Nova Cannon random spread BUTTHURT THREAD

Share your glorious tactics. Glory to the Emperor!
DamnedComrad

Nova Cannon random spread BUTTHURT THREAD

Postby DamnedComrad » 23 April 2016, 10:32

pIYHUuxE8AA - копия.jpg
pIYHUuxE8AA - копия.jpg (127.92 KiB) Viewed 3405 times

Seriously, what the heck? How it even got there? I was't really angry about RNG of Nova Cannon before it hit WAY OUT OF THE SPREAD CIRCLE AT THE POINT BLANK RANGE, while it could hit THREE ENEMY VESSELS and didn't just because RNG or what the hell it is, isn't Nova supposed to be more accurate at closer range? Please tell me, pic related is a scheme of that insane clusterfrag that happened.

Avlaen

Re: Nova Cannon random spread BUTTHURT THREAD

Postby Avlaen » 23 April 2016, 12:06

thats what happens when the nova cannons nerfed to hell. :P

Dreese5581

Postby Dreese5581 » 23 April 2016, 12:10

They actually dont seem that bad, specially vs eldar without shields. Yes at long range your not gonna hit your target, but the area you hit is larger then the circle. They actually unnerfed them slightly with this latest patch.
Fanatic Table Top Player
The Lord Tzeentch compels me!
Come to the side of Chaos, for we have cookies!

Avlaen

Postby Avlaen » 23 April 2016, 12:35

Dreese5581 wrote:They actually dont seem that bad, specially vs eldar without shields. Yes at long range your not gonna hit your target, but the area you hit is larger then the circle. They actually unnerfed them slightly with this latest patch.

they did both they made them less accurate at close range more accurate at long AND then made them take 3 seconds not to fire and added the circle. overall thats a nerf.

Dreese5581

Postby Dreese5581 » 23 April 2016, 12:41

Avlaen wrote:
Dreese5581 wrote:They actually dont seem that bad, specially vs eldar without shields. Yes at long range your not gonna hit your target, but the area you hit is larger then the circle. They actually unnerfed them slightly with this latest patch.

they did both they made them less accurate at close range more accurate at long AND then made them take 3 seconds not to fire and added the circle. overall thats a nerf.

Ah ok ya i completely forgot about the circle thing. Your right. Still worth taking. Although they are no longer sooo good that all you see is Nova Spam.
Fanatic Table Top Player

Avlaen

Postby Avlaen » 23 April 2016, 12:43

Dreese5581 wrote:
Avlaen wrote:

Ah ok ya i completely forgot about the circle thing. Your right. Still worth taking. Although they are no longer sooo good that all you see is Nova Spam.

they are only really useful against eldar atm.

RedFish

Postby RedFish » 23 April 2016, 13:55

Nova Cannon is fine. I severely dislike the design of it, but balance wise it's at an ok place.

1 Nova Cannon is terrible, obviously, but it gets progressively more terrifying the more stack up, and you can have quite a few out.

It's unfortunately the only thing that can really help you force Chaos and Eldar to engage on your terms.

GrenAcid

Postby GrenAcid » 23 April 2016, 16:27

If nova cannon is so damn powerful put it on longer CD its that simple.

Right now Novas are wasted space on ship.....since you miss badly on minimum range.
Even with eldar there is no point in taking Novas when you can take fast melta torpedos.

Dreese5581

Postby Dreese5581 » 23 April 2016, 17:25

well fast melta takes an upgrade slot while nc doesnt. Something like a Mars with cooldown reductions is great, quicker nova and attack craft.

Game isnt balanced really well atm. NC kinda makes IN hard to balance due to how effect mass fire can be (assuming they can hit). You might get a buff, but preferable not anything major atm. You might also just not be aiming well, dont know havent seen you played. Ive seen them used very well against me, since they have basically become one more skill shot you get.
Fanatic Table Top Player

Keioel

Postby Keioel » 23 April 2016, 17:56

Nova cannons were fine before, but because it was only IN vs Chaos everyone whined and got them nerfed. The irony now is that to be truly effective you need to take multiple nova cannons, so all the whining about multiple nova cannons has led to...multiple nova cannons.

Return to “Imperial Navy”