Gothic Class Cruiser Damage

Share your glorious tactics. Glory to the Emperor!
Pleb Squasher

Gothic Class Cruiser Damage

Postby Pleb Squasher » 19 March 2016, 16:08

So I am wondering, exactly how much damage does each lance battery do on this ship?
Each lance battery turret has 6 barrels, however the vessel obviously does not do 24 X 12 damage when firing a full broadside.

I am asking partly because I like to use the gothic class, however its damage seems lack luster, knowing the actual damage values would be of great help.

VanHoven

Re: Gothic Class Cruiser Damage

Postby VanHoven » 19 March 2016, 16:19

i assume that for chaos it's 1 lance shot per barrel, but for IN its 1 shot per turret, it makes a lot of sense dps wise and thus the gothic having 2 turrets per broadside module would have 4 dps per side.

I came to this conclusion because the prow and dorsal lance weapons for chaos are stating 1 attack per barrel, while the dorsal lances of the retribution have 1 attack per turret.

To explain it as best as i can for those with doubt in their mind ;)

Oh and btw it's also perfectly according to TT rules and stats for the cruisers

Jectulg

Postby Jectulg » 19 March 2016, 16:42

It should be noted that lances ignore armor and auto hit, so despite what looks bad at first it is actually the best Imperial cruiser at 6k (and 9k if you up its range). It is also the most consistent Imperial cruiser.

Lucifronsun

Postby Lucifronsun » 19 March 2016, 16:58

You can simply look on the tooltip. It does 4x12 damage every 12 seconds. That is if both sides are firing, cut it in half for a broadside.

Jectulg

Postby Jectulg » 19 March 2016, 17:07

The tooltips can be unhelpful at times as it is per mount not per battery meaning everything does more damage than how they initially appear on them.

Candor

Postby Candor » 20 March 2016, 00:13

There's a spreadsheet with DPM tables floating around somewhere.

Be aware, the Refined Lenses upgrade doesn't always apply to the Gothic Class.
"Our country will, I believe, sooner forgive an officer for attacking an enemy than for letting it alone."

Pleb Squasher

Postby Pleb Squasher » 20 March 2016, 02:03

Candor wrote:There's a spreadsheet with DPM tables floating around somewhere.

Doesn't always apply?? Is it bugged?

Candor

Postby Candor » 20 March 2016, 02:06

Pleb Squasher wrote:
Candor wrote:There's a spreadsheet with DPM tables floating around somewhere.

Doesn't always apply?? Is it bugged?

Yup. Same for Chaos's Acheron class (although that's less frequent, and it already has a 12K range so it's not a massive annoyance)

I haven't tested to see if other lance weapons are immune to this big though
"Our country will, I believe, sooner forgive an officer for attacking an enemy than for letting it alone."

Pleb Squasher

Postby Pleb Squasher » 20 March 2016, 02:07

Lucifronsun wrote:You can simply look on the tooltip. It does 4x12 damage every 12 seconds. That is if both sides are firing, cut it in half for a broadside.

The tooltip isn't helpful though. The ship certainly doesn't do only 24 damage (single broadside) every 12 seconds as that is utter shit. Macros, despite their accuracy issues, have more reliable DPS than that and we know that the Gothic class has better and more reliable DPS than macro armed ships.

Remember that tooltips don't give you all the information. Macros fire one shot per each barrel, whereas the tooltips suggest that the entire battery only fires a single shot.

Updated tooltips would be nice, as a tooltip which requires explanation on the forums isn't very useful :(

Return to “Imperial Navy”