The imperial Adeptus Mechanicus Looks Stupid

Share your glorious tactics. Glory to the Emperor!
User avatar
Ahzek Ahriman
Posts: 434
Joined: 15 May 2016, 12:51
Location: Krakow, Poland
Contact:

Re: The imperial Adeptus Mechanicus Looks Stupid

Postby Ahzek Ahriman » 10 August 2016, 14:25

NickEcho wrote:
MYNAME? wrote:
NickEcho wrote:Personally, I hate the red and green color scheme some much, I can't wait for the promised feature of being able to choose colors for your ships(HURRY UP TINDALOS).


Prepare to be dissapointed though. Its very likely they wont let you color over marks


Why not? The giant cog skull will still be there, signifying that its still an adeptus mechanicus vessel. Except it will lose its repulsive red-green color scheme.


Just because you don't like red/green scheme doesn't mean it's "repulsive". You can't have everything and you can't please everyone. I love it the most out of all IN favours, so my opinion alone cancells out your single dislike and there are other people too. I'm sure there are other things in this game you do like the look of. And the fact it retains IN look instead of turning ships into dedicated admech vessels only makes it better. Plus it's very highly likely you won't be able to paint over favour colouring so deal with it.
The sentence below is true
Spoiler : :
The sentence above is false

User avatar
NickEcho
Posts: 74
Joined: 08 April 2016, 05:36
Contact:

Re: The imperial Adeptus Mechanicus Looks Stupid

Postby NickEcho » 10 August 2016, 19:24

I'll "deal with it" when the update comes without the ability to color over that nasty red/green scheme. Meanwhile, you'll have to deal with the opinions of everyone on this forum, mine included.
Last edited by NickEcho on 17 October 2016, 23:35, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester
Posts: 3063
Joined: 22 December 2015, 07:46
Contact:

Re: The imperial Adeptus Mechanicus Looks Stupid

Postby Imperator5 » 10 August 2016, 21:49

Yeah the SM one is butt ugly i'm afraid. yellow and baby blue.

I do feel that the =I= should get the green windows, and AM should have orange-red windows.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

User avatar
Ashardalon
Posts: 567
Joined: 12 April 2016, 12:53
Contact:

Re: The imperial Adeptus Mechanicus Looks Stupid

Postby Ashardalon » 10 August 2016, 22:46

I do feel that the =I= should get the green windows, and AM should have orange-red windows.

i disagree the Mechanicus wouldn't have lights inside they dont need them, so the only light would be coming from the screens which i still imagine as those old-fashioned green ones
i dont think those windows are green because of colored glass, thats a waste of resources the Mechanicus frowns on that

User avatar
Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester
Posts: 3063
Joined: 22 December 2015, 07:46
Contact:

Re: The imperial Adeptus Mechanicus Looks Stupid

Postby Imperator5 » 11 August 2016, 08:22

Ashardalon wrote:
I do feel that the =I= should get the green windows, and AM should have orange-red windows.

i disagree the Mechanicus wouldn't have lights inside they dont need them, so the only light would be coming from the screens which i still imagine as those old-fashioned green ones
i dont think those windows are green because of colored glass, thats a waste of resources the Mechanicus frowns on that


While they do not really need as much light level as humans (neither marines nor admech nor ork do) those are not purpose built AM ships. Plus they may like lights based on aesthetic/spiritual reasons.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

User avatar
Ashardalon
Posts: 567
Joined: 12 April 2016, 12:53
Contact:

Re: The imperial Adeptus Mechanicus Looks Stupid

Postby Ashardalon » 11 August 2016, 09:03

Imperator5 wrote:
Ashardalon wrote:
I do feel that the =I= should get the green windows, and AM should have orange-red windows.

i disagree the Mechanicus wouldn't have lights inside they dont need them, so the only light would be coming from the screens which i still imagine as those old-fashioned green ones
i dont think those windows are green because of colored glass, thats a waste of resources the Mechanicus frowns on that


While they do not really need as much light level as humans (neither marines nor admech nor ork do) those are not purpose built AM ships. Plus they may like lights based on aesthetic/spiritual reasons.

possibly true they are tiny windows its hard to tell, still its how i imagine it, mostly because those green screens were cool
ps orks actually have worse night vision than humans, and if you keep them out of the sun too long they go pale and flabby
the more you know brought to you by the ordo xenos

User avatar
Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester
Posts: 3063
Joined: 22 December 2015, 07:46
Contact:

Re: The imperial Adeptus Mechanicus Looks Stupid

Postby Imperator5 » 11 August 2016, 15:33

Ashardalon wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:
Ashardalon wrote:i disagree the Mechanicus wouldn't have lights inside they dont need them, so the only light would be coming from the screens which i still imagine as those old-fashioned green ones
i dont think those windows are green because of colored glass, thats a waste of resources the Mechanicus frowns on that


While they do not really need as much light level as humans (neither marines nor admech nor ork do) those are not purpose built AM ships. Plus they may like lights based on aesthetic/spiritual reasons.

possibly true they are tiny windows its hard to tell, still its how i imagine it, mostly because those green screens were cool
ps orks actually have worse night vision than humans, and if you keep them out of the sun too long they go pale and flabby
the more you know brought to you by the ordo xenos


The books I read says they got quite keen night vision. Not as good as Astartes or Eldar, but above human levels.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

User avatar
Ashardalon
Posts: 567
Joined: 12 April 2016, 12:53
Contact:

Re: The imperial Adeptus Mechanicus Looks Stupid

Postby Ashardalon » 11 August 2016, 20:37

according to Jurgen and Amberly Vail those books are wrong, although with ork aim being what it is and ork mentality in general you probably wont see the difference, the pale and flabby part was from a haemonculus (let the galaxy burn) so it might have been Gomorrah having a unique influence
i am quite curious about what books that were as orks having kinda bad nightvision seemed like a standard in most books i have read

User avatar
Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester
Posts: 3063
Joined: 22 December 2015, 07:46
Contact:

Re: The imperial Adeptus Mechanicus Looks Stupid

Postby Imperator5 » 12 August 2016, 16:16

Ashardalon wrote:according to Jurgen and Amberly Vail those books are wrong, although with ork aim being what it is and ork mentality in general you probably wont see the difference, the pale and flabby part was from a haemonculus (let the galaxy burn) so it might have been Gomorrah having a unique influence
i am quite curious about what books that were as orks having kinda bad nightvision seemed like a standard in most books i have read


I use the Cain books seldom for lore, for I think it is "unreliable narrator" thing. Amberley I think thinks that necron pariahs are psykers and humans pariahs counter their psykerness. She also has no knowledge of infrared sensors and thinks they are unique to the tau, something ork kommandos, IG commandos, and every space marine has. She also says that SM are not immune to Genestealers, which has been retconned a decade ago. So she is unreliable narrator, akin to the... Kelly Bundy of the 41st millenium. She is nice but it pays to believe the opposite of what she says is true. Jurgen is a more reliable one, but his knowledge is not hard science but "word of mouth" type of thing.

Let the galaxy burn as in the old anthology of short stories?

What I got is mostly from the IG novels about them and the Space Wolf and space marine books.

Though for a genetically engineered warrior, race, bad night vision is not a good idea.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.


Return to “Imperial Navy”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests

cron