Thoughts on Imperium

Share your glorious tactics. Glory to the Emperor!
Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Re: Thoughts on Imperium

Postby Imperator5 » 20 March 2016, 08:55

Here is how the only canon Admech ship from BFG looks:

http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

GreySeer

Postby GreySeer » 20 March 2016, 09:12

Shaftoe wrote:
GreySeer wrote:Probably I should answer your question impolitely. Instead, I'll give you one picture

My post had jocular nature. I should point out this because people have a very serious problem with distinguishing when I'm joking and when I'm serious. Anyway, my challenge turned against me apparently.

Imperator5 wrote:Here is how the only canon Admech ship from BFG looks:

Yes, but how you have noticed this is admech ship, no imperial navy, any forge world of the adeptus mechanicus have his own and independent from the empire powerful fleet and army. I don't look on favours as ships of specified imperial fraction, I look on them as ships of imperial navy which are for some reason supported by those factions.
Praise the Machine God
Bless His construct-creations
And death to those who are not part of His grand design

Shaftoe
Location: Imperium of Man, Holy Terra, Territory of Ancient Russia.

Postby Shaftoe » 20 March 2016, 09:21

GreySeer wrote:
Shaftoe wrote:
GreySeer wrote:Probably I should answer your question impolitely. Instead, I'll give you one picture

My post had jocular nature. I should point out this because people have a very serious problem with distinguishing when I'm joking and when I'm serious. Anyway, my challenge turned against me apparently.

Imperator5 wrote:Here is how the only canon Admech ship from BFG looks:

Yes, but how you have noticed this is admech ship, no imperial navy, any forge world of the adeptus mechanicus have his own and independent from the empire powerful fleet and army. I don't look on favours as ships of specified imperial fraction, I look on them as ships of imperial navy which are for some reason supported by those factions.

And that way they shouldn't share traditional Black-Red color scheme, but Red-Black instead. Sounds good enough to me.
"There is no such thing as innocence, merely variety of degrees of guilt" - Inquisitorial motto.

GreySeer

Postby GreySeer » 20 March 2016, 09:25

Shaftoe wrote:
GreySeer wrote:Yes, but how you have noticed this is admech ship, no imperial navy, any forge world of the adeptus mechanicus have his own and independent from the empire powerful fleet and army. I don't look on favours as ships of specified imperial fraction, I look on them as ships of imperial navy which are for some reason supported by those factions.

And that way they shouldn't share traditional Black-Red color scheme, but Red-Black instead. Sounds good enough to me.

Colours vary depending on the forge world from which they come. Red-Black scheme it is the most popular but not the only one.
Praise the Machine God
Bless His construct-creations
And death to those who are not part of His grand design

BrianDavion

Postby BrianDavion » 20 March 2016, 10:28

GreySeer wrote:
Shaftoe wrote:
GreySeer wrote:Yes, but how you have noticed this is admech ship, no imperial navy, any forge world of the adeptus mechanicus have his own and independent from the empire powerful fleet and army. I don't look on favours as ships of specified imperial fraction, I look on them as ships of imperial navy which are for some reason supported by those factions.

Colours vary depending on the forge world from which they come. Red-Black scheme it is the most popular but not the only one.

Indeed Metalica uses white.

that said, the admech has their own ship design(s) but they also use variations of standard Imperial designs. The Admech employs the following hulls (per the "ships of mars" supplement)
Emperor and Retribution class battleships, Dictator, Tyrant, Lunar, Gothic cruisers, Defiant, Endevor and endurance light cruisers,

there are a varity of ways the admech player can, for points choose to upgrade the ships in some ways, such as replacing bow torpedo tubes with a nova cannon.

Shaftoe
Location: Imperium of Man, Holy Terra, Territory of Ancient Russia.

Postby Shaftoe » 20 March 2016, 11:09

You're all talking about something unreal regarding Mechanicus.

Once again, my suggestion regarding Favors:
1) Make Inquisitorial ships' hulls mate instead of glossy.
2) Make Mechanicus windows normal yellow, instead of strange green
3) Make Naval favor call in 3 Cobras or 2 Swords or 2 Firestorms (Random).
4) Make Space Marines favor forward skeleton statue more... massive, to endure ramming actions.

If you agreed with me, please try to spread it. Devs won't see buried comments, so we'll have to force good suggestions all together.
"There is no such thing as innocence, merely variety of degrees of guilt" - Inquisitorial motto.

Lord Nirgal

Postby Lord Nirgal » 20 March 2016, 15:47

Raven wrote:@Lord Nirgal:
my comments on the ships are based not only on actual gameplay testing I did with them, but also by looking at their mathematically best performance potential under ideal circumstances. Now its important to note that I don't consider Overlords, for example, useless, the issue I have with the Overlord is that it's a Battlecruiser with LESS maximum firepower than a Dominator, which seems completly wrong to me, given that a Dominator also has a NC and costs less. Sure, the Overlord is more useful at 6k+ ranges than the Dominator, but that's a matter of how effective you play a Dominator. It is definitly possible to get in 3k range with them, and once you are, its shredding even Battleships.
The Overlord isn't as awesome at range as you think, first, it only has 2 dorsal lances, dealing half the dpm as a Gothics broadside, and its dpm with the plasmas isn't even worth considering at 12k range, bc even with accuracy upgrades its not even half the dpm of its own lances. You are grossly underestimating the effect of accuracy and armor on macros, especially in the case of the Tyrant that doesn't have the solid base dpm of lances and less dpm than a Dominator, so that its supposed range advantage is completly nullified.
I'd recommend taking a look at the DPM Excel sheet thread and this lovely sheet here https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz7WU3 ... ef=2&pli=1 and test it out ingame. I did it and that's how I came to those conclusions.

About torpedoes: You raise an interesting point worth checking out, but how precisely do you think they should be used?
If you are manuvering your ships in close range engagements to face their prow at the enemy to unleash massive salvos you're losing the ability to do 180 degree fast turns to bombard with both broadsides. You simply don't have the plasma to do both and atleast I only manage to hit a full torpedo salvo on chaos ships when their engines are disabled, bc torps are too damn slow and chaos super fast.

dominator is deals the most damage of all other ships to 6k range after the retribution battleship, with the targeting matrix upgrade it deals a serious punch!
the tyrant is a fair choice because the only other cruiser with a similar role is the lunar that cannot project damage at more than 6k, ofc the lunar deals more damage but is a little bit less flexible thus the tyrant in my eyes is fine.
The Gothic class is probably doing too much damage in short range (like an overlord) and i think a little reduction in the dmg output of gothic class should be good, but gothic fits in a different role with the nova cannon and costs a lot more than other cruisers.

for torpedoes you need to have a full torp setup and use "burn retros" to keep ships in place, then orient them one by one to the same spot and fire, at long range if used well can negate entire areas of space and often i can hit with some torpedoes even at long range.
a torp setup is a static fleet and you need to use it as a wall and your broadsides will come into play to defend your formation and when you will catch something in short range. It's not easy to do and involves a lot of micro but i assure you that at medium and short range you can wreck ships with torpedoes salvos and then finish them off with your broadsides, very often you will be able to cripple an enemy ship with torpedoes and lightning strikes while your broadsides devastate other ships in your surrounding.

Imperator5

Postby Imperator5 » 20 March 2016, 21:55

Shaftoe wrote:You're all talking about something unreal regarding Mechanicus.

Once again, my suggestion regarding Favors:
1) Make Inquisitorial ships' hulls mate instead of glossy.
2) Make Mechanicus windows normal yellow, instead of strange green
3) Make Naval favor call in 3 Cobras or 2 Swords or 2 Firestorms (Random).
4) Make Space Marines favor forward skeleton statue more... massive, to endure ramming actions.

If you agreed with me, please try to spread it. Devs won't see buried comments, so we'll have to force good suggestions all together.

Sounds good, but I want red windows on Ad Mech cruisers. Green can be for =I= .
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

Return to “Imperial Navy”