Kiting Eldar - Literally the most unfun thing in the game.

Share your glorious tactics. Glory to the Emperor!
Calixis

Kiting Eldar - Literally the most unfun thing in the game.

Postby Calixis » 21 April 2016, 22:18

I'm so sick and tired of Cruiser Clash against Eldar where the entire game turns into nothing but "chase the enemy around the map in a circle," I've noticed this is especially obnoxious when the enemy KNOWS they've lost. At least if there's still a decent chance for them to win, I can understand it as a viable tactic to hit-and-run your ships but when it's one crippled ship versus pretty much the entire fleet you know it's out of spite. Chaos players do this as well, but at least as Imperial Navy you've got better odds of catching up to them. Usually, I can send a ship or two 'ahead' of their predicted route and catch them off-guard, but much of the time they can just pull an emergency turn and zoom out. I've been targeting the engines to counter-act this, but even with Boarding Actions and Lightning Strikes it's still an obnoxiously random chance (though I guess that's preferable to them taking out mine and leaving me a sitting duck like in beta).

Seriously, this has happened in my last four damn games (also against Chaos, granted). I've won them all, but the last ten-fifteen minutes were unnecessary. I lost one game after having the game crash after ten minutes of chasing one damn ship, which of course cost me the game against my otherwise fully intact fleet.

God forbid you're playing as Orks. You guys must have the patience of saints.

Yes, this is a rage thread. QQ, git good, etc.

JorpA

Re: Kiting Eldar - Literally the most unfun thing in the game.

Postby JorpA » 21 April 2016, 22:42

It's how you play chaos with upgraded 15k lances or carriers that's all you can do try to keep distance. What did you expect? Ofc the chaos guy wont go full ahead towards you to your range... No matter what the situation is why should he\she? And most stupid thing to do on low hp cripled ship is trying to warp if you have not enough distance to enemy or cloud cover. So thous guys might have been looking for opportunity to warp. Next time when this happens to you tell your enemy on chat that you let him/her to Warp and actually let the guy warp and if this is impossible for you then you are greedy and deserve to work your way to that last kill no matter how long it takes.

Calixis

Postby Calixis » 21 April 2016, 22:45

Yes, I tell people they can/should Warp. The problem is, they don't seem to care. At least in my experience. For some reason most people would rather go down in flames.

BrianDavion

Postby BrianDavion » 21 April 2016, 23:06

my guess is they're new players who don't realize they CAN warp out (everyone should do the first 3 missions of the campaign IMHO) or people who have had luck with making their enemy give up in disgust.

that or they are listed as the defender and know if they can keep that lone hemlock alive for 20 minutes they win.

Toranth

Postby Toranth » 21 April 2016, 23:17

Calixis wrote:Yes, I tell people they can/should Warp. The problem is, they don't seem to care. At least in my experience. For some reason most people would rather go down in flames.

To warp out, your units need to stop moving for, what, 15 seconds? If there are any enemy units nearby, they will shred your little damaged Eldar vessel like paper. So I keep running until I'm safe enough to jump.

If you want them to warp out, let them open the distance and use chat to say "Go ahead and warp out". If they keep kiting, then kill them, they're jerks and deserve it.

BrianDavion

Postby BrianDavion » 21 April 2016, 23:27

Toranth wrote:
Calixis wrote:Yes, I tell people they can/should Warp. The problem is, they don't seem to care. At least in my experience. For some reason most people would rather go down in flames.

To warp out, your units need to stop moving for, what, 15 seconds? If there are any enemy units nearby, they will shred your little damaged Eldar vessel like paper. So I keep running until I'm safe enough to jump.

If you want them to warp out, let them open the distance and use chat to say "Go ahead and warp out". If they keep kiting, then kill them, they're jerks and deserve it.

this is worth noting. warping out requires you to stop. if an eldar ship stops it dies.

Attackmack
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Attackmack » 21 April 2016, 23:36

The "reason" is because death/destruction doesnt have much of a consequence.

I can see no way the developers could implement a feature that would stop players from "running away" with their fast ships in any way that wont interfere with the games assymetrical setup.

ErikModi

Postby ErikModi » 21 April 2016, 23:37

Aaannd this is why I don't PvP.

Dedjim

Postby Dedjim » 22 April 2016, 02:14

You do realize Eldar instantly blow up if they get in Mid range????? The game is totally broken. Eldar can only kite... they can't even beat lighter craft at mid or short range. Sad game

Spoonie

Postby Spoonie » 22 April 2016, 02:39

Well, it's a very binary two way street. If Eldar get caught, they'll pretty much lose to anything with macro cannons at even semi-prolonged short range. But if they're able to stay out of your weapon range 95-100% of the time and hit with 9k+ pulsars every 30 seconds they're basically unbeatable.

Return to “Imperial Navy”