Closed Alpha Announcement

Talk about Battlefleet Gothic: Armada here!
Alexi_Menser
Community Moderator

Re: Closed Alpha Announcement

Postby Alexi_Menser » 23 October 2015, 10:33

I've been an avid Warhammer 40,000 and Warhammer Fantasy player for over half my life, starting at the age of 7 and continuing throughout the last 11 years of my life. I sadly never had the chance to play Battlefleet Gothic because of no local players, but I took the time to read into the lore and rules as I did with many other spin off games such as Blood Bowl (I now play this on the PC as well) and Dark Millennium (With friends locally).

I've been looking forward to a computer adaption of this game for a long time, and I'm glad it's finally here. I'm planning on becoming a game designer myself (I'm hoping to begin studying at the Academy of Interactive Entertainment in 2017) so having the chance to be part of a core testers group and give feedback might help me with understanding the process better.

I do a lot of concept design work at home, and I'm planning on attending AIE (The Academy of Interactive Entertainment) in Sydney in 2017 once I've had a year to prepare a portfolio that I feel is adequate and to adjust to life outside of schooling. (Although I've had plenty of practice prior to now) In particular, I enjoy working on overall game mechanics, balancing the game and narrative design/editing, and these have become my strong suits over time.

But most importantly, this is Battlefleet Gothic. The trials of the Segmentum Obscurus have always been my favourite part of the Warhammer 40,000 Universe, and to see it as a game is a dream come true. I want this game to succeed for my own enjoyment, and so that others can see just how amazing the 40K universe is. I want to do as much as possible to help make that success come true, and as I have yet to gain the qualifications to join Tindalos Interactive or Focus Home Entertainment, I want to be an Alpha tester and at least give the feedback they need to improve the game and make it a materpiece.
Last edited by Alexi_Menser on 29 October 2015, 07:12, edited 1 time in total.
Wit Beyond Measure Is Man's Greatest Treasure

TheGreenBaron
(Former) Alpha Tester

Postby TheGreenBaron » 23 October 2015, 12:49

Yeah, I'm here. Looking around the names, seems like the old timers are starting to come in.
Non Nobis Domine Non Nobis Sed Nomine Tua Da Na Glorium

Warmaster Will

Postby Warmaster Will » 23 October 2015, 23:47

I remember waiting for the Rogue Trader book to be released.
I remember the begining and the end.
I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor

LionEljonson1

Postby LionEljonson1 » 24 October 2015, 04:39

I mean today's my birthday soooooo yeah lol

Bangel65

Postby Bangel65 » 24 October 2015, 16:03

I did try to register... after i do the 2nd screen after 3 i hit accept and then it shrinks down. did i screw up or did it register?

calgar117

Postby calgar117 » 24 October 2015, 16:35

registered cannot wait to give this a shot! :)

actaria

Postby actaria » 24 October 2015, 19:36

I am in :D

Alexi_Menser
Community Moderator

Postby Alexi_Menser » 25 October 2015, 09:51

There have probably been something akin to 1,500 applications for BFG:Armada by now. How many people were they intending to have in the Closed Alpha? And what did they mean by how our profile looked? Are they referring to who we are/where we live, our skill at gaming and time available or activity in the community concerning BFG:Armada?
Wit Beyond Measure Is Man's Greatest Treasure

Barnaba
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Barnaba » 25 October 2015, 11:52

Hi everyone!

I'm too veeeery excited to play BFG on PC. I've played almost every computer adaptation of 40K games from Final Liberation and Chaos Gate up to newest Space Hulk adaptation (I also remember its first PC adaptation, back on my 386DX 40MHz :-)

I've played a lot tabletop games, but now my Space Wolf army is waiting in a time chamber to a day when my son will be old enough to play with me.

I wasn't played BFG tabletop, but I'm proud owner of 4 big Man O' War fleets (Orcs, Elves, Dwarfs and Skaven-Nurgle alliance). I'm wondering if anybody here remember this terrific WFB naval game?

I wish that we will be all selected to alpha (or maybe beta?)

Lucius

Postby Lucius » 25 October 2015, 15:05

registered

Deus est machina !

Return to “General Gameplay Discussion”