Veritatem Imperialis mod - Version 1.2

Talk about Battlefleet Gothic: Armada here!
Bludfist

Re: Imperator's mod idea

Postby Bludfist » 14 June 2016, 19:22

you could even create all those grand cruisers every one has wanted, just put them in the BC slot and price them between a BC and a BB

Also if the slamblasta dosnt work what about a terror ship?

would finally give orks a decent carrier option
Chaos walking into Aldorf be like
Spoiler : :

PistonMiner

Postby PistonMiner » 14 June 2016, 19:27

Bludfist wrote:you could even create all those grand cruisers every one has wanted, just put them in the BC slot and price them between a BC and a BB

Absolutely possible, might get close with only 2 BC slots though. That's one of the meta-issues I need to look at.

Bludfist

Postby Bludfist » 14 June 2016, 19:34

PistonMiner wrote:Absolutely possible, might get close with only 2 BC slots though. That's one of the meta-issues I need to look at.

just to confirms real quick here cause i didnt see you explictly mention it, it is possible to change upgrades?

or only weapon stats and ship modules?

Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Imperator5 » 14 June 2016, 19:35

Yeah we need more ship slots for all classes.

I'm thinking about 4 BS slots, 6 BC and 10 C ones for bigger battles. with 1500 and 2000 point battles.

As for Terror ships, I thought all that was needed doing was balance the ork module extra costs and give more customisation points to spend, right?

The slambasta had special broadside zapps that I'm not sure we can do.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

PistonMiner

Postby PistonMiner » 14 June 2016, 19:38

Bludfist wrote:

just to confirms real quick here cause i didnt see you explictly mention it, it is possible to change upgrades?

It should be, haven't specifically looked into them yet though.

Bludfist

Postby Bludfist » 14 June 2016, 19:53

Imperator5 wrote:The slambasta had special broadside zapps that I'm not sure we can do.

would it be possible to "create weapon modules"? if you for example used the kannonz weapon module appearance but made it fire zzzap projectiles?

Or edit a weapon module to fire a projectile and give the weapon system 100% accuracy, armor penetration and other characteristic of lances with Zzzap weapon stats

Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Imperator5 » 14 June 2016, 19:55

Bludfist wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:The slambasta had special broadside zapps that I'm not sure we can do.

would it be possible to "create weapon modules"? if you for example used the kannonz weapon module appearance but made it fire zzzap projectiles?

Or edit a weapon module to fire a projectile and give the weapon system 100% accuracy, armor penetration and other characteristic of lances with Zzzap weapon stats

I think it would be possible to use Gunz models for Side-zapps. Good idea!
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

WhoopieMonster

Postby WhoopieMonster » 15 June 2016, 07:47

Hi PistonMiner, cudos on your already impressive work.

Are you planning on releasing your tools for wider consumption? :D

PistonMiner

Postby PistonMiner » 15 June 2016, 11:52

WhoopieMonster wrote:Hi PistonMiner, cudos on your already impressive work.

Thanks.

WhoopieMonster wrote:Are you planning on releasing your tools for wider consumption? :D

Well, right now my tools mostly just help me at doing stuff since you still need a lot of technical knowledge to use them, so there's no point in releasing what I have now cause you won't be able to use them.

If I do ever make user friendly modding tools for this game and there is enough people wanting to use them (not people wanting people to use them), then I probably will release them. However, those are really not at the top of my ToDo right now.

WhoopieMonster

Postby WhoopieMonster » 15 June 2016, 12:08

I am a software developer by trade, so I'm sure I could figure it out but I appreciate it takes time out of your day etc so there is no pressure from me :)

I did have a brief look at editing the game, but free time isn't something I have a lot of. I managed to successfully import the model files and open some of the associated code in Visual Studio, but it only seemed like snippets and a lot looked to be missing. I haven't really have the time to dig any deeper. Out of curiosity, once you've unpackged the game did you use another tool, beyond unreal editor to mess around with the uasset files? Or is that where your custom tools come in?

I haven't tried since the latest patches to do anything, you hinted earlier that this has made things 'better'. Would you recommend I have another look?

No bother if you don't feel like going into this, just ignore my post and I'll take that as a 'please leave me alone WhoopieMonster' :)

Return to “General Gameplay Discussion”