Page 1 of 2

The Search For Life

Posted: 21 March 2017, 01:01
by Alexi_Menser
Greetings Admirals,

It seems that the forums have become slowly depopulated over the last year, and sadly there is no longer the flurry of activity there once was here. I was just curious and wanted to know who is still active on the forums nowadays?

For the Chaos Gods!
~Alexi

Re: The Search For Life

Posted: 21 March 2017, 02:52
by Ashardalon
im still here
less and less to discuss sinse most things have been spoken about already and there havnt been new things for a while
guess we could talk about the new fightercover system but its buggy and there is very little info on how it works at all sinse the visuals are not a representation of the actual thing

Re: The Search For Life

Posted: 21 March 2017, 03:56
by Alexi_Menser
Ashardalon wrote:im still here
less and less to discuss sinse most things have been spoken about already and there havnt been new things for a while
guess we could talk about the new fightercover system but its buggy and there is very little info on how it works at all sinse the visuals are not a representation of the actual thing


New system? What is it supposed to do?

Re: The Search For Life

Posted: 21 March 2017, 06:11
by Ashardalon
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=24212
no idea what the intention was but it is mentioned in the last update that they did something to the fighters

"Modification of the ordinance behavior, launching an ordinance skill while another ordinance squadron is already out will create a new squadron instead of regrouping with the existing ones."
from the balance section of the 1.8 patch

Re: The Search For Life

Posted: 21 March 2017, 06:18
by Alexi_Menser
Ashardalon wrote:http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=24212
no idea what the intention was but it is mentioned in the last update that they did something to the fighters

"Modification of the ordinance behavior, launching an ordinance skill while another ordinance squadron is already out will create a new squadron instead of regrouping with the existing ones."
from the balance section of the 1.8 patch


Basically, if your squadron of fighters had 3 craft out of 6 remaining, before it would just launch 3 to replace them. Now it instead launches a full squadron of 6 it would seem and the 3 are recalled.

Re: The Search For Life

Posted: 21 March 2017, 18:55
by Ashardalon
Alexi_Menser wrote:
Ashardalon wrote:http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=24212
no idea what the intention was but it is mentioned in the last update that they did something to the fighters

"Modification of the ordinance behavior, launching an ordinance skill while another ordinance squadron is already out will create a new squadron instead of regrouping with the existing ones."
from the balance section of the 1.8 patch


Basically, if your squadron of fighters had 3 craft out of 6 remaining, before it would just launch 3 to replace them. Now it instead launches a full squadron of 6 it would seem and the 3 are recalled.

that is the idea i think, but its not how its currently working
the current mechanic even seems to counter decoy torps, squads dont go after the same target
but the visuals arnt really reliable so discussions about how to use/counter the mechanic as its currently working is hard

Re: The Search For Life

Posted: 03 April 2017, 09:19
by BrianDavion
I still Lurk, just with nothing happening I rarely bother posting.

Re: The Search For Life

Posted: 03 April 2017, 10:26
by Alexi_Menser
BrianDavion wrote:I still Lurk, just with nothing happening I rarely bother posting.


Understandable there...

Re: The Search For Life

Posted: 03 April 2017, 15:37
by Romeo
I kinda joined when it was dead, so I'm active now! :lol:

Re: The Search For Life

Posted: 03 April 2017, 16:02
by Bosie
BrianDavion wrote:I still Lurk, just with nothing happening I rarely bother posting.


Same here.