Fleet Setup For 600p 700p All Rounder Imperial Navy ?

Share your glorious tactics. Glory to the Emperor!
Kine²

Postby Kine² » 04 April 2016, 10:39

Tremedous help on this thread so thanks for all the input. Just to update, early losses right after restarting my Imperial admiral put me into the vicious cycle of a losing streak. Damaged all my light cruisers in first 2 matches at the start meant I automatically lose the next few matches as well and so on. Anyways, I'm back on track and at Admiral lvl. 5

Here's a screenie of my port:
http://i.imgur.com/8J1fKxu.jpg

Previous Imperial fleet was built around Terminator lightning strikes with shield transfer. Plan normally have me going in, crit the shit out of one or two ships and gtfo before checking what I took out and what I can do next. Usually me planting a bullet sponge and tank it with shields while I destroy hostile ships one by one. Works ok but very RNG'ish because alot of the matches depend on what I crit out and what I didn't.

This time around and inspired mostly from watching Chaos vs Chaos videos on Youtube I decided to try gofasta maneuverability stasis spams to isolate focus fire targets. But using Imperial Navy. Horrible horrible track record against Ork and I lose a bit more to other Imperials. Odds against Chaos got better though.

Here's a video of a small scale 300p cruiser clash versus Chaos. Better speed and boost + Stasis helps alot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lGk-knwC0M

versus other Imperials
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsDbx6wMgLA

Dauntless Mk. instead of vanilla coz I suspect not being able to Crit stuff regularly means I will need to lay down more hurt up front. Nova Cruiser with Torp LC's plays weird but why not. MWJ on Dominator so I can either realign for a follow up Nova or get back in formation with my torpedo boats.

1. Battlecruiser slot opened up so now looking for suggestions .. what goes well with speedy Dominator + Dauntless Mk.2's ?

2. Favour on these guys ? Is Adeptus Astartes still worth it ?
no victory without war New Game Mode Suggestion

clench

Re: Fleet Setup For 600p 700p All Rounder Imperial Navy ?

Postby clench » 04 April 2016, 11:50

You need one Astartes ship for data missions. You need high troop value as you can for those so you can fend off lightning strikes or terminators to steal data. I think Astartes Overlord works best for these missions.

Overlord is a really good BC for that IMO, you can spec it for range and/or brawling.

I think every IN fleet needs 1 Mars 1 Overlord 1 Dictator then you can fill in the blanks for the rest of the cruisers. I always have one carrier in my fleets. I prefer the dictator because it's cheaper but when it's repairing or lost in warp I bring a Mars. Two Lunars, a Gothic/Tyrant combo. I prefer 1 gothic and 1 tyrant, I like ships with weapons that perfectly synergize with their upgrades. Lunars are really good ships, but they have two weapon types so picking upgrades is more difficult. Dominators are good ships, probably the best macro brawlers in the game, but I prefer torps to nova cannon now. You pretty much need to go all in on Nova Cannon now or it's worthless. Even then it's not very effective for anything except forcing the enemy to close. Now I feel range is more important than brawling ability for IN now that Orks are in and it's always good against Chaos.

All my ships start with getting +speed and +range now. I haven't lost any ships in combat in 15 games now minimum on everything above LC, some have survived a lot longer than that. When I rarely bring an LC it's usually a kamikaze astartes boarding ship.

Sleep

Postby Sleep » 04 April 2016, 13:44

What about crew? How do you allocate points, what is the most important on what ship?

Lord Nirgal

Postby Lord Nirgal » 04 April 2016, 13:55

This is my fleet setup since i discarded the novacannon spam when i was level 5 (first day of beta XD ), adjusted and evolved by playing:

-Wall of Battle 600pts:
-Overlord x1
-Gothic x2
-Lunar x1
(you can switch for lunar x2 and gothic x1 depends on the match and your preferences).

-Wall of Battle 700pts:
-Retribution x1
-Overlord x1
-Gothic x1
-Lunar x1
(you can switch gothic and lunar for a couple of each if needed)

This is a full torpedo setup and atm i use a heavy adeptus mechanicus fleet with shield transfers and a couple of recon beacons and stasis bombs. I called it Wall of Battle opposed to the Line of Battle because you have to position your ships side by side facing the enemy to use your torpedoes and using your overlapping firing arcs to protect your flanks, once the "torpedo phase" has ended you can smash into the enemy formation using your broadsides or you can simply flip your ships while burning retros to bring all the broadsides of your fleet to bear. Once the engagement is broken into a melee you can easly brake the enemy thx to your compact positioning even after losing formation.
Another nice thing is the fact that with mjd you can switch ships in each position, this means that you can actually shield the ships in the center of the wall because any enemy firing into them from the sides will have their shots blocked by the external ships, once the external ships are in danger you can repostion your entire fleet (even changing facing if needed) with a different lineout bringing the most damaged ships inside the wall and the fresh ones outside.

clench

Postby clench » 04 April 2016, 14:07

Sleep wrote:What about crew? How do you allocate points, what is the most important on what ship?

Almost always max gunner, servitors, and troop value. On inquisition ships I'll max tech priest as well.

On carrier I'll max squad sarge, troops, and servitors.

Alekan

Postby Alekan » 04 April 2016, 18:00

Boarding defense doesn’t matter for Data retrieval. If you get boarded, they just steal the data 100% of the time. I ‘had’ a Marine cruiser that I tossed when I realized the troop count did nothing for stopping this. Only things that matter is not letting them get in range, not losing shields, or simply having more lightning strikes than the other guy. They steal from you, you steal back, they steal from you, you strike from another ship etc.
A stealth CL is your best bet. Start in a map corner and just run to another corner. If a ship gets in range and steals the data, just steal it back with your own lightning strike.

Also, I strongly second the idea that you always need a carrier for IN. 2 fighter squads on autocast largely counter Bombers and Ork/Imperial torpedo spam.

aetaosraukeres

Postby aetaosraukeres » 04 April 2016, 18:08

Alekan wrote:Also, I strongly second the idea that you always need a carrier for IN. 2 fighter squads on autocast largely counter Bombers and Ork/Imperial torpedo spam.

yes pls. So i know exactly where you are despite silent running

clench

Postby clench » 04 April 2016, 18:09

Alekan wrote:Boarding defense doesn’t matter for Data retrieval. If you get boarded, they just steal the data 100% of the time. I ‘had’ a Marine cruiser that I tossed when I realized the troop count did nothing for stopping this. Only things that matter is not letting them get in range, not losing shields, or simply having more lightning strikes than the other guy. They steal from you, you steal back, they steal from you, you strike from another ship etc.
A stealth CL is your best bet. Start in a map corner and just run to another corner. If a ship gets in range and steals the data, just steal it back with your own lightning strike.

Also, I strongly second the idea that you always need a carrier for IN. 2 fighter squads on autocast largely counter Bombers and Ork/Imperial torpedo spam.

Are you sure that's true? I haven't test it and I'm willing to believe you.

I still really like my Overlord Astartes strike cruiser. Speed, shields, hull, range, extra lightning strikes.

Distruption bomb, MWJ, and void transfer.

Rush right into the enemy fleet, take out their shields with a bomb on the way in, lightning strike then MWJ right out of there.

It's survived over 30 battles so I'm reluctant to get rid of it even if what you're saying is true.

Alekan

Postby Alekan » 04 April 2016, 18:28

aetaosraukeres wrote:
Alekan wrote:Also, I strongly second the idea that you always need a carrier for IN. 2 fighter squads on autocast largely counter Bombers and Ork/Imperial torpedo spam.

Silent running is a waste of a fleet CD for IN. Use Chaos instead.

clench

Postby clench » 04 April 2016, 18:41

aetaosraukeres wrote:

I'm more likely to use reload than silent running. Nova Cannon is nerfed to the point it's useless.

You're going to know where I am from the massive waves of torpedo anyway.

Return to “Imperial Navy”