova cannon.

What exactly do you people call bad accuracy? That the enemy ship doesn't end up in the perfect center of your aim circle? It's has 4,000 or so hit radius, and even an hairline nick hit takes out whole shields.
My YouTube channel with BFG:A videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/perafilozof

Turest

Postby Turest » 05 May 2016, 12:59

Spector wrote:I must be playing vs cheaters using Imperials all the time then. I haven't seen more then 5 misses in the 50+ nova shots directed at my Chaos ships.

You here write about low accuracy while I have lost shields on my ships almost every time I was shot by a nova cannon.

What exactly do you people call bad accuracy? That the enemy ship doesn't end up in the perfect center of your aim circle? It's has 4,000 or so hit radius, and even an hairline nick hit takes out whole shields.

Personally as someone who has a couple of Nova cannon ships in my fleet, I dont mind the way they are currently. I remember quite well some moments on the TT when a well placed NC could insta-cripple even a battleship. now THAT would be broken as hell :D

plus it feels great when they do actually land on target.

Shaftoe
Location: Imperium of Man, Holy Terra, Territory of Ancient Russia.

Postby Shaftoe » 05 May 2016, 14:04

I'm joining to this session of HOLY HATRED!!!

NOVA SUCKS! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?! NOW IT BEGS FOR +10-20% ACCURACY BUFF ON ALL RANGES!

IT'S HERESY *BLAM*
"There is no such thing as innocence, merely variety of degrees of guilt" - Inquisitorial motto.

Deuzerre

Postby Deuzerre » 05 May 2016, 15:09

You guys realize that a very wide, not shown area, spills half the damage? Even quite large misses often take out half of the enemy shields.
"Common sense isn't as common as the name would imply"

Halstead

Postby Halstead » 05 May 2016, 22:56

Spector wrote:I must be playing vs cheaters using Imperials all the time then. I haven't seen more then 5 misses in the 50+ nova shots directed at my Chaos ships.

You don't see the IN player's original aiming point. The "impact" point is the actual landing point and it does not always match the aiming point. Try out IN in Solo Skirmish and use NC ships.

Cripple X

Postby Cripple X » 11 May 2016, 16:33

I'll throw in my two cents and say that I am not a fan of the Nova Cannon at all. It needs help. It's too inaccurate to be at all practical. This wouldn't bother me normally because IN has other viable choices, except that the Nova Cannon is treated as a "selling feature" of the IN faction. If they took it off the list of +Pros for the faction and replaced it with another benefit then I wouldn't care. But, for something to be considered a staple of the faction it has to be consistently beneficial and the Nova Cannon is not.

I do think the Mass Nova cannon build in Beta was too strong, but now I think the NC got over-nerfed to the point that it's useless. I've tried Nova Cannons as they stand now and I was/am greatly underwhelmed.

I'd rather see the NC's damage slashed and it's accuracy greatly improved or else make it a single target weapon. I don't want it to be the be-all and end-all of weapons, but I do want to actually do something.

Edit: Maybe they could put in an Upgrade that makes it more accurate?
Last edited by Cripple X on 11 May 2016, 18:14, edited 1 time in total.
The Emperor is master of the galaxy, but the Captain is master of his ship.

Deuzerre

Postby Deuzerre » 11 May 2016, 17:59

The AoE indocator is wrong and there is a lot of splash damage.
It may have a lot of spread, but it rarely ever totally misses.
"Common sense isn't as common as the name would imply"

Return to “Imperial Navy”